ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 16
« First < 3910111213 141516 >
Nzoner's Game Room>"NFL Coach" says Mahomes Flopped
petegz28 06:12 PM 01-31-2023
Never mind it was a penalty regardless but a "NFL Coach" is mad as heck and stuff...

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-c...ing-field-goal

When Patrick Mahomes was hit late, the penalty set up the Kansas City Chiefs for the game-winning 45-yard field goal.

However, with some controversial officiating throughout the night, the call has come with some scrutiny not only among fans, but NFL coaches as well.

In fact, an NFL coach says Mahomes sold the hit in order to get the extra yards.

"That is what the owners want, $40 million skill players flopping on the ground," an NFC defensive coach told The Athletic, "drawing fouls from chemistry teachers, medical device salesmen and the like."

The coach was referring to the fact that NFL referees are actually part-time employees by the league. Retired official Ed Houchili is an attorney, a career he held throughout his entire refereeing career — his son, Shawn, is a wealth management advisor when he's not officiating games.

Mahomes was tackled by Joseph Ossai at the Bengals' 42-yard line, but the penalty cost Cincinnati 15 yards.

Had the refs eaten the whistle, the Chiefs would have had eight seconds to attempt to get closer (or go for a 60-yarder). Instead, they were right in field goal range, and Harrison Butker drilled it.

The kick sent the Chiefs to their third Super Bowl in four years, and they improved to 3-2 in their last five AFC Championships - all of which they have hosted since 2019.
[Reply]
Spott 08:49 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I supported rfaulks charity in the best way I knew how….I used the coupon for 1 free months of his mama’s onlyfans but cancelled when I saw a tattoo of frank Clarke inside her hope solo.
Unfortunately, that’s about as good as it gets for women in ohio. Even Brooke Pryor would be considered a 10 in Columbus.
[Reply]
headsnap 10:10 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Yea and the dude that shoved him was still moving fast enough out of bounds after he shoved Mahomes he slammed his knee into the bench hurting his knee because he couldn't stop in time.

Yea **** him and all the people crying about this play.
it wasn't the bench, he hyperextended his knee right after he shoved Mahomes.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 07:31 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Why in the flying F would Mahomes NOT have sold it as much as possible? Just a smart ass play by an extremely smart player Where is the outrage over Devonta Smith acting like he caught that 4th down bomb to set up the Eagles first score?

Funny how Bengals fans forget their star safety literally FLOPPED on the field like a freaking fish to fake an injury to avoid a penalty during our regular season matchup.
This. Soooooo much this

I’ve seen Elway, manning, brady and even Burrough earlier in this last game (complaints about Clark putting hands on Joe, then joe did a soccer flop and put his hands up at the officials asking for a call).

But chiefs did it, got a RARE benefit from a ref in a big game and the sky starts falling. Wtf ever
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:31 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by headsnap:
it wasn't the bench, he hyperextended his knee right after he shoved Mahomes.
Ah well whatever happened he was still hauling ass when he shoved Mahomes which caused his injury, so F dat guy.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:41 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
This. Soooooo much this

I’ve seen Elway, manning, brady and even Burrough earlier in this last game (complaints about Clark putting hands on Joe, then joe did a soccer flop and put his hands up at the officials asking for a call).

But chiefs did it, got a RARE benefit from a ref in a big game and the sky starts falling. Wtf ever
It's just sour grapes. The Bengals, their fans, and all the media people that picked the Bengals to win never thought in a million years that they could possibly be wrong. They are all just sore losers.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:47 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Spott:
Unfortunately, that’s about as good as it gets for women in ohio. Even Brooke Pryor would be considered a 10 in Columbus.
Huh? No way. It’s a city with a huge state school and recent college grads. Cincinnati and Cleveland in the other hand….
[Reply]
tredadda 08:52 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
I can't believe this guy hasn't been banned yet. What are you all waiting for?
I would hate to see him gone because the mods forced him out. He actually brings more to here than most other non AFCW fans. I don’t agree with a lot of what he says, but at the same time I would hate for CP to be like so many other boards that are echo chambers and allow only one opinion. He came back after the game and I respect that as most opposing fans do not.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:52 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
It's just sour grapes. The Bengals, their fans, and all the media people that picked the Bengals to win never thought in a million years that they could possibly be wrong. They are all just sore losers.
You ever chat up a chiefs fan wearing a ton of chiefs swag who doesn’t know any player who isn’t mahomes or kelce? Yet they brag about how big of a fan they are? And insist on talking about the game when they don’t even know the rules? Imagine a whole city who acts like this. It’s not surprising the reaction we’re saying. It’s one thing to be outraged but the just fundamental misunderstanding of the rules. Their entire outrage is just sheep listening to what Twitter outrage leaders want you to be mad about
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:39 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Spott:
Dude there is literally no city on Earth where this scenario exist.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:42 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
You ever chat up a chiefs fan wearing a ton of chiefs swag who doesn’t know any player who isn’t mahomes or kelce? Yet they brag about how big of a fan they are? And insist on talking about the game when they don’t even know the rules? Imagine a whole city who acts like this. It’s not surprising the reaction we’re saying. It’s one thing to be outraged but the just fundamental misunderstanding of the rules. Their entire outrage is just sheep listening to what Twitter outrage leaders want you to be mad about
Nonsense!

They should replay the game!

I'm sure the players from both teams totally agree....

:-)

Clown world.
[Reply]
Strongside 09:44 AM 02-02-2023
An "NFL coach" also said Mahomes wasn't a teir 1 quarterback before the season.

Idiots exist everywhere.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:45 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Funny that you mention that. There was a Chiefs fan standing next to me nearly the entire game doing just that. I was trying to be nice but I was getting annoyed.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:46 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Strongside:
An "NFL coach" also said Mahomes wasn't a teir 1 quarterback before the season.

Idiots exist everywhere.
QFT

Folks, this can't be shown enough. I had kinda forgotten about that idiocy. :-)
[Reply]
Spott 10:09 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Dude there is literally no city on Earth where this scenario exist.
Have you ever been to Cleveland?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:48 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Stop it. You all blew your load, hard, in the first quarter and came out with a whopping 6 pts. Then won on a last second field goal after being so frothy all week.

By the skiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin of your teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeth.

Next year you're coming to Cincy for the CG and you're getting your ass handed to you on a silver platter, which Zac Taylor will use pregame to eat a heap of Skyline Chili.

[Reply]
Page 13 of 16
« First < 3910111213 141516 >
Up