ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 270
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:30 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
To parrot Alibaba, he's never broken 1,000 yds. What I mean by that is that in four years he only has 933 yds to his credit. Less than 250 yds per season average. Now, that's a bit misleading (here's where i deviate from the AllaBabba narrative), because in 2022 he caught fire (kind of) and snared 63 balls for 623 yards and 3 TDs, in 16 games played.

For comparison, DHop went 717 yds with 64 catches and 3 TDs. In 9 games. Receiving passes from four different QBs, three of which have no business starting an NFL game.

Parris averages 3.0 catches/game.

36.6yds/game

6.8yds/tgt.

5 TDs in four years

So, maybe I'm wrong, but that looks like JAG to me. Certainly, if i were AB, I'd be telling you he's as good as DHop, if not better.
Colts were the 30th worst offenses in the league and 27th by yards. Cardinals were 21st in pts and 22nd in yards. Cardinals also threw the ball the 4th most in the NFL.

When Hopkins was healthy or not being suspended for steroids he was being force fed the ball. 96 targets in 9 games and Campbell only had 91 targets in 17 games. It was Hopkins lowest yards per reception of his career.

I'd take Campbell at 26 years old, won't cost draft picks, and will only cost $8 mil a year.

This argument doesn't matter anyway, because Veach isn't going to get a 30+ year old coming off 2 seasons in which he had 2 season ending injuries.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:33 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Why on Earth would you bring up the steroid thing? THat's not an injury.

go Google DHop's games missed due to injury. He's played in 145. Out of a possible 160.
IDC that he was healthy when he was young. I care about that he's had 3 significant injuries in 2 years now that he's old.

When bringing up those other guys I meant they weren't injured later in there careers. Sure they might have missed some games in the first couple of years, but they were healthy after age 27.

Bring up the steroid thing because he was using it for a reason. It's banned for a reason.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 10:38 PM 03-09-2023
DHOP got busted for PEDS last year and is 30.....he was taking PEDS for a reason.

Hard pass for me, but if Veach does it then he has his reasons and he has earned my trust.

I don't think he wants to commit that much cap to a 30 yr old WR though.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:47 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
DHOP got busted for PEDS last year and is 30.....he was taking PEDS for a reason.

Hard pass for me, but if Veach does it then he has his reasons and he has earned my trust.

One thing to consider is that a veteran on a short term deal, like thielen or DHop, are two guys you can bring in without breaking the bank on bandaid deals. You can sign guys like these and work like hell to find a wr in the draft of value market who will hopefully put these guys out of a job sooner rather than later.
[Reply]
bigjosh 11:06 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:

Its common practice to use PEDs for recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:29 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Its common practice to use PEDs for recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Especially, when youre old and need that little extra boost because your body can't keep itself healed without the roids.

It's also not common practice, because a lot more guys would be getting popped for it.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:29 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
One thing to consider is that a veteran on a short term deal, like thielen or DHop, are two guys you can bring in without breaking the bank on bandaid deals. You can sign guys like these and work like hell to find a wr in the draft of value market who will hopefully put these guys out of a job sooner rather than later.
DHop isn't cheap though. Thielen would be though if that's an option.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:16 AM 03-10-2023
This fanboy, masturbate at the water-cooler, signing names on the verge of brokedickism. Is so Al Davis & not Burp Snatch
[Reply]
dtrain 08:06 AM 03-10-2023
To everyone stating D Hop is a broke dick I'm pretty sure before any trade is consummated he will be given a thorough physical and maybe even worked out. I have no doubt after seeing the Veachanator not over pay for OBJ and Clark that he wouldn't get into a bad contract in this situation.
[Reply]
Balto 09:36 AM 03-10-2023
I really don't get the hate by Chris Meck and others for Hopkins. We can of course have our own opinions if he is washed, not as good as MVS and JuJu and such.

BUT even last season when he came back from suspension he looked great. Have the Hopkins haters gone and watched any playback from this past season?

I keep seeing....Hopkins will cost so much. His cap for next season is like $19M. You cut/trade MVS and don't resign JuJu and you would actually be saving money going Hopkins over MVS/JuJu.

I think thats what Veach is thinking. Reid himself said that BOTH Toney and Moore will have much bigger roles this upcoming season. If true, and why would Andy lie, that plays perfectly inline with going after Hopkins!

Last season MVS and JuJu both had about 66% snap count with Justin Watson coming in 3rd with about 43%. Now with Reids quote about Toney and Moore having bigger roles that means more snaps. Who's snaps go down with Toney and Moore taking more? Just makes perfect sense that Veach/Reid go after a guy like Hopkins that takes 70% of snaps while Toney/Moore are your #2 and #3 wide receivers. Could easily keep Watson and what ever rookie Veach drafts.

Hopkins
Toney
Moore
Watson
Rookie/One of the IR or practice squad guys from last year.

Over

JuJu
MVS
Hardman/Toney
Watson
Moore

I think this is a much better WR group with a Elite #1 and perfect #2 in Toney over JuJu and MVS.

Well what about cap? Like I said MVS saves $7M if cut/traded.....JuJu is reported to be getting $12-$15M. Now who knows, JuJu could agree to $10M but I think $12M is the low end and will probably get offered more by another team. So MVS $7M+ JuJu $12M = $19M....exactly what Hopkins will cost. Even IF Hopkins wants a new deal that means that Veach can turn that $19M into something even lower! Cap won't be an issue and have no impact on other things Veach wants to do! In my mind its Hopkins for MVS/JuJu and I 'm more than ok with that because of the fact Toney and Moore are moving up and CHEAP!

Makes to much sense not to happen!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:41 AM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
DHop isn't cheap though. Thielen would be though if that's an option.
DHop wouldn’t cost much. I’m not crazy about giving up picks if the goal is to develop his replacement. Thielen could be a great fit.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:43 AM 03-10-2023
I don’t think we’re in on this unless Brown Jr comes back. They will probably want to keep their picks for a potential trade up for LT assuming that they don’t find that option this month
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:44 AM 03-10-2023
It's hard to see them on this no matter what happens to OBJ. I mean like if they did it I would be all let's fuckin' go but not expecting it.
[Reply]
Balto 09:53 AM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don’t think we’re in on this unless Brown Jr comes back. They will probably want to keep their picks for a potential trade up for LT assuming that they don’t find that option this month
I don't see Veach moving up far enough to get one of the top 3 tackles because of the cost. I see more of a #31 to mid 20's kinda thing. Like what Veach did with last year with McDuffie.

Pats got:
#1.29
#3.94
#4.121

Chiefs got:
#1.21-McDuffie

So Veach could use our #31 plus a 3rd and 4th to get up into the mid 20's to get his tackle PLUS send out that late 2nd for Hopkins.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:54 AM 03-10-2023
My two cents... KC is in a nice position with Mahomes and he has the ability to make average WRs produce in that offense. I believe their success in the passing game will allow them to do really well without paying big $ for a 'star' WR as long as Kelce is there.

Kelce is 33 and 10 years in the league... no real signs of slowing down, but the window will start soon and KC needs to look 2-3 years down the road and prepare for life without him as the stud. At that point, if KC does not find the next great TE, then yeah they will need a stud WR.

I don't think they need to overpay for a WR right now, not sure I would be a fan of the getting OBJ or Hopkins unless the price were right. KC can find guys like MVS and JJS every year for a relative bargain. And, with Pacheco, he adds the dimension they've missed since moving on from Hunt.
[Reply]
Page 63 of 270
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Up