ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 37
« First < 232930313233 34353637 >
In Memoriam>(RIP) Nzoner
stevieray 07:26 AM 10-12-2022
Joe called me yesterday and asked to me post about what is going on.

If you haven't heard, he has been diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer.

Talk about a rock. Guy survives his heart attack, then loses his wife, and now this? It's incredible to me how strong he is...I mean, can you imagine?

They have given him a pain blocker that he says is working well, though he has trouble eating. He had a port installed for chemo.

He is in incredibly good spirits, even though he admitted to me he's tired, he wants to finish the race shining the Light of the Lord to others. He's at peace and I'm proud of how he has handled ALL of this with so much grace.

Please pray for mercy if you would be so kind. He didn't ask me to start this thread so people could feel sorry for him, he asked me because he wanted you all to know that the headstone finally was set in place, he just wasn't up to doing it ( in hospital today), and I don't blame him.

I'd like to thank everyone who donated to this cause. Joe is a special guy a and all those bashes made more than good times, they made lifelong friends. I'll forever be grateful to have known him & Kathy.

Be good to those you love.

-----

MOD EDIT: Here's a little more detail on Joe's new work:

Originally Posted by Nzoner:
God granted me seeing my 60th birthday yesterday and hopefully I'll have the opportunity to see some of you yet.

I also want to tell a little more about our new ministry and will do so.

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE.
-----

Originally Posted by cmh6476:
On March 12, 2023, Joey (Jammin’ Joe) Dale Tracy of Saint Joseph, MO passed away at the age of 60 in his home, surrounded by family.

Joe was born on December 26, 1962, in St. Joseph, MO to Larry and Sondra (Clark) Tracy. He graduated from Benton High School in 1981. On November 29, 1985, while working together at the Thrifty Nickel, he married Kathy Beth Russell. Joe and Kathy went on to own and operate the St. Joseph AD-Venture direct mail publication for 26 years and Pyro Joe’s Fireworks for 12 years.

Joe rededicated his life to his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in 2019. He and Kathy had daily prayer and bible study together.

Joe was passionate about many things in life – Jesus Christ, Music, Football, Fireworks, and good food. Many knew him as “Jammin’ Joe,” “NZoner” from ChiefsPlanet.com, or “Pyro Joe.”

Joe was preceded in death by his mother, Sondra, and wife, Kathy. He is survived by his father Larry, stepmother Patty, brother Kevin (Theresa), nephews Brad and Ian, nieces Shannon and Alyssa, several cousins, and two fur-babies Oscar & Sadie.

Farewell Services & Public Livestream will be held on Thursday, March 16th at 1:00 pm at the Grace Calvary Chapel – 5103 S. 50th St., St. Joseph, MO. Interment Mount Auburn Cemetery. The family will gather with friends 6:00 to 8:00 P.M. Wednesday, Meierhoffer Funeral Home & Crematory. In lieu of flowers, Joe requests donations to his recently established foundation L.O.S.S. (Loss of Spouse Sanctuary). The sanctuary will assist other widows and widowers along their grief journey. More information about L.O.S.S. can be found at LossOfSpouse.org. Donations may be made via the website. Online guest book and obituary at www.meierhoffer.com.

https://www.meierhoffer.com/obituari...#/obituaryInfo
Originally Posted by DaFace:
There's a recording up on the site in case anyone missed the live stream.

https://livestream.com/gracelivefeed...deos/235451586

The video he recorded that starts at about 44:30 is worth a watch if nothing else.

Attached: Joe & Kat.jpg (249.8 KB) joe & Kat 2.jpg (247.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:46 PM 03-13-2023
:-)
[Reply]
booger 06:59 AM 03-14-2023
Thanks for sharing the personal memories SR, Tiny and all others. Never met him but like many I followed the threads about all the get togethers and just them both hosting those events tells you they were definitely quality people.

What’s so impactful for me is his journey through life after his wife passed. He was able to realize he had a way to help others once he was gone with the very trying times they would go through and he did that while he was going through it. It’s really leading by example and walking the walk of leaving the world a better place. That’s just very remarkable in my view.

May he RIP and God Bless L.O.S.S. and its future helping people deal with life without their loved ones.

God Bless you all who are hurting right now
[Reply]
stevieray 07:21 AM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by booger:
Thanks for sharing the personal memories SR, Tiny and all others. Never met him but like many I followed the threads about all the get togethers and just them both hosting those events tells you they were definitely quality people.

What’s so impactful for me is his journey through life after his wife passed. He was able to realize he had a way to help others once he was gone with the very trying times they would go through and he did that while he was going through it. It’s really leading by example and walking the walk of leaving the world a better place. That’s just very remarkable in my view.

