ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 360
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
The Lounge>***Official "Are NFL game outcomes influenced by outsiders?" Discussion Thread***
Frazod 07:51 PM 12-13-2012
[Mod edit: This thread is merged from a multitude of other threads all about this topic. Please try and keep the discussion about the "rigged" NFL here. If this kind of discussion irritates you, please use the "Ignore Thread" feature under "Thread Tools" up and to the right.]

I don't remember if this was ever posted here - if it was, I don't remember it.

Very long, informative, and depressing.

http://spaces.covers.com/blog/Maximu...or-Profit.html

MaximumWins's Blog
Reasons Why The NFL Is Fixed For Profit
Spoiler!

[Reply]
durtyrute 09:18 AM 12-14-2012
This completely fucks up football for me.

The tuck rule, the Saints winning after Katrina, the sack that wasn't called that resulted in a fumble and a touchdown by the Chiefs, but it was called back and the Steelers win in overtime. The fieldgoals that aRE chip ins for good kickers, but somehow they shank it wide left or right. THE EIGHT DOLLAR BEERS...............FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

This makes Durt sad.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:24 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by frazod:
Yeah, I can't wait until the next 13-3 bye one-and-done playoff effort.
Wow man, that sucks.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:27 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by durtyrute:
This completely fucks up football for me.

The tuck rule, the Saints winning after Katrina, the sack that wasn't called that resulted in a fumble and a touchdown by the Chiefs, but it was called back and the Steelers win in overtime. The fieldgoals that aRE chip ins for good kickers, but somehow they shank it wide left or right. THE EIGHT DOLLAR BEERS...............FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

This makes Durt sad.
Maybe if Kansas City gets wiped out by an F-5 they'll toss us one. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:27 AM 12-14-2012
This completely ****s up football for me.

This makes Durt sad.
That was the right call. Get over it.
[Reply]
durtyrute 09:28 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by frazod:
Maybe if Kansas City gets wiped out by an F-5 they'll toss us one. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
durtyrute 09:28 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That was the right call. Get over it.
Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. There was no way the play should have ended that fast. Bullshit.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:36 AM 12-14-2012
Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. There was no way the play should have ended that fast. Bullshit.
How fast? He was in the grasp and forward progress had stopped. They waited nearly 3 seconds to blow the whistle.

That rule has been in place for nearly 60 years. Get over it.
[Reply]
durtyrute 09:42 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
How fast? He was in the grasp and forward progress had stopped. They waited nearly 3 seconds to blow the whistle.

That rule has been in place for nearly 60 years. Get over it.
NEVER........fucking NEVER

Really I don't give two shits, even though magically we did get fucked over by the refs in that game.
[Reply]
MahiMike 09:46 AM 12-14-2012
See! Just like Storage Wars. Fixed entertainment!
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:51 AM 12-14-2012
NEVER........****ing NEVER

Really I don't give two shits, even though magically we did get ****ed over by the refs in that game.
No, we really didn't.
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:57 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by notorious:
Start at 1:10.

Listen to the explaination at 4:05.

Like I haven't seen it before?

Is the Tuck Rule a whacky, weird rule that doesn't come up often? Yes. IS IT A REAL RULE? Yes. Are many butthurt over it many years later? Yes. Is it karmic redemption for the phantom roughing the passer call when the Patriots played the Raiders in the 70s? I'd like to think so.
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:59 AM 12-14-2012
It's funny how our resident Denver and NE fans are backing the NFL. Their teams directly won from two horrendous calls in playoff games that led to Superbowl championships.

What's horrendous about the call?

Here's the rule:

Originally Posted by :
The NFL rule book states: NFL Rule 3, Section 22, Article 2, Note 2. When [an offensive] player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body. Also, if the player has tucked the ball into his body and then loses possession, it is a fumble.

You might not like the call, but the rule is the rule. Is it a crap rule? Maybe, but that's a different argument.
[Reply]
Nzoner 10:00 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
So.....the NFL waited 8 years and several neck surgeries to get Manning vs. Manning in the main event? That makes ANY sense to you?

How does Eli forcing a trade to NYG "thus force Peyton's hand later to play for another AFC team"? To set up the pre-ordained Super Bowl you're talking about? The one that COULD HAVE (but didn't) happen when he had excellent teams in Indy?

And if Manning vs. Manning DOESN'T happen, does that prove that your pulling this completely out of your ass, or do you just forget about it and move on to the next conspiracy theory?

Inquiring minds want to know.
First off I realize it's a conspiracy theory and if it doesn't happen I'll still own up to my comments because I believe shit does go on to give the fans a match for the ages if you will.Now to answer your question what's 8 years the boys have won 3 SB's in that time and Archie would now like nothing more than to see his boys face off in the big game and yes I believe the NFL would love it too,by forcing his hand I think Peyton chose a possible route to see a SB for the ages vs. being a clear cut favorite and signing with the 49er's.

Theory yes but you have to agree a Manning vs. Manning SB would be one of if not the largest cash cow the NFL might ever see and oh the marketing possibilities,brother vs. brother,2 SB wins vs. 1 SB win,the game to settle who is the best etc.
[Reply]
HemiEd 10:02 AM 12-14-2012
The holding penalty is the perfect vessel to control a game.
Yep, and you saw glaring evidence of it as soon as the real refs came back.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:03 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
a Manning vs. Manning SB would be one of if not the largest cash cow the NFL might ever see
And would have been last year, or the year before, or the year before that...
[Reply]
Page 8 of 360
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Up