ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 360
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
The Lounge>***Official "Are NFL game outcomes influenced by outsiders?" Discussion Thread***
Frazod 07:51 PM 12-13-2012
[Mod edit: This thread is merged from a multitude of other threads all about this topic. Please try and keep the discussion about the "rigged" NFL here. If this kind of discussion irritates you, please use the "Ignore Thread" feature under "Thread Tools" up and to the right.]

I don't remember if this was ever posted here - if it was, I don't remember it.

Very long, informative, and depressing.

http://spaces.covers.com/blog/Maximu...or-Profit.html

MaximumWins's Blog
Reasons Why The NFL Is Fixed For Profit
Spoiler!

[Reply]
durtyrute 11:08 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Someone brought up the Chiefs - Steelers game.. Anyone else remember the ridiculous OPI call on Moeaki that negated a 15+ yard completion?
Fucked, I say
[Reply]
KILLER_CLOWN 11:19 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by DTLB58:
What happens when the NFL/TV gods want team A to win over team B really, really badly, so they tell the refs the fix is in. Do whatever it takes, but team B just blows the doors off of team A 58-0 no matter how hard the refs try. Then what?

And what do expect everyone to do about this IF they want to be one of your followers? How is the casual football fan going to supposedly bring down the NFL,TV,Mafia and Vegas IF this is all true?
Holding calls, replay downs until you get the correct outcome.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:25 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
As much as I hate the Raiders and was elated with that call,I'd now be naive if I didn't believe there was a greater story to be told from that postseason.

Isn't it amazing that the very year the U.S. suffers the worst terrorist attack ever on its soil that a team called The Patriots goes on to play in and win the Super Bowl and when being introduced prior to the game decides to take the field as one as in United We Stand,Divided We Fall.

Just my .02
That is a silly connection. There are two New York teams that would make much more sense if they were fixing it.

Edit - I see now that this discussion has already happened.
[Reply]
bevischief 11:27 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks:
The idea that games are scripted is ludicrous...there may be a handful of dirty refs
That's all that is needed.
[Reply]
durtyrute 11:31 AM 12-14-2012
The tuck rule game says it all. If it can happen once it can happen again. Shit, the fact that the Saints won after Katrina should have been another tip. What about the Green Bay/Seattle game this year. It goes on and on.

Manning V Manning, that's all I saying
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 11:39 AM 12-14-2012
The only point I agree with is the ridiculous polamalu td they overturned which was a no doubt td and made no sense to overturn or review...total Vegas call....that said, no way games are fixed, maybe some are steered but the coaches and players would have nothing to do with it
that's why its a pass happy league, because they know two qb fantasy football leagues are where its at.
[Reply]
notorious 11:40 AM 12-14-2012
The idea that games are scripted is ludicrous...there may be a handful of dirty refs
Yes, the guy is insane if he thinks they players would be trusted and that everyone plays to a script.

If game fixing is true, all that it would take is one ref in some important games only making a single holding call.

I would suspect that it wouldn't be Bronculi or any of the other attention whores, it would be a non-descript, "nobody cares who he is" guy.

I believe that 99% of the NFL is legit, but some very important calls over the years have been butchered beyond believe.
[Reply]
Amnorix 11:57 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by notorious:
Just stop.

It was NEVER called like that until that particular play. For the next 3-4 years refs adjusted to justify that call.

I want you to show me ONE time a QB pump faked and fumbled but it was ruled a imcomplete pass before the Tuck Rule fiasco.

I won't hold my breath, because it doesn't fucking exist.

Was the rule on the books when they called it? Yep, sure was.

So the rest is just butthurt.
[Reply]
Amnorix 11:58 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And it STILL would have been more fitting, more nostaligic, and more patriotic if it had been the Jets, Giants, or Redskins.

Sorry but the idea the Patriots got in because they have a Minuteman on their helmet is just laughable.
Didn't have one then. It was already the Flying Elvis, a symbol of national unity for all Americans!
[Reply]
notorious 12:36 PM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by Amnorix:

:-)

Just like if the NBA decided to call traveling correctly against Patrick Ewing on the last shot of a playoff game 7.

Never called it before! But it's in the rules!
[Reply]
notorious 12:42 PM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by Amnorix:

I am butthurt that my most despised rival got knocked out of the playoffs by a team of nobodies (at the time)?

Get a clue. :-)
[Reply]
Rugby Thompson 12:47 PM 12-14-2012
Whoever disagrees and thinks it isn't rigged needs to do some more research. Of course it's not going to stop me from watching the games, it's entertainment but at the same time you really have to take in that the NFL is all about gambling and dirty refs and dirty owners. Players get paid to drop balls in big games and fuck up, sooner or later, we're gonna have a situation on our hands in the NFL where someone is going to speak out about this. The NFL claims it's never rigged a game but it's just too obvious to me nowadays, since this chiefs season was so horrible. I would mostly watch other games and try and see how rigged it was, doesn't anyone else get how fucked up it was when we had those replacement officials, that was all for a fucking story.
[Reply]
MahiMike 12:48 PM 12-14-2012
The reason the Patriots got in is the same as the Steelers. Their owners are crooks.
[Reply]
Rugby Thompson 12:49 PM 12-14-2012
A manning vs manning superbowl would not be the biggest cash cow, Eli is boring. Now if it was Brady and Rodgers, that'd be a different story.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:50 PM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson:
sooner or later, we're gonna have a situation on our hands in the NFL where someone is going to speak out about this.
:-)

It's supposedly been going on since the 1950's yet suddenly NOW we're going to have a situation on our hands?

There's 2 possibilities here:

1) They've kept it quiet for 60 years and it will continue to remain quiet or

2) It doesn't happen with the frequency some people would like to believe.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 360
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Up