May he RIP and God Bless L.O.S.S. and its future helping people deal with life without their loved ones.

God Bless you all who are hurting right now

Years ago, Joe took me to see ZZ Top in Colombia.

He had one VIP pass. He said to me: Hey man I hope you don't mind if I use this and get up front? I'm like not at all. I'm just glad to be here.

You know what he did? Went up front for about 30 then came back and hung out with me for the rest of the show.

That was Joe.

AHAW HAW HAW
[Reply]
luv 07:31 AM 03-14-2023
Not the news I wanted to see getting on here this morning.

I talked more with Kathy at bashes, so I didn't get to know Joe as well. I never saw him once he found Christ. My memories of him are a bit more on the crazy side, so, out of respect, I won't go into detail. The one thing that was constant was his willingness to accept people into his home. Not just for the bash, but whenever people needed a place to stay (like whenever I had an early morning flight out of KC and didn't really want to pay for a hotel room or drive up from Springfield that early).

He is now with Kathy and his Savior. I'm glad he got to see his Chiefs win one more Super Bowl.

RIP, Nzoner.
[Reply]
booger 07:32 AM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by stevieray:

Years ago, Joe took me to see ZZ Top in Colombia.

He had one VIP pass. He said to me: Hey man I hope you don't mind if use this and get up front? I'm like not at all. I'm just glad to be here.

You know what he did? Went up front for about 30 then came back and hung out with me for the rest of the show.

That was Joe.

AHAW HAW HAW
That’s awesome :-)

Keep these stories flowing in the days that follow. That’s what he would want you all to remember! Take care brother!
[Reply]
luv 07:38 AM 03-14-2023
Also, I just now noticed the Lounge's name change. Love it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:49 AM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It can't be overstated how great of a person you must be to welcome 30+ internet degenerates to your place multiple times over the years. The effort and coordination, welcoming anyone who stopped by and spent a night, and an amazing wife who was just as welcoming and also put up with us.

He's a legend and pillar of this community, and I hope he truly knew how big of an impact his contributions had here and how appreciative we are to be part of his legacy.

RIP
Well said sir!
[Reply]
HayWire 07:58 AM 03-14-2023
Damn....just damn.

Go get em Joe.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 09:37 AM 03-14-2023
Damn. :-)

Far too young. RIP, Joe.
[Reply]
scho63 10:32 AM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by stevieray:
The bashes. Oh man. Legendary. Words can never describe it. People coming from across the country to hang with Joe. Any one who ever attended can attest to the feeling you had when you walked into that game room for the first time. My first time there he was worried that I would be mad because he had taken a pic my Delany painting(another thing that brought us together, we both had his jersey.) and had blown it up onto a banner. He was worried that it would bother me, when in fact it was nothing short of a compliment. That was Joe. I remember asking him about a month ago what was his favorite item in the game room, and he couldn't pick one. Easy to understand.

I love you, man.

RIP
Holy shit, that 5th picture is crazy. :-)

Talk about big crowd. Arrowhead had less attendees in the 70's. :-)
Attached: 124bash.jpg (59.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:01 AM 03-14-2023
Another memory of Joe. This is from the same trip to Vegas. Carlota's radio station hosted football Sunday at the LV Hilton showroom and she got us passes to the VIP section which included an open bar. Joe and I had the bartender, Aturo, making margaritas just the way we like them. Another picture is Joe taking a picture of me taking a picture of him.

Fun times...
Attached: Las_Vegas_Fall_'07_075.jpg (60.6 KB) HPIM0819.jpg (52.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:13 AM 03-14-2023
Nzoner loved music like no other. His collection was massive. I always think of him listening to blues rock, but one time he was jamming to a Blu-Ray to INXS. It changed the way I listened to INXS. Also when joe jammed he would dance and do air guitar. He was jammin joe for sure.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 11:54 AM 03-14-2023
Got my leave turned in at work and the trucked filled up, just have to finish packing and I'll be headed north at daybreak tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing everyone and celebrating one of the good ones.
[Reply]
luv 11:57 AM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Another memory of Joe. This is from the same trip to Vegas. Carlota's radio station hosted football Sunday at the LV Hilton showroom and she got us passes to the VIP section which included an open bar. Joe and I had the bartender, Aturo, making margaritas just the way we like them. Another picture is Joe taking a picture of me taking a picture of him.

Fun times...
When going to a bash, I always took whatever alcohol I wanted to share, plus a bottle of Patron Silver for the host. Joe and his margaritas!
[Reply]
007 11:58 AM 03-14-2023
I'd support the lounge name change as a permanent change.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 37
« First < 232930313233 34353637 >
Up