ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>This team can win the Super Bowl
rabblerouser 06:55 PM 11-22-2021
The offense doesn't have to be explosive like 2019 - with the defense playing like this, they just have to be efficient. Clean up the turnovers. Take the easy yards. Win the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:01 PM 11-22-2021
once we start really clicking Chris Meck will lead the way to the promise land!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:03 PM 11-22-2021
They have Patrick Mahomes - of course they can win the Super Bowl.

Give me even an average football team and Patrick Mahomes + a post-season berth and I'll take our odds over pretty much anyone else.

That's what was so stupid about the hot takes 5-6 weeks ago that were saying "The Chiefs can't win the Super Bowl..."

If the Chiefs are still alive for a playoff spot, they can win the Super Bowl. All they need to do is punch their ticket to the playoffs and as soon as that happens, they're as dangerous as any team in the mix.

Unless and until they're eliminated from the playoff hunt, they're Super Bowl contenders. Anyone that believes otherwise has simply forgotten what it was like to have superior teams lose to superior quarterbacks year after year after year in the playoffs.

We have the silver bullet. Quitting on this team before the stake is driven through their heart is just a mistake.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:04 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by Hamwallet:
That was a well thought out post, I really enjoyed.

Now piss off with your lollipops and unicorn farts. This is the NFL you limy bastard!

Just kidding, I agree. As I have said in the spagg’s thread. In the past 7-8 years we have been to back to back World Series and won one. Back to back Super Bowls and won one. Of course I expect this Chiefs team to perform at a high level, BUT, we are living a KC sports fan dream in this small stretch. Let’s not lose perspective gentleman.
Oh my God! what a reasonable sweetheart!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:06 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Problem is they aren't efficient. Out of 11 potential scoring drives KC only managed to score any points 4 times, 2 TDs and 2 FGs. That's just a 36.3% scoring rate.

That's just awful. Even last year with all the plodding performances they scored at about a 58% rate. that's a 22% drop-off.

And no team has ever won a SB scoring under 40%.

The defense is fixed, or fixed enough to win a SB. But the offense has to fix their shit asap.
I believe they're still #1 in the NFL and one of the best of all time at turning drives into 1st downs, no? Keep piling up 1st downs and over large numbers they'll score a shitload of points.

They're constantly moving the ball. They essentially NEVER go 3 and out. Keep doing that and everything else will take care of itself.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:32 PM 11-22-2021
And in a few weeks it’ll be “This team WILL win the sb”!!!!!
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 11:32 PM 11-22-2021
The number one offense in the NFL rolled into a Arrowhead and could not muster a single touchdown drive.

People hung up on the 19 points aren't grasping that Andy was coasting in the second half, utilizing far less aggressive plays, and just keeping the clock running. If Butker does his job we have 23 points, and if Kelce doesn't brickhand tip an INT, it's at least 26, assuming Butker does his job.

I thought the pooch kick was strange, I thought Butker could make that kick there, but Andy played it super safe not wanting to surrender good field position if there was a miss, even though the defense had a stranglehold on Dallas all game.

So easily could have been a 29 point performance on the low end.

The main concern for the offense right now is drops. If we have to go 8-13 plays now, you have to be consistent with the catches. We've had so many drives end simply due to drops. Nothing the defense did, just the fact that we couldn't catch the ****ing football, or worse we played volleyball with it for interceptions.

Cinch up on the fundamentals in the receiver room, and this team will be feared once again.

The fact that the Chiefs are getting so much experience in winning in all different ways is actually a good thing. It's not a situation now where if the offense stalls and fails to steamroll we have no chance. We can win smashmouth, we can win shootout, we can win in between. There's no situation now, that this team hasn't been in that would cause them to just go into the tank mentally.

That's a huge advantage over other teams we may see in the post season.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:38 PM 11-22-2021
Yeah, that's probably why the drops hurt now more than they used to.

The last couple of years - Drop a ball? Who gives a shit - 3rd and 10 may as well be 3rd and 2. Our own 30 could be the opponents 40 in the flick of a wrist.

3-4 plays later and boom, 6 points.

Now it just takes more precision and we're not getting that. 3rd and 10 is a hell of a lot harder than 3rd and 4 on this team. So we need to be sure to get that 3rd and 4. And A new set of downs at the 50 gives us 3 more plays to find that coverage breakdown or catch/run scenario where we keep things rolling.

There's just a necessary mindset shift that I don't think we've seen yet. They have to stay focused on every single play because they can't just leave conversions on the field expecting that Death Star quarter where they put up 21 without blinking anymore. Defenses just aren't going to give them that opportunity.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:41 PM 11-22-2021
It’s kind of funny to me that there is a sense from many here of well they “could” win it if things go their way. To me they are the favorites in the AFC and maybe a slight underdog or even to whoever comes out of the NFC. If things go their way with bounces or matchups they win playoff games comfortably. If not they will just have to grind games out but I trust them more then any of these other teams.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:52 PM 11-22-2021
Problem is they aren't efficient. Out of 11 potential scoring drives KC only managed to score any points 4 times, 2 TDs and 2 FGs. That's just a 36.3% scoring rate.

That's just awful. Even last year with all the plodding performances they scored at about a 58% rate. that's a 22% drop-off.

The defense is fixed, or fixed enough to win a SB. But the offense has to fix their shit asap.
My bad. Didn't mean to downvote you.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:26 AM 11-23-2021
We are on the rise of a dynasty every year we can win the Super Bowl doesn't mean we have to win every game. What separates Chiefs and late success in the year is coaching. I'd rather win games in January and February than September when they are getting shot figured out.

The gritty. Chiefs have a target everyone wants to beat the Chiefs. Teams are building their teams to face Patrick Mahomes II. The other teams are paid to win too so our coaching staff under Andy Reid leadership gives this team belief in themselves even when down 24 points in a game. Resilience and determination drive this team.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 02:45 AM 11-23-2021
Yeah we can win a Superbowl. Margin is thin because we aren't that deep on defense and we aren't that young. But we have as good a shot as anyone right now.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 06:30 AM 11-23-2021

I agree with your larger point but if we needed points on the last drive the whole thing probably ends differently but at the very least we were in fg range.

So that makes 5 out of 11 scoring drives which is 45% and kinda shits on your problem.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:21 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by bringbackmarty:
Yeah we can win a Superbowl. Margin is thin because we aren't that deep on defense and we aren't that young. But we have as good a shot as anyone right now.
That's really my point- who in the AFC is going to stop us? With Mahomes and the defense improving, we are as good as anyone in the AFC for sure. And the NFC isn't the immovable object some of the talking heads make those teams out to be - we saw that firsthand vs Dallas, and the Vikings straight up throttled GB. Both Tampa and the Rams have struggled a little recently too.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:50 AM 11-23-2021
The best thing you can have is a top 10 defense and an elite QB. Right now that’s pretty much what we have + Kelce and Hill.

We’ve also got the most experienced HOF coach in the entire conference.

There is not a single team in the AFC that worries me. They are all overrated and quite honestly we should be in the AFCCG at the least. That’s the bar for this team.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:51 AM 11-23-2021
Does this mean we no longer think Veach is a pile of shit?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up