ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Chiefs 2019 Needs
pugsnotdrugs19 08:47 AM 12-29-2018
Knowing what we know now about 2019 contracts, I wanted to list some of the needs KC will have once the offseason begins at this current time. I’m hoping to see others chime in on what they feel the needs are, and also highlight positions of strength in the draft and FA to address said needs. Off the top of my head we have....

Cornerback (2-3 capable of starting)
Safety (2-3 pending Berry and Sorensen outlook)
Offensive line depth (1 center, 1 tackle)
Running back (1-2)
Wide receiver (#3 guy)
TE #2
DE (Bailey replacement and more depth)
Edge (Ford tag?)
ILB (starter)
Fullback (Sherman?)

In no particular order there, just spitballing. Fuck we have quite a few needs. Anyways, do you have any that you would add or take away and how do you want to see them addressed based on the draft and FA pools?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:09 AM 01-01-2019
I can definitely see KC bringing Jeff Allen back for the vet minimum as a guy they like who knows the offense. Which would alleviate some potential depth issues with a cheap option.
[Reply]
philfree 12:30 AM 01-01-2019
They're going to need a new trophy case.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:48 AM 01-01-2019
Their biggest need is to absolutely nail the draft. No more damn projects in the 2nd like Kpass and Speaks. There are plenty of starting jobs and playing time available, so there's no excuse to take any players who are projects and can't get on the field right away.
[Reply]
EMAW24 10:38 AM 01-03-2019
I hate the defense as much as anyone, but I would be all for using our first round pick on the OL if there is one they like available. I'm a K-State guy so maybe a little biased, but if Dalton Risner is available, hopefully at 32 :-), i'd think about it. Could play anywhere on the line and would be able to replace Morse if you're gonna let him walk. The defense needs fixed, but making sure the OL is the best it can be should be a top priority.
[Reply]
Otter 12:51 PM 01-03-2019
Why is Sherman a question mark? What more could you want out the fullback position?
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:00 PM 01-03-2019
BDPA on every pick.

But CB is a very thin position, especially if they let Nelson walk in FA. I also doubt Scandrick is a Chief next yr.

Seriously though...Chiefs need help everywhere on defense, and the last draft was a giant dumpster fire.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:05 PM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
BDPA on every pick.

But CB is a very thin position, especially if they let Nelson walk in FA. I also doubt Scandrick is a Chief next yr.

Seriously though...Chiefs need help everywhere on defense, and the last draft was a giant dumpster fire.
Was it though?

Letís be fairóKC didnít exactly have the greatest litter of picks to choose with. And thatís fine, because Mahomes. But itís been not even one full season, no draft class should be judged one way or the other based on that.

- Speaks: switched positions, was never gonna be a finished product this year but HAS gotten better
- Nnadi: looks like a solid NT for years to come at this juncture
- DOD: an upgrade at the moneybacker position over Sorensen, and has starter potential in the long term
- Watts: his biggest issue seems to be durability, but Iím pretty sure heíd be starting right now if he hadnít gotten hurt
- Tremon: at worst heís a really good kick returner, and he canít be written off as a corner just yet
- McKenzie: redshirt year, playing on offense for the first time since probably high school. Has the physical ability to develop into a really good guard if he can master techniques.

Not having a pick until selection 49, thatís not that bad. Thereís high upside in that class. It might take another year or two to see it, but theyíre all guys who I can see sticking on the roster for the duration of their rookie contract and that is a rarity.

All Iím saying is letís wait and see.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:29 PM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Was it though?

Letís be fairóKC didnít exactly have the greatest litter of picks to choose with. And thatís fine, because Mahomes. But itís been not even one full season, no draft class should be judged one way or the other based on that.

- Speaks: switched positions, was never gonna be a finished product this year but HAS gotten better
- Nnadi: looks like a solid NT for years to come at this juncture
- DOD: an upgrade at the moneybacker position over Sorensen, and has starter potential in the long term
- Watts: his biggest issue seems to be durability, but Iím pretty sure heíd be starting right now if he hadnít gotten hurt
- Tremon: at worst heís a really good kick returner, and he canít be written off as a corner just yet
- McKenzie: redshirt year, playing on offense for the first time since probably high school. Has the physical ability to develop into a really good guard if he can master techniques.

Not having a pick until selection 49, thatís not that bad. Thereís high upside in that class. It might take another year or two to see it, but theyíre all guys who I can see sticking on the roster for the duration of their rookie contract and that is a rarity.

All Iím saying is letís wait and see.
agreed.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:39 AM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
Why is Sherman a question mark? What more could you want out the fullback position?
What are you talking about?

He's a free agent. The only question is whether or not KC re-signs him.
[Reply]
O.city 12:22 PM 01-05-2019
I think Sherman is one of those guys you never really know how valuable he is til he’s gone.

He’s good on special teams, good when he gets chances on offense and is a leader. You’ve gotta keep him
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:31 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think Sherman is one of those guys you never really know how valuable he is til heís gone.

Heís good on special teams, good when he gets chances on offense and is a leader. Youíve gotta keep him
Yip. Heís a badass. Need those guys.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:35 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Yip. Heís a badass. Need those guys.
the ultimate lunch pail guy. guys like that are the heart and soul of a football team.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:00 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
the ultimate lunch pail guy. guys like that are the heart and soul of a football team.
If thereís an opposite to a locker room cancer, Sherman is it. And culture is a huge deal in the NFL as we see with Pittsburgh and other teams.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:41 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If thereís an opposite to a locker room cancer, Sherman is it. And culture is a huge deal in the NFL as we see with Pittsburgh and other teams.
Unfortunately, he plays a position in today's NFL that you should probably just rotate out every 4 years with a low-salary, rookie. Given the salary cap going forward $2-2.5 m per for a fullback is hardly a wise use of cap when you can have one between 500 and 600k.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:56 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Unfortunately, he plays a position in today's NFL that you should probably just rotate out every 4 years with a low-salary, rookie. Given the salary cap going forward $2-2.5 m per for a fullback is hardly a wise use of cap when you can have one between 500 and 600k.
The Chiefs do worse stupid fucking shit all the time with the cap and make it work. We pay our punter a gajillion dollars. We give Daniel fucking Sorensen $4 mill/year.

On the list of salary cap "wrongs", this one is pretty damn low. I'd still keep him.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up