ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 219
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread****
duncan_idaho 09:14 AM 07-03-2023
Year 4 of the Drinkwitz era, let's discuss.

Schedule
Recruiting Class
Rivals
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:11 PM 08-14-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
If Cook is the best option, you play him, no?
Yeah, that's part of the problem...
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:26 PM 08-14-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
He's had multiple chances to fix it. Time to live or die with the dumbassery.

Let's make no mistake though. Cook is getting deals. There's no competition.
It's infuriating.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:39 PM 08-14-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
If the job is 100 percent Cook's, we won't hear any more about the "maybe play 2 QBs for the first few weeks" thing.

If it is not Cook's job, we will.

Time will tell. I think Drinkwitz is a little too obsessed with all the complicated (and, I would argue, minimally effective with a limited QB) eye candy stuff he does in his offense. And that helps Cook out.
I don't know about that. It really depends on the situation if he were to throw out Horn or Garcia.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:47 PM 08-14-2023
If Cook is the best option, you play him, no?
I couldn't tell you who the best player is, because I haven't gotten to see them play. Based on Brady's play last year I find it hard to believe not one of the other guys is better. He was awful. He had 14 TDs and 9 came in 3 games. He had 5 games without a passing TD and 5 with only 1. He couldn't even pad his stats against the shitty teams

201 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT against a 3-9 Louisiana Tech team
58.3 comp%/179 yds/0 TDs/1 INT/10 rushes/-1 rush yds against a shitty 5-7 Auburn team
220 yds/0 TDs/2 INTs/14 rushes/16 rush yds against a shitty 6-7 Florida team
211 yds/1 TD/1 INT/11 rushes/-1 rush yds against a shitty 5-7 Vanderbilt team
143 yds/0 TD/0 INT/8 rushes/17 rush yds against a mediocre 7-6 Kentucky team

Oh, but what about his legs!

Motherfucker had a 4 game stretch that he had 39 rushing attempts and amassed a stellar 3 fucking yards. 3 yds on 39 attempts.

That's really bad, but we get all of these excuses now so he's gonna get a clean slate because

He was hurt, sure he was.
His o line sucked, every shitty QB gets this excuse.
The play calling held him back!

I watched him miss multiple wide open deep balls and over throw receiver after receiver.

Sure, the guys might be all rah rah rah around him, but that's only because he's the starter and that's what teammates do.

Nothing about his play should warrant him getting a chance to start this year.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:27 PM 08-14-2023
Yall just got the #1 recruit and people are bitching about Brady Cook
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:30 PM 08-14-2023
It's kinda like having 9 pro bowlers and Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn as your QB's.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:02 PM 08-14-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Because if Brady Cook starts all season we're going to win 5-7 games and lose Luther Burden and probably multiple other high talent guys.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:30 PM 08-14-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I'm not.

Those two are just miserable twats.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:33 PM 08-14-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm not.

Those two are just miserable twats.
Yes, as if we're the only 2 complaining about the QB position. What's there to be excited about with Alex Smith Lite as QB?
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:33 PM 08-14-2023
Hoping for the best this year would love to win some games.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:26 PM 08-14-2023
If Cook is truly your best option then that just says a lot about the complete failure of Drinkwitz to find a QB worth a damn in his time in Columbia. Don’t really care as much about getting a 5* talent unfortunately when your ceiling is capped with shit QB play year after year.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:37 PM 08-14-2023
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
If Cook is truly your best option then that just says a lot about the complete failure of Drinkwitz to find a QB worth a damn in his time in Columbia. Don’t really care as much about getting a 5* talent unfortunately when your ceiling is capped with shit QB play year after year.
Just to be clear, it's impossible that Cook has continued to improve?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:51 PM 08-14-2023
Just to be clear, it's impossible that Cook has continued to improve?
I'm not sure what an improved Brady Cook looks like, but I think he'll be better than he was last year.

I would imagine the OL being better than last year and not playing with a torn labrum should improve things.

I still don't think he's a good college QB, but he's average.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:57 PM 08-14-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I'm not sure what an improved Brady Cook looks like, but I think he'll be better than he was last year.

I would imagine the OL being better than last year and not playing with a torn labrum should improve things.

Average is pushing it. I'd put him below average.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:55 AM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:

I don't think he really looked good before the torn labrum,but the line and running game could stand to be better.

Who knows maybe this new OC is a QB whisperer and can get 2010 Matt Cassel out of him :-)
[Reply]
Page 9 of 219
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Up