ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 11
1 2345 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Airline pilots are very worried about the government shutdown
eDave 09:23 PM 01-05-2019
In an Astonishing Letter, Delta and United Airlines Pilots Just Told President Trump To Stop and Think

I am writing to urge you to take the necessary steps to immediately end the shutdown of government agencies that is adversely affecting the safety, security and efficiency of our national airspace system.

The pressure these civil servants are facing at home should not be ignored. At some point, these dedicated federal employees will encounter personal financial damages that will take a long time from which to recover, if at all.

https://www.inc.com/chris-matyszczyk...sca5jU-cOLXJnE
[Reply]
listopencil 09:24 PM 01-05-2019
Why am I still required to pay federal taxes if the government is shut down?
[Reply]
D2112 09:28 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Why am I still required to pay federal taxes if the government is shut down?
Thatís a very good point. Are we tax exempt while itís shut down?
[Reply]
LiveSteam 09:29 PM 01-05-2019
Only 23% is shut down.
eBeta is triggered
[Reply]
D2112 09:29 PM 01-05-2019
This fucking shut down happens every other year now. It’s not the end of the world
[Reply]
eDave 01-05-2019, 09:30 PM
This message has been deleted by eDave.
D2112 09:33 PM 01-05-2019
Moreover, CNN now reports that hundreds of TSA screeners are calling in sick. Could the fact that they're not being paid have an influence?


Lol I know that’s not true
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:36 PM 01-05-2019
I have no plan to fly till this is fixed.
[Reply]
tk13 09:41 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by D2112:
That’s a very good point. Are we tax exempt while it’s shut down?
You still are required to file your taxes by April 15. But it's possible if the shutdown lingers on that you won't get your tax return until it's over.
[Reply]
eDave 09:42 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by D2112:
This fucking shut down happens every other year now. Itís not the end of the world
Itís amazing how much less safe the shutdown makes us, when compared to a wall. Itís almost comical... almost.
[Reply]
D2112 09:48 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
Itís amazing how much less safe the shutdown makes us, when compared to a wall. Itís almost comical... almost.
Im sorry I was just pointing out that the article you posted is a horseshit oped that you went all chicken little on.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:49 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by D2112:
Moreover, CNN now reports that hundreds of TSA screeners are calling in sick. Could the fact that they're not being paid have an influence?


Lol I know thatís not true
Please. The TSA not being there probably makes you more safe. Your more liable to be sexually assaulted by a TSA agent than encounter a terrorist.
[Reply]
D2112 09:49 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
You still are required to file your taxes by April 15. But it's possible if the shutdown lingers on that you won't get your tax return until it's over.
I know, I was being sarcastic. Iím probably going to have to pay this year, so that wonít effect me.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 09:50 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
In an Astonishing Letter, Delta and United Airlines Pilots Just Told President Trump To Stop and Think

I am writing to urge you to take the necessary steps to immediately end the shutdown of government agencies that is adversely affecting the safety, security and efficiency of our national airspace system.

The pressure these civil servants are facing at home should not be ignored. At some point, these dedicated federal employees will encounter personal financial damages that will take a long time from which to recover, if at all.

https://www.inc.com/chris-matyszczyk...sca5jU-cOLXJnE


The fact that the letter is addressed only to the President and not to the members of Congress who are equal participants in this situation is quite ridiculous.
[Reply]
D2112 09:52 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Please. The TSA not being there probably makes you more safe. Your more liable to be sexually assaulted by a TSA agent than encounter a terrorist.
That top paragraph was from edaves link. Which was proven false.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pjmedia...situation/amp/
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:54 PM 01-05-2019
This doesn't concern me at all.

In fact, nothing about the shutdown concerns me as long as the military gets paid.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 11
1 2345 > Last »
Up