ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 18
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Media Center>Netflix: The Witcher
Wallcrawler 01:44 PM 12-22-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Your opinion actually surprised me. When I read everything on Reddit, I assumed you would be next with the same thoughts. The fact that you aren’t on the same page with them makes me feel better about it.

I think my only issue with this season is that I wish there would have been more Geralt but it’s whatever.

What?!

You actually WANT to see the character the ****ing title is based on?

You must be new to this Netflix series thing. It's all the rage now you see. You draw in the fans with the main character, but then you tell a story where the support characters are main characters and the title character does a cameo here and there.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:50 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Your opinion actually surprised me. When I read everything on Reddit, I assumed you would be next with the same thoughts. The fact that you aren’t on the same page with them makes me feel better about it.

I think my only issue with this season is that I wish there would have been more Geralt but it’s whatever.
As somebody that gets immediately turned off by wokeness being forced into movies/shows, I didn’t feel that it was an issue either.

This show doesn’t quite have the production quality and acting of a show like GOT, but I really enjoy it.

And I agree that this show needs more Geralt. He’s the best character played by who is by far the best actor in the series.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:48 AM 12-24-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
As somebody that gets immediately turned off by wokeness being forced into movies/shows, I didn’t feel that it was an issue either.

This show doesn’t quite have the production quality and acting of a show like GOT, but I really enjoy it.

And I agree that this show needs more Geralt. He’s the best character played by who is by far the best actor in the series.
Think you can do better, you dockside scapegrace?

If you could, you could write whatever you please, but you can't, can you?

:-)
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 01:12 PM 12-23-2021
First episode was FANTASTIC. Second episode was OK. However, the quality seems the same as the first season. I like it so far. Nothing weird and woke going on.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 02:55 AM 12-28-2021
Just finished the whole season 2. I left a bit....empty. I think it's good, probably a 6/10, but you could tell the writing and the dialogue were lacking. One thing I will say is that the acting is top notch, and the fight scenes/effects are great. It's just lacking that extra bit of plot/writing to make it a really good show. The whole season just felt like a set up for the next season. A lot of the character decisions rubbed me the wrong way as well.

Anyone played the Witcher 3 video game? Thinking of giving it a go, since the world is so cool, and Geralt is such a cool character.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:29 PM 12-28-2021
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
Just finished the whole season 2. I left a bit....empty. I think it's good, probably a 6/10, but you could tell the writing and the dialogue were lacking. One thing I will say is that the acting is top notch, and the fight scenes/effects are great. It's just lacking that extra bit of plot/writing to make it a really good show. The whole season just felt like a set up for the next season. A lot of the character decisions rubbed me the wrong way as well.

Anyone played the Witcher 3 video game? Thinking of giving it a go, since the world is so cool, and Geralt is such a cool character.
Yes. PLAY IT. Pretty much my favorite game of all time. Also, it will help you understand things about the show that are confusing.
[Reply]
Viet Dong 12-28-2021, 06:02 PM
This message has been deleted by Bearcat.
Fish 08:02 PM 12-29-2021
$10 for the GOY edition. That's crazy.

[Reply]
tredadda 09:24 PM 12-29-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
$10 for the GOY edition. That's crazy.

For anyone who doesn't have it, that's a phenomenal deal for one of the best games ever.
[Reply]
hometeam 10:56 AM 01-02-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
For anyone who doesn't have it, that's a phenomenal deal for one of the best games ever.
I have mentioned this before. I have tried, literally 5 or 6 times to play this game and just cant get far. On its face its incredible, awesome story, beautiful vistas, open world, MODS and cool gameplay elements.

Ultimately, the combat system feels like doo doo :-) , If this game had something in combat like say Shadows of War, Assassins' Creed (which it clearly tries to emulate, albeit the CDPR version) etc, if they could have pulled that off, this game would be up there with Skyrim as a top PC RPG of all time.

Irritates me every time I see it brought up, because I want to love it!
[Reply]
Fish 12:17 PM 01-02-2022
Originally Posted by hometeam:
I have mentioned this before. I have tried, literally 5 or 6 times to play this game and just cant get far. On its face its incredible, awesome story, beautiful vistas, open world, MODS and cool gameplay elements.

Ultimately, the combat system feels like doo doo :-) , If this game had something in combat like say Shadows of War, Assassins' Creed (which it clearly tries to emulate, albeit the CDPR version) etc, if they could have pulled that off, this game would be up there with Skyrim as a top PC RPG of all time.

Technically, you'd be hard pressed to find a list of best RPG PC games that doesn't have Witcher 3 in the top 10 or so. No worries if it didn't work for you. But it's one of the highest ranked RPGs there are.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:06 AM 01-03-2022

Did you get far enough to unlock more of the respective skills trees? That is one pretty big flaw in the game in that the early Velen stuff is pretty lacklustre gameplay wise because there's just not much you can do yet except mindlessly whack away at monsters and maybe use a sign or two.
[Reply]
hometeam 08:59 PM 01-03-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Did you get far enough to unlock more of the respective skills trees? That is one pretty big flaw in the game in that the early Velen stuff is pretty lacklustre gameplay wise because there's just not much you can do yet except mindlessly whack away at monsters and maybe use a sign or two.
Its really not got anything to do with skill trees etc.. its more of how the movement of the combat works etc... i dunno it just feels bad to me :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 01:25 PM 01-03-2022

I understand. I quit the first game in frustration but eventually went back to it. Quit the second game in frustration and never went back to it. And while I did have more than a few FUCK THIS moments with the third, I stuck with it.

Admittedly, the combat system is a bit clunky and convoluted. One of the key things you need to do is dodge/roll, early and often. Stand still in Witcher 3 and you're toast, especially against multiple enemies. I always build up my fast attack and igni skills first, followed by blade oils. Burn/strike/dodge. And if you see the red death emblem above an opponent, RUN. Go back and get them later when you're built up. Wraiths are especially troublesome early on. Can't be hurt unless you've cast yrden and they're within the spell radius. That's obnoxious.

Also, make sure you're using the correct sword when you fight.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:22 PM 01-03-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I understand. I quit the first game in frustration but eventually went back to it. Quit the second game in frustration and never went back to it. And while I did have more than a few FUCK THIS moments with the third, I stuck with it.

Admittedly, the combat system is a bit clunky and convoluted. One of the key things you need to do is dodge/roll, early and often. Stand still in Witcher 3 and you're toast, especially against multiple enemies. I always build up my fast attack and igni skills first, followed by blade oils. Burn/strike/dodge. And if you see the red death emblem above an opponent, RUN. Go back and get them later when you're built up. Wraiths are especially troublesome early on. Can't be hurt unless you've cast yrden and they're within the spell radius. That's obnoxious.

Also, make sure you're using the correct sword when you fight.
It's funny, but when I played through I really built up my Igni tree. It wasn't till well past the halfway point or into the expansions that I realized that Quen is easily the best magic skill in the game for staying alive.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 18
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up