ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 360
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
The Lounge>***Official "Are NFL game outcomes influenced by outsiders?" Discussion Thread***
Frazod 07:51 PM 12-13-2012
[Mod edit: This thread is merged from a multitude of other threads all about this topic. Please try and keep the discussion about the "rigged" NFL here. If this kind of discussion irritates you, please use the "Ignore Thread" feature under "Thread Tools" up and to the right.]

I don't remember if this was ever posted here - if it was, I don't remember it.

Very long, informative, and depressing.

http://spaces.covers.com/blog/Maximu...or-Profit.html

MaximumWins's Blog
Reasons Why The NFL Is Fixed For Profit
Spoiler!

[Reply]
niblet 11:46 PM 12-13-2012
Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks:
It just doesn't make any sense...

Take last year's Super Bowl...they scripted the Welker drop (and he'll forever stay quite about it?) and that Manning to Manningham throw?

OK
Goodell to Bowe (Lumbergh voice):

"Hey, yeah, Dwayne, Goodell here, we're gonna need you to go ahead and drop three passes this week. Mmm'kay? We'll buzz your helmet when it's really important for you to drop one, so yeah just go ahead and make sure you comply or we may have to put your on IR. M'kay, see ya later."
[Reply]
Frazod 11:47 PM 12-13-2012
Obviously many people will never be convinced of this. My FIL and I got in a heated argument about this on Thanksgiving. In his mind, I'm just bitter and jaded because my team sucks and so I'm making excuses. The End. I don't think there's anything I could show him or any argument I could make to convince him otherwise, and the ironic thing is that he's a retired high level executive for a well known company and should damn well know how the game is played. Perhaps denial is just beat into such people - at least outside the boardroom.

I sent him a copy of this article. I doubt if he reads past the headline before he deletes it.
[Reply]
DTLB58 11:48 PM 12-13-2012
Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson:
All the patriot superbowls were rigged.
So the ones they won and lost? :-)
[Reply]
Hootie 11:49 PM 12-13-2012
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
For the most part it's not about picking a winner and loser,and no way in hell do I believe an entire game is scripted.I do believe that shit goes on constantly though when it comes to spreads and over/unders.
That i don't necessarily disagree with
[Reply]
niblet 11:50 PM 12-13-2012
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
For the most part it's not about picking a winner and loser,and no way in hell do I believe an entire game is scripted.I do believe that shit goes on constantly though when it comes to spreads and over/unders.
Yeah, this is more reasonable than the giant conspiracy tale other people seem to be convinced of.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 11:55 PM 12-13-2012
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
...it is so horribly written I can't take the guy seriously...
This. And my objection isn't to his style of writing (which is awful). It's to the feast conclusions he draws from crumbs of evidence.
[Reply]
Nzoner 11:55 PM 12-13-2012
Originally Posted by frazod:
Obviously many people will never be convinced of this. My FIL and I got in a heated argument about this on Thanksgiving. In his mind, I'm just bitter and jaded because my team sucks and so I'm making excuses. The End. I don't think there's anything I could show him or any argument I could make to convince him otherwise, and the ironic thing is that he's a retired high level executive for a well known company and should damn well know how the game is played. Perhaps denial is just beat into such people - at least outside the boardroom.

I sent him a copy of this article. I doubt if he reads past the headline before he deletes it.
it took a few years but I finally convinced a good friend of mine.I hate to think it goes on but there's just too much coincidence for it not to.

For instance the talk is already heating up about a Manning vs. Luck play-off possibility or how about this MAIN EVENT a Manning vs. Manning Super Bowl which would have never been possible if...

1.Lil bro doesn't demand a trade and get traded to an NFC team thus forcing Peyton's hand later to play for another AFC team when he clearly was wanted by Jim Harbaugh in San Francisco and which made a helluva lot more sense then.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:58 PM 12-13-2012
Ugh...the thought of a Manning vs Manning Super Bowl. :-)
[Reply]
Nzoner 12:01 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Ugh...the thought of a Manning vs Manning Super Bowl. :-)
I've already said it numerous times but if that happens it'll be the first time I miss the big game,no hosting a party,no nothing.That said the hype and the money involved on betting would be imo the biggest ever.
[Reply]
Hootie 12:02 AM 12-14-2012
sign me up

I'll take a Luck Vs. Manning, a Manning vs. Brady, and a Manning vs. Manning playoffs...that would be awesome
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 03:02 AM 12-14-2012
Frazod truly believes the NFL is against the Chiefs. He thinks the refs always give calls to Denver and never give any calls to the Chiefs. Aren't you a Cubs fan too? Your teams just haven't been as fortunate as other teams, it's not fixed.
[Reply]
007 03:53 AM 12-14-2012
So the NFL HATES the Hunts obviously.
[Reply]
okoye35chiefs 06:32 AM 12-14-2012
"they" made brady go down on purpose to allow Cassel to look like a hero and then to punish the chiefs!
[Reply]
beach tribe 06:46 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by DTLB58:
What happens when the NFL/TV gods want team A to win over team B really, really badly, so they tell the refs the fix is in. Do whatever it takes, but team B just blows the doors off of team A 58-0 no matter how hard the refs try. Then what?

And what do expect everyone to do about this IF they want to be one of your followers? How is the casual football fan going to supposedly bring down the NFL,TV,Mafia and Vegas IF this is all true?
How exactly can you blow a teams doors off when your 3rd and 6 for a 70 yard gain, is now 3rd and 16 after holding?
It sucks the life out a team.
I don't think many games are fixed, but I think it happens.
[Reply]
Pasta Giant Meatball 07:48 AM 12-14-2012
Phantom holds are awesome
[Reply]
Page 5 of 360
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Up