ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
The Lounge>Not smoking pot
rabblerouser 06:20 PM 07-31-2018
So, for the first time in my adult life, for several reasons, I am abstaining from ingesting anything with THC.

DAY 3 :

Jittery, anxious. No coffee this morning. Stomach is..."tight."

Yogurt for breakfast.

The day seemed to drag on and on, in a painful way.

I have some real anxiety issues, and my self-control is being tested.

Anyone ever take a 'hiatus' or quit and have some...'side effects'?

I could take a benzo or a painkiller, but I'm really not a fan of either...

Trying to be normal.
[Reply]
MahiMike 10:43 AM 08-01-2018
I think it has something to do with today's weed. I was never addicted but my kid is.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 10:53 AM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
I think it has something to do with today's weed. I was never addicted but my kid is.
Funny, I love everything about the great strains today. The smell, the look, everything except I simply cannot perform at the level want to so I almost never smoke it. I will use it for pain though. CBD oil fills that need nicely without me getting all faded. If my kid gets on it there will be hell to pay. Yea, I'm that dad.
[Reply]
MahiMike 11:00 AM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Funny, I love everything about the great strains today. The smell, the look, everything except I simply cannot perform at the level want to so I almost never smoke it. I will use it for pain though. CBD oil fills that need nicely without me getting all faded. If my kid gets on it there will be hell to pay. Yea, I'm that dad.
God the smell is awful! I hate it. I've tried the 'hell to pay' way. Didn't work for me.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:01 AM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
God the smell is awful! I hate it. I've tried the 'hell to pay' way. Didn't work for me.
How old is he/she?
[Reply]
MahiMike 11:10 AM 08-01-2018
He's 19. Been smoking since 15. Really messed him up. That and high school. Think it's tougher to be a kid these days.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:32 AM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
He's 19. Been smoking since 15. Really messed him up. That and high school. Think it's tougher to be a kid these days.
My kid is 11 and is on top of everything from school to athletics. He rocks at Judo and Jiu-Jitsu. He started training with a top wrestling coach and even does crossfit. They are already recruiting him at Palo Alto high school. He knows I am serious about military school should he go that direction. All that said it is hard as hell because weed is everywhere here. School after this year is a hard decision. We may even homeschool. I will do my best to keep him out of those circles. With all that said the most talented Judo kid I have ever seen threw it all away at 18. He moved out of his parents house to live in a small dump with his friends and get faded all day. He was a national champion with Olympic gold written all over him. Broke his dads heart. Walked away from a career, fame and an inheritance all to smoke weed with his buddies all day in ghetto ass house in a bad neighborhood. God help me if my kid does that. I also know 2 kids who got their blue belt at 16 and had not lost a match in years in jiu-jitsu. Their parents were not people of means. They both started smoking a lot of weed and quit 3 years ago. One is dead and the other was living out of his car last I heard. Really sad.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:39 AM 08-01-2018
How reliable are those at home drug test?
[Reply]
BWillie 11:43 AM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Weed withdraws for me come in the form of increased energy (which can make it harder to fall asleep), feeling more rested in the mornings, heightened mental awareness, increase in motivation, and more aggression. The aggression stems from having more energy, which puts me in a "get shit done" mode. I'm a no bullshit, get straight to it kinda guy when im in "get shit done" mode.
Are you sure this isn't just, you know, what it feels like normally when you aren't smoking weed all the time?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:43 AM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
He's 19. Been smoking since 15. Really messed him up. That and high school. Think it's tougher to be a kid these days.
Been smoking since I was 12...

Unfortunately, he's going to have to learn for himself that, while marijuana is a great thing, it should be used responsibly and sparingly. Like a medicine.

Unfortunately, it sounds like he's a lot like me, and is using it as a crutch to block out everything he doesn't like about himself/high school/the world around him/etc.

Slippery slope, but no one could make me quit...I had to make that decision for myself.

And everything is harder in 2018. The world has gone full-on retard.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:46 AM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
How reliable are those at home drug test?
WE all do scans to see what we are lacking in our system and what is going in our bodies as well as what we need. I will know exactly to the day if he uses ever.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:49 AM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Been smoking since I was 12...

.
This is why I am on it now. My son may only be 11 but he has a lot of friends 12 - 14 and some of them are starting at a new school where I know there is a lot drugs. He wants to go there because a lot of his friends are there and I told him there is zero chance.
[Reply]
Detoxing 11:54 AM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Are you sure this isn't just, you know, what it feels like normally when you aren't smoking weed all the time?
Yes it is. However it dies down after a week or two.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:45 PM 08-01-2018
I smoked it quite a bit when I was in my late teens and 20s. Eventually I got to the point where I just didn't enjoy it anymore. I felt better when I wasn't stoned. Didn't miss it at all. I had a bout with pain pills and overcame it and let me tell you. Much harder habit to break.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:09 PM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
WE all do scans to see what we are lacking in our system and what is going in our bodies as well as what we need. I will know exactly to the day if he uses ever.
I have a surprise drug test today. I smoked this part Saturday. The home test I took said I was clean. We shall see.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 01:22 PM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I have a surprise drug test today. I smoked this part Saturday. The home test I took said I was clean. We shall see.
Oh man. Good luck with that. 2nd hand smoke because you were at a concert if it comes back positive. Have your ducks lined up.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up