ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 71 of 432
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
ROYC75 02:04 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Also no more Yesufu
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Ya, he hasnt translated well into the system.
I seem to recall a comment from Bill,l excited that he would be suppling some good quality minutes off the bench this year in the rotation! Being there all last year and this past summer, and he hasn't translated well? He was playing some last year and we had a ton of talent ahead of him then. Losing 2 starters should have moved him up enough to get quality minutes behind Harris & Pettiford.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:53 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
They were abusing him defensively for awhile, especially when McCullar was out. Having McCullar out and Dick in = vulnerable defense.
Abusing him is a strong word but it was an interesting strategy to be down 4 and take him out due to defensive deficiencies. Usually when you are winning you sub in offense at the expense of defense and losing vice versa. Gradey is actually good at getting steals and blocking passing lanes. For a freshman he is an ok defender. I do not have any long term concerns.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:21 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
I seem to recall a comment from Bill,l excited that he would be suppling some good quality minutes off the bench this year in the rotation! Being there all last year and this past summer, and he hasn't translated well? He was playing some last year and we had a ton of talent ahead of him then. Losing 2 starters should have moved him up enough to get quality minutes behind Harris & Pettiford.
Ya... but have you watched him?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:39 AM 11-17-2022
Me everytime Yesufu comes into a game

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:02 AM 11-17-2022
Yesufu's been the exact opposite of what I expected. I thought he'd be really solid offensively but struggle to defend at his size. Instead, he's been a solid defender but can't hit the broad side of a barn or score in any fashion.
[Reply]
ROYC75 09:31 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Yesufu's been the exact opposite of what I expected. I thought he'd be really solid offensively but struggle to defend at his size. Instead, he's been a solid defender but can't hit the broad side of a barn or score in any fashion.
IIRC, last year there were a few games early he supplied some offense, then Bill settled into his rotation guys.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:47 PM 11-18-2022
Man, Rupp is a rough place right now...... Gromcat specifically is about to have an aneurysm. :-)

Originally Posted by :
I'm starting to straight dislike Calipari

I'm to the point I don't even have to hear his idiocy, just looking at his assface pisses me off...

Originally Posted by :
People are sick to death of him being terrible at what he's actually paid to do. He's paid handsomely to win meaningful games for the University of Kentucky. That part has never seemed to be a priority for him. And top that off with the comments he makes about/towards the fans, and the entire package becomes very sour and tough to stomach without the wins. He's not paid $9M a year to do telethons and help guys buy Bentleys.

Originally Posted by :
He falls back into his shitty coaching ways anytime the going gets tough. It’s time for a fresh start. I don’t care who he has on his team, he will not know how to coach them so it doesn’t matter.

Originally Posted by :
I’m sick of this program being treated like shit because Calipari’s cologne and Italian bs was too much for someone to take.

We are losing our standing in the college basketball world right before your eyes. Wake up.

You can’t lose like this on a constant basis and be the best program of all time. Calipari is dismantling our position daily. Most fans don’t consider us the best anymore.

If you’re okay with that, then I’m not okay with you and f your opposing viewpoint.

Originally Posted by :
Above all I miss being feared. Used to teams would be like yep Kentucky is coming to town we are losing. I miss when AUBURN fans didn't troll our board because we suck so bad. Cal has go to go. I'm set in this. He has to go now.

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:55 PM 11-18-2022
:-)

Bill Self better than Cal?

The consensus is that Bill Self is a better game day coach, but he's a dirty coach with thug players so they wouldn't want him at UK. :-)

Originally Posted by :
I wouldn't take Self over Calipari. Is Self a better on floor coach than Calipari, maybe, but I would take Calipari the man vs. Self the man.

[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:12 PM 11-18-2022
Lmao that’s a fun read
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:15 PM 11-18-2022
Cal has signed 2,3,6,8,22 in this class

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2023
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:28 PM 11-18-2022
Is that just because they lost to Michigan State the other day or is there more to it?

The feared comment is interesting, yet pretty blind to the rest of the sports world... that's just sports in general, I think, given how the playing field has leveled between the best of the best and everyone else (and for CBB, it's of course the Steph Curry phase of basketball to drain a million 3s).
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:33 PM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Is that just because they lost to Michigan State the other day or is there more to it?

The feared comment is interesting, yet pretty blind to the rest of the sports world... that's just sports in general, I think, given how the playing field has leveled between the best of the best and everyone else (and for CBB, it's of course the Steph Curry phase of basketball to drain a million 3s).
Probably has more to do with them losing to a 15 seed.

Just wanted to remind everyone. UK lost to a 15. Kansas overtook UK has the winningest program ever. Then Kansas won the National Title.

Also, UK lost to a 15.
[Reply]
Pablo 01:33 PM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Cal has signed 2,3,6,8,22 in this class

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2023
Those are the sort of guys you need to get if you’re going to run the *clapping hands and yelling go go go* offense against juggernauts like St Peters
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:42 PM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Probably has more to do with them losing to a 15 seed.

Just wanted to remind everyone. UK lost to a 15. Kansas overtook UK has the winningest program ever. Then Kansas won the National Title.

Also, UK lost to a 15.
Hell, that's only the 3rd worst season/outcome under Calipari.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:29 PM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
:-)

Bill Self better than Cal?

The consensus is that Bill Self is a better game day coach, but he's a dirty coach with thug players so they wouldn't want him at UK. :-)
If even those homers/KU haters admit that Self is better.....you know he's a LOT better.

If Self had his pick of the litter like Calipari, he'd absolutely crush it. Self misses on recruits a lot. Even before the FBI probe. He often has to accept leftovers and ends up with rosters that aren't ideally constructed.
[Reply]
Page 71 of 432
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121171 > Last »
Up