View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 161 of 343
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171211261 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:24 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
So, in 2 games, Pat has been sacked once, and thrown ZERO INT's. What are we bitching about again?
And did you also think the OL did an okay job against Tampa in the SB?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:27 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Outside of Khalil Mack being Patrick's face 80% of the game. Average isn't good
That just was not the case.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:27 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Let's just play this game. We let OB walk after this year - now what?

[Reply]
MIAdragon 01:50 PM 09-16-2022
We're not saying anything new, OBJ is a great run blocker but average at pass protection.

Of course you'll get but but finding OTs ever average ones are HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD! Brown doesn't have the feet almost fell on his ass many times against Bosa/Mack the kid doesn't have the footwork or athletic ability.

Some will stick their head in ground never admit that they're wrong. Orlando isn't worth an elite level contract
Not even close.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:04 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
That just was not the case.
Did you watch the game? Orlando was struggling in a big way. 20% of the time he had the clear shot and Patrick did his thing as the best QB in the game. The other times he was just trying to get the ball off.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 02:28 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Andy Heck Needs to look at himself in the mirror. No more excuses. We spent big money on free agent Thuney, big compensation for OBJ , drafts picks, you name it that offseason. Even the guys in the middle of the oline were confused this game.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:15 PM 09-16-2022
Did you watch the game? Orlando was struggling in a big way. 20% of the time he had the clear shot and Patrick did his thing as the best QB in the game. The other times he was just trying to get the ball off.
I watched it live and watched it again this morning watching just Brown. I took a note of pressures.

Mack did not have clear shots anywhere close to 20 percent of the time when matched up against Brown. Did YOU watch the game?

His only sack (and two of his pressures) came when Mack was on the right side of the line and Smith and Wylie did not communicate on the blitz and Smith blocked down on the double team with Humphrey, leaving Wylie with 2 guys in his lap.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:18 PM 09-16-2022
I watched it live and watched it again this morning watching just Brown. I took a note of pressures.

Mack did not have clear shots anywhere close to 20 percent of the time when matched up against Brown. Did YOU watch the game?

His only sack (and two of his pressures) came when Mack was on the right side of the line and Smith and Wylie did not communicate on the blitz and Smith blocked down on the double team with Humphrey, leaving Wylie with 2 guys in his lap.

Yes, I did where multiple chips, and navigation between Creed and Trey for the midfielder TD strike because he was running away from OBJ's inability to stop Mack
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:19 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Next time his agent ask for that top of the market resetting money Veach should give him the tape to this game and tell him to shut the fuck up

So playing tennis didn’t help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:20 PM 09-16-2022

Keep making excuses for an average player who wants to be paid like an HOFer and reset the market
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:20 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
We need to be better at both OT spots.

Bosa made Wylie look like a fat clown on skates last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
srvy 04:39 PM 09-16-2022

If OBjr worships the baby Jesus Duncan will deny him 3 times or more.
[Reply]
srvy 04:46 PM 09-16-2022
Duncan has everyone in the Royals Repository convinced the whole team and front office is a Jehovah's Witness cult.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:37 PM 09-16-2022
I'd argue Brown, himself, looked a lot better in this matchup than he did against Arizona. I haven't watched a replay to assess how much of that was due to schematically moving away from his side though. And everyone here knows how much I hate OBJ for this offense.

The line as a whole though, it was shit. 60% of Mahomes' dropbacks were under pressure. Completely unacceptable.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:55 PM 09-16-2022
Keep making excuses for an average player who wants to be paid like an HOFer and reset the market
Who cares about any of that? We're strictly talking about his performance last night. None of the contract-related stuff has any bearing on that.

I feel like Duncan is about as level-headed and objective as it gets. And I think his opnion after watching the tape isn't remotely something to be dismissed unless you or scrvy have done the same legwork.
[Reply]
Page 161 of 343
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171211261 > Last »
Up