ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 360
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
The Lounge>***Official "Are NFL game outcomes influenced by outsiders?" Discussion Thread***
Frazod 07:51 PM 12-13-2012
[Mod edit: This thread is merged from a multitude of other threads all about this topic. Please try and keep the discussion about the "rigged" NFL here. If this kind of discussion irritates you, please use the "Ignore Thread" feature under "Thread Tools" up and to the right.]

I don't remember if this was ever posted here - if it was, I don't remember it.

Very long, informative, and depressing.

http://spaces.covers.com/blog/Maximu...or-Profit.html

MaximumWins's Blog
Reasons Why The NFL Is Fixed For Profit
Spoiler!

[Reply]
durtyrute 08:43 AM 12-14-2012
Damn, I was coming in here to call Manning V Manning in the big dance, but someone beat me to it.
[Reply]
notorious 08:48 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Bottom line -- doubt it. Very much doubt it.
Start at 1:10.

Listen to the explaination at 4:05.


[Reply]
htismaqe 08:51 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
So.....the NFL waited 8 years and several neck surgeries to get Manning vs. Manning in the main event? That makes ANY sense to you?

How does Eli forcing a trade to NYG "thus force Peyton's hand later to play for another AFC team"? To set up the pre-ordained Super Bowl you're talking about? The one that COULD HAVE (but didn't) happen when he had excellent teams in Indy?

And if Manning vs. Manning DOESN'T happen, does that prove that your pulling this completely out of your ass, or do you just forget about it and move on to the next conspiracy theory?

Inquiring minds want to know.
EXACTLY.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:57 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by notorious:
The holding penalty is the perfect vessel to control a game.
^
that, and defensive PI to help an offense.
I absolutely HATE that defensive PI is a spot foul. that right there can alter a game. Shit, I think teams who are desperate to move the ball, toss up a huge pass and hope for PI more than they hope for the catch.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:00 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by Dayze:
Shit, I think teams who are desperate to move the ball, toss up a huge pass and hope for PI more than they hope for the catch.
That's not a conspiracy though, that's just good football strategy.
[Reply]
notorious 09:01 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by Dayze:
^
that, and defensive PI to help an offense.
I absolutely HATE that defensive PI is a spot foul. that right there can alter a game. Shit, I think teams who are desperate to move the ball, toss up a huge pass and hope for PI more than they hope for the catch.
I don't think they use that to alter games, it's just that they suck at making the call. It is way to exposed for everyone to see.


The announcers say it all the time,"Holding can be called on every play." Think about it.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:01 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning:
Frazod truly believes the NFL is against the Chiefs. He thinks the refs always give calls to Denver and never give any calls to the Chiefs. Aren't you a Cubs fan too? Your teams just haven't been as fortunate as other teams, it's not fixed.
I'm a Cardinals fan, you window-licking goat fucker.
[Reply]
notorious 09:02 AM 12-14-2012
It's funny how our resident Denver and NE fans are backing the NFL. Their teams directly won from two horrendous calls in playoff games that led to Superbowl championships.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:07 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There's some validity to this line of thinking. I know you don't want to hear it but there's a hint of truth to it.
It's more the harsh realization of the way things are that's made me this way. Oh well. At least I still have baseball. It may not be perfect, but small market teams still have a shot occasionally.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:07 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by notorious:
It's funny how our resident Denver and NE fans are backing the NFL. Their teams directly won from two horrendous calls in playoff games that led to Superbowl championships.
See, this just sounds like bitterness.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:08 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by frazod:
It's more the harsh realization of the way things are that's made me this way. Oh well. At least I still have baseball. It may not be perfect, but small market teams still have a shot occasionally.
Fair enough.

Just make sure you don't change your mind when Geno Smith is holding up a Chiefs #1 jersey this April... :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 09:10 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Fair enough.

Just make sure you don't change your mind when Geno Smith is holding up a Chiefs #1 jersey this April... :-)
Yeah, I can't wait until the next 13-3 bye one-and-done playoff effort.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:13 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Yeah the players not wanting to win is idiotic. He sites that they get paid either way, which simply isn't true. If players don't do their best and try to win they are out of a job.
Yup.

These guys take HUGE risks, and they have an enormous passion for the game. I don't buy that at all.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:14 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by notorious:
The holding penalty is the perfect vessel to control a game.
So is the downfield contact rule.

3rd and 17... Manning drops back... pass incomplete.

OH BUT WAIT! There's a flag.

Illegal contact, on a defensive back who barely touched someone, 5 yard penalty and free first down.

Some teams get a LOT of these bail out calls.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:17 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Yup.

These guys take HUGE risks, and they have an enormous passion for the game. I don't buy that at all.
That and a lot of guys have incentives built into their contracts for winning playoff games/Super Bowls.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 360
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Up