ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 360
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
The Lounge>***Official "Are NFL game outcomes influenced by outsiders?" Discussion Thread***
Frazod 07:51 PM 12-13-2012
[Mod edit: This thread is merged from a multitude of other threads all about this topic. Please try and keep the discussion about the "rigged" NFL here. If this kind of discussion irritates you, please use the "Ignore Thread" feature under "Thread Tools" up and to the right.]

I don't remember if this was ever posted here - if it was, I don't remember it.

Very long, informative, and depressing.

http://spaces.covers.com/blog/Maximu...or-Profit.html

MaximumWins's Blog
Reasons Why The NFL Is Fixed For Profit
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Nzoner 10:15 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And would have been last year, or the year before, or the year before that...
Not last year because Peyton was out :-)

The storyline now is so much greater though that Eli has 2 wins and Peytons comeback.

If you have time watch the following,if nothing else at least listen around the 8:30 mark.


[Reply]
htismaqe 10:20 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Not last year because Peyton was out :-)
Why was Peyton out? Goodell told him to suffer a neck injury, right? :-)
[Reply]
Nzoner 10:25 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Like I haven't seen it before?

Is the Tuck Rule a whacky, weird rule that doesn't come up often? Yes. IS IT A REAL RULE? Yes. Are many butthurt over it many years later? Yes. Is it karmic redemption for the phantom roughing the passer call when the Patriots played the Raiders in the 70s? I'd like to think so.
As much as I hate the Raiders and was elated with that call,I'd now be naive if I didn't believe there was a greater story to be told from that postseason.

Isn't it amazing that the very year the U.S. suffers the worst terrorist attack ever on its soil that a team called The Patriots goes on to play in and win the Super Bowl and when being introduced prior to the game decides to take the field as one as in United We Stand,Divided We Fall.

Just my .02
[Reply]
Frazod 10:26 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Yep, and you saw glaring evidence of it as soon as the real refs came back.
Replacement refs:



Real refs:


[Reply]
htismaqe 10:30 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
As much as I hate the Raiders and was elated with that call,I'd now be naive if I didn't believe there was a greater story to be told from that postseason.

Isn't it amazing that the very year the U.S. suffers the worst terrorist attack ever on its soil that a team called The Patriots goes on to play in and win the Super Bowl and when being introduced prior to the game decides to take the field as one as in United We Stand,Divided We Fall.

Just my .02
Wouldn't it have been more fitting if a team from NEW YORK, you know the city that was attacked, had been in the Super Bowl that year?

Look, the idea that they could rig games, or even a Super Bowl berth, is pretty believable.

The idea that they would do it based on a team's NAME is laughingly preposterous.
[Reply]
Nzoner 10:36 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Wouldn't it have been more fitting if a team from NEW YORK, you know the city that was attacked, had been in the Super Bowl that year?

Look, the idea that they could rig games, or even a Super Bowl berth, is pretty believable.

The idea that they would do it based on a team's NAME is laughingly preposterous.
Why not the Washington Redskins then?

The country was in need of reassurance and what greater stage than the most watched sporting event of all to remind everyone of patriotism and staying united and sending a message to the rest of the world that,oh yeah was watching as well?
[Reply]
HemiEd 10:36 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by frazod:
Replacement refs:



Real refs:

I see what you did there, very nice.
[Reply]
notorious 10:42 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
What's horrendous about the call?

Here's the rule:




You might not like the call, but the rule is the rule. Is it a crap rule? Maybe, but that's a different argument.
Just stop.


It was NEVER called like that until that particular play. For the next 3-4 years refs adjusted to justify that call.

I want you to show me ONE time a QB pump faked and fumbled but it was ruled a imcomplete pass before the Tuck Rule fiasco.

I won't hold my breath, because it doesn't fucking exist.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:45 AM 12-14-2012
Someone brought up the Chiefs - Steelers game.. Anyone else remember the ridiculous OPI call on Moeaki that negated a 15+ yard completion?
[Reply]
notorious 10:46 AM 12-14-2012
For years after the tuck rule, announcers and commentators stated that the QB should just pump fake right after every snap because everything after that will be considered in the process of passing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:50 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Why not the Washington Redskins then?

The country was in need of reassurance and what greater stage than the most watched sporting event of all to remind everyone of patriotism and staying united and sending a message to the rest of the world that,oh yeah was watching as well?
So you're suggesting that they accomplished that by making sure that a team with the Patriots MASCOT got into the Super Bowl?

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Ace Gunner 10:50 AM 12-14-2012
Good article. thx for posting
[Reply]
Nzoner 10:53 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
So you're suggesting that they accomplished that by making sure that a team with the Patriots MASCOT got into the Super Bowl?

:-) :-) :-)
Do you remember the Patriots intro of that Super Bowl?

Just amazing that the year the tuck rule is called that the end result is that.
[Reply]
Hootie 10:56 AM 12-14-2012
The idea that games are scripted is ludicrous...there may be a handful of dirty refs
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:58 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Do you remember the Patriots intro of that Super Bowl?

Just amazing that the year the tuck rule is called that the end result is that.
And it STILL would have been more fitting, more nostaligic, and more patriotic if it had been the Jets, Giants, or Redskins.

Sorry but the idea the Patriots got in because they have a Minuteman on their helmet is just laughable.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 360
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Up