ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Driving for Uber/Lyft
Reroka 09:38 AM 07-20-2021
Does anyone doe this. I started just so I could pay off some bills and I did not know that I could make 1500 in 30 hours. Not bad money.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:58 AM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
Based on my Uber usage, it seems like it will be more profitable these days because Ubers are f-ing expensive now. I tried to go from Westport area to Waldo a couple weeks ago and the cheapest was $49. Downtown to midtown (a grand total of 10 blocks) cost $22 last weekend. I haven't gotten an estimate for under $15 in a few months and I'm just going to places nearby.
:-)

Wow. What does that compare to a cab?
[Reply]
stumppy 11:59 AM 07-20-2021
I'd last long enough to cuss out every dumb, slow, stupid, ignorant, mf'n, non driving,sob who crossed my path on the first ride.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:04 PM 07-20-2021
In my area, some drivers have created their own business doing ride shares. I guess to get around having to share money with Uber or Lift.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:06 PM 07-20-2021
Based on my Uber usage, it seems like it will be more profitable these days because Ubers are f-ing expensive now. I tried to go from Westport area to Waldo a couple weeks ago and the cheapest was $49. Downtown to midtown (a grand total of 10 blocks) cost $22 last weekend. I haven't gotten an estimate for under $15 in a few months and I'm just going to places nearby.
I've always found Uber to be far worse at jacking up their prices when they're busy, versus Lyft.... haven't used either in a while though, so they might both be that way now.

IIRC, there's even been shenanigans before that's basically collusion, where drivers stay unavailable until prices go up.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:08 PM 07-20-2021
Should have used Lyft it's cheaper and doesnt charge more during peak times
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:50 PM 07-20-2021
Only do it if you can get a reliable, pleasant-to-be-in beater with good gas mileage.

Follow the advice posted above regarding insurance and look up driver safety tips when you're a for-hire driver.

Get a stack of business cards listing your name as it appears on the app, your vehicle /description, and a phone number you'd like to be contacted at with the window of time you prefer to drive for-hire in a day.

Use both Uber and Lyft for a while, screening riders with the highest ratings. If they're not toolbags / buttfucking morons, give them your card and say you'll accept a cheaper ride for cash / direct venmo than what Uber/Lyft charges them if they text you ahead / beginning of your time window. Make it clear that this will apply to surge prices too.

Profit.
[Reply]
notorious 01:02 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Hate traffic. Hate people. I think this would not be for me.
[Reply]
sedated 01:10 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Should have used Lyft it's cheaper and doesnt charge more during peak times
Lyft is dead to me unless there is no other option. Over a long stretch they were almost as expensive but had 20-30 minute waits to get picked up. Then I waited 40 minutes for one (finishing a drop off nearby), and the f'er cancelled the trip when they were only a few blocks away.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:14 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Dayze:

same here.

I imagine if I were to do it, I'd roll up to the place where I'd have to pick someone up...slowly approach and as they approach the car, I'd be like "....nah", and just speed off.
I've actually had this happen. Going to the airport. Guessing he saw my luggage and just drove right past me. My understanding is they don't know the drop off location until after pickup to prevent it from happening.
[Reply]
Spott 01:20 PM 07-20-2021
I use the heck out of the service and have found Lyft to be a little more reliable and cheaper than Uber. Driving for them would be a different story. I’ve heard a few of them tell me that they’ve been doing very well because of the rental car shortage in a lot of areas. One even told me he was making 2-3 trips to Miami (from Orlando) a week because customers were booking rides from city to city. I can’t imagine taking an Uber for 200 miles, but apparently people are doing it.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 01:20 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I do door dash delivery as a side hustle. Make 15-20hr
Bill have you ever delivered Jack in the Box to a hot guy and sucked him off
[Reply]
notorious 07-20-2021, 01:31 PM
This message has been deleted by notorious.
Reroka 01:35 PM 07-20-2021
I have 3 cars,
i use my oldest car a 2011 Hyundai Sonata with 97k miles on it and in perfect cond. This car is paid off. I have the insurance to cover it with Allstate .

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Only do it if you can get a reliable, pleasant-to-be-in beater with good gas mileage.

Follow the advice posted above regarding insurance and look up driver safety tips when you're a for-hire driver.

Get a stack of business cards listing your name as it appears on the app, your vehicle /description, and a phone number you'd like to be contacted at with the window of time you prefer to drive for-hire in a day.

Use both Uber and Lyft for a while, screening riders with the highest ratings. If they're not toolbags / butt****ing morons, give them your card and say you'll accept a cheaper ride for cash / direct venmo than what Uber/Lyft charges them if they text you ahead / beginning of your time window. Make it clear that this will apply to surge prices too.

Profit.

[Reply]
Saulbadguy 03:02 PM 07-20-2021
Both Uber and Lyft have become more expensive and harder to find. From what i've heard (and seen examples of) from drivers is that the companies are intentionally giving fares to drivers that are further away than other drivers to keep them from operating efficiently (and thus decreasing the amount of fares drivers can get).

Example:

Driver A is dropping off Passenger A on the west side of town.
Driver B is dropping off Passenger B on the east side of town.
Passenger C is on the west side of town (very close to Driver A), but Uber/Lyft will give the fare to Driver B (very far away from Passenger C) so that Driver A can't immediately get a new fare in the area, thus increasing his efficiency/fares per hour.
[Reply]
unlurking 03:38 PM 07-20-2021
This seems really stupid and can't imagine how it would benefit Uber's profits. I imagine they screw their "gig workers" over every chance they get when there are $$$ at stake, but this wouldn't benefit Uber in any way. In fact, it would probably cause losses as customers check the Lyft app and see closer drivers and switch. Most of the people I know use both apps, and check fare/waittime before selecting.
[Reply]
Katipan 06:29 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Both Uber and Lyft have become more expensive and harder to find. From what i've heard (and seen examples of) from drivers is that the companies are intentionally giving fares to drivers that are further away than other drivers to keep them from operating efficiently (and thus decreasing the amount of fares drivers can get).

Example:

Driver A is dropping off Passenger A on the west side of town.
Driver B is dropping off Passenger B on the east side of town.
Passenger C is on the west side of town (very close to Driver A), but Uber/Lyft will give the fare to Driver B (very far away from Passenger C) so that Driver A can't immediately get a new fare in the area, thus increasing his efficiency/fares per hour.
Sometimes it's by time of request. If the passenger wants a pickup at a certain time, they're picking the driver that will arrive at the almost perfect time. In theory, keeping the geographically close drivers moving.

The driver coming from a distance is getting paid for the long pick up.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up