ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 21
1 234511 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Stock market on pace for worst December since Great Depression
Lex Luthor 03:25 PM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by :
The stock market is on pace for its worst December since the Great Depression

Two benchmark U.S. stock indexes are careening toward a historically bad December.

Both the Dow Jones Industrial Average and the S&P 500 are on pace for their worst December performance since 1931, when stocks were battered during the Great Depression. The Dow and S&P 500 closed Monday down 7.6 percent and 7.8 percent this month, respectively.

December is typically a very positive month for markets. The Dow has only fallen during 25 Decembers going back to 1931.

The S&P 500 averages a 1.6 percent gain for December, making it typically the best month for the market, according to the Stock Trader’s Almanac.

While the S&P 500 began dissemination in 1950, the performance data was backtested through 1928. It’s worth noting that historically, the second half of December tends to see gains.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/17/wors...r&par=sharebar

"The worst December since the Great Depression". "Market down over 1,000 points since the GOP tax plan was passed".

Wow.
:-) Are the Trump supporters getting tired of all this winning yet?

To be fair, you can't really blame the plunging Dow on the tax cut. Although it can be argued that adding $2 Trillion to the debt can't be good for the stock market, most analysts agree that it's more likely that Trump's idiotic trade war is the cause.

The recent performance of the Dow does show us two things:
  1. Trump is an idiot. Trade wars are NOT good, and they are NOT easy to win.
  2. The tax cut is not the magic cure-all that the GOP believes it to be. All it did was add $2 Trillion to the debt.

I'm just glad I pulled my 401-K funds OUT of the stock market when I did. I'm not putting them back in until after Trump leaves office. Of course, the way things are looking, that will probably be Q2 of 2019.
[Reply]
TLO 03:31 PM 12-18-2018
I took a giant shit while reading this thread.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:32 PM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by TLO:
The market did as well.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:33 PM 12-18-2018
Strange I heard Trump only cared about the uber wealthy who stand to lose the most in the market.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:33 PM 12-18-2018
And :-) the tax plan has anything to do with the market.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 03:34 PM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by TLO:
You should have been frantically tweeting. Then you could be Trump.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 03:35 PM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
And :-) the tax plan has anything to do with the market.
What part of these two sentences did you not understand?

Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
To be fair, you can't really blame the plunging Dow on the tax cut. Although it can be argued that adding $2 Trillion to the debt can't be good for the stock market, most analysts agree that it's more likely that Trump's idiotic trade war is the cause.

[Reply]
Marcellus 03:37 PM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
What part of these two sentences did you not understand?
I was responding the OP you fucking twat.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:38 PM 12-18-2018
So if the economy is so fucked why is the Fed mulling another interest rate hike?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:51 PM 12-18-2018
So it’s finally the Trump economy now?
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 03:53 PM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I was responding the OP you ****ing twat.
You really should stop posting, because all you are doing is embarrassing yourself. Those two sentences were in the OP.

Let me help you out. The BIG BOLDED sentences below are part of the OP. The OP (Original Post) is also called the Thread Starter.

Originally Posted by :
Originally Posted by :
The stock market is on pace for its worst December since the Great Depression

Two benchmark U.S. stock indexes are careening toward a historically bad December.

Both the Dow Jones Industrial Average and the S&P 500 are on pace for their worst December performance since 1931, when stocks were battered during the Great Depression. The Dow and S&P 500 closed Monday down 7.6 percent and 7.8 percent this month, respectively.

December is typically a very positive month for markets. The Dow has only fallen during 25 Decembers going back to 1931.

The S&P 500 averages a 1.6 percent gain for December, making it typically the best month for the market, according to the Stock Traderís Almanac.

While the S&P 500 began dissemination in 1950, the performance data was backtested through 1928. Itís worth noting that historically, the second half of December tends to see gains.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/17/wors...r&par=sharebar

"The worst December since the Great Depression". "Market down over 1,000 points since the GOP tax plan was passed".

Wow.
:-) Are the Trump supporters getting tired of all this winning yet?

The recent performance of the Dow does show us two things:
  1. Trump is an idiot. Trade wars are NOT good, and they are NOT easy to win.
  2. The tax cut is not the magic cure-all that the GOP believes it to be. All it did was add $2 Trillion to the debt.

I'm just glad I pulled my 401-K funds OUT of the stock market when I did. I'm not putting them back in until after Trump leaves office. Of course, the way things are looking, that will probably be Q2 of 2019.
Serious questions:
  1. How do feed yourself?
  2. How do you dress yourself?

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:55 PM 12-18-2018
If we have a rally, it’ll be back to the Obama economy.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 03:56 PM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
So itís finally the Trump economy now?
It's funny you ask that. Trump tweeted incessantly whenever the stock market recorded a new high, and he insisted that he alone was the cause, even though the market had been on a bull run for 7 years before he took office.

Now that he has managed to fuck up the good run the market was having by starting a trade war, he has gone completely silent.

The answer to your question is this: "It is now". Now that he has fucked it up, he needs to own it.

I realize you already know this, and you're just trolling. At least I hope that's the case.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:57 PM 12-18-2018
So it’s his now?

What date are you assigning as the official cutover? Be specific.
[Reply]
tatorhog 04:15 PM 12-18-2018
It makes me sad that Lex changed his avi from Belushi. I liked to think of him as a short, pudgy guy with pit stains bitching about everything people like.

the new avatar just feels dirty next to his name.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 21
1 234511 > Last »
Up