ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 131 of 131
« First < 3181121127128129130131
The Lounge>SpaceX megathread
DaFace 09:40 AM 06-01-2014
Lists of Upcoming Missions
Spoiler!


How to Watch a Live Launch
Spoiler!


Where to Learn More
Spoiler!


Glossary
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 03:05 PM 01-06-2019
I'm a sucker for Elon's sense of humor.

pic.twitter.com/Vl6pIb1q9b

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) January 6, 2019


[Reply]
DaFace 06:50 PM 01-10-2019
This is just fan art - not anything official from SpaceX - but it's a cool look at what the finished product MIGHT look like.


[Reply]
DaFace 08:37 PM 01-10-2019
Launch tomorrow morning if anyone's interested. Should be landing on the droneship on the west coast.

Falcon 9 and 10 Iridium NEXT satellites vertical on SpaceX’s California launch pad at Vandenberg Air Force Base. Tomorrow’s instantaneous launch window is at 7:31 a.m. PST, 15:31 UTC → https://t.co/gtC39uBC7z pic.twitter.com/z3fv7j11xH

— SpaceX (@SpaceX) January 11, 2019


[Reply]
DaFace 09:35 PM 01-10-2019

Starship test flight rocket just finished assembly at the @SpaceX Texas launch site. This is an actual picture, not a rendering. pic.twitter.com/k1HkueoXaz

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) January 11, 2019






(Note Starman for scale.)
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:41 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Launch tomorrow morning if anyone's interested. Should be landing on the droneship on the west coast.


Awesome! Will be driving down Sunset at that very moment...
[Reply]
DaFace 09:43 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Awesome! Will be driving down Sunset at that very moment...
Might be a little late for a really spectacular show (since it'll be slightly after sunrise), but it should still be fun to watch!
[Reply]
DaFace 09:25 AM 01-11-2019
T-5 minutes
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 09:40 AM 01-11-2019
That was all nominal.
[Reply]
Hydrae 09:41 AM 01-11-2019
Another awesome launch. Love how routine it all is now.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:00 AM 01-11-2019
I'm kind of going to miss Iridium. They've been a huge supporter of SpaceX, and a lot of the "iffy" launches have been theirs. I bet we'll miss not having them as a mainstay customer.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 10:02 AM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm kind of going to miss Iridium. They've been a huge supporter of SpaceX, and a lot of the "iffy" launches have been theirs. I bet we'll miss not having them as a mainstay customer.
Why are they losing them? Do they have all the satellites deployed now that they could ever need?
[Reply]
DaFace 10:12 AM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by allen_kcCard:
Why are they losing them? Do they have all the satellites deployed now that they could ever need?
Yep. Iridium is replacing their old network with 75 new satellites at 10 per launch. This was launch #8, so they don't need any more.

I suppose it's possible they might need more down the road, but it'll be a long time.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:16 AM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
Another awesome launch. Love how routine it all is now.
Unfortunately super overcast so nothing to see from the ground. :-)
[Reply]
Donger 11:14 AM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:






(Note Starman for scale.)
Wood.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:43 AM 01-11-2019
Saw the replay of today's launch. It's amazing how a rocket engine can disrupt a radio signal. I get that it's shake the hell out of everything, but wow...

And a perfectly centered landing.. Woot!
[Reply]
Page 131 of 131
« First < 3181121127128129130131
Up