ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 71
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How good are the Chiefs chances at the AFC's #1 seed?
MMXcalibur 07:21 PM 11-21-2021
Updated: 12/19

Teams that actually matter in this conversation:

Kansas City (10-4) (vs PIT, at CIN, at DEN)

New England (9-5) (vs BUF, vs JAC, at MIA)

Tennessee (9-5) (vs SF, vs MIA, at HOU)

Baltimore (8-5) (vs GB, at CIN, vs LAR, vs PIT)

Buffalo (8-6) (at NE, vs ATL, vs NYJ)

Indianapolis (8-6) (at ARI, vs LV, at JAC)

LA Chargers (8-6) (at HOU, vs DEN, at LV)

---

Being 1 game back with six games to play seems incredibly generous given our shitty tiebreaker situation. I'll put our odds at 99.9999999%
[Reply]
arrwheader 12:49 PM 12-08-2021
Bills beat NE next go around assuming NE has to pass in that game.

Chiefs win out its theirs, that's not so simple though. If they get past the Chargers then I have pretty great faith we beat Cinc, Pitt at home, Denver

Sent from my SM-F711U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:52 PM 12-08-2021
The Patriots will lose 2 to 3 more times. Jfc people...
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:54 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's the difference between Indy and some other run-first teams. I think Wentz CAN beat them.

The problem is his pass-catchers. Hilton's a corpse at this point and Pittman's banged up. They just don't have many weapons for him. Doyle and Pascal just don't bring much to the table. Parris Campbell is hurt and I'm not convinced he's worth a shit anyway.
Wentz CAN beat them. He CAN also lose to the Jags.

He's just not that good on a game-to-game basis.
[Reply]
nychief 01:03 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
The Patriots will lose 2 to 3 more times. Jfc people...
we have to finish with a better record, as we won't have a better conference record.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:10 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Whatever. You are not beating pats defense this year unless you have a stud QB that can. Tua is not and will get exposed.
The Dolphins literally beat them week 1 of this season.. with Tua.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:10 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by GoForIt:
Patriots will not lose again. D and run game are just too dominant right now with the weather turning.
Yea, the weather conditions at Lucas Oil stadium are well known for being brutal...
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 02:15 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Who do you have them losing to?
Bills should lose to the Bucs, and I can see them losing to the Patriots again.

I have the Ravens losing 4 of their last 5. Their schedule is brutal.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:51 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
That's gonna leave a mark...
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 05:24 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Tua was outplayed by Mac Jones in week 1 despite Patriots losing 17-16. What cost the Patriots that game was 4 fumbles of which they lost 2.

Both teams have improved since then but Tua was contained in that game and Patriots defense has gotten better. Not saying Dolphins can't win but even though Tua has played well this year, I don't expect him to do that great against this Patriots defense if the game is meaningful to New England.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:56 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
Bills beat NE next go around assuming NE has to pass in that game.

Chiefs win out its theirs, that's not so simple though. If they get past the Chargers then I have pretty great faith we beat Cinc, Pitt at home, Denver

Sent from my SM-F711U1 using Tapatalk
Even the Chiefs winning out only makes it a coin flip at this point. We'll need the Pats, Titans, and Ravens to all drop one (and the Pats only have four to play).
[Reply]
DaFace 05:59 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There's things the "math" doesn't take into account. Like the fact that the Patriots have a rookie QB who has never taken a snap in the NFL playoffs.
I'm late to the party, but I think you're ignoring that getting the bye (which the Pats are likely to do) roughly doubles your chances of winning the Super Bowl. That's why all the models have them so far ahead.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 06:02 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Even the Chiefs winning out only makes it a coin flip at this point. We'll need the Pats to drop two (and they only have four to play) and the Titans to drop one.
?

If we win out NE only has to lose one.
[Reply]
wachashi 06:07 PM 12-08-2021
Covid makes these prediction models less reliable than they typically are. It could get very chaotic once these games with huge playoff implications are impacted by positive cases.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:08 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
?

If we win out NE only has to lose one.
Yeah, you're correct. Clicked the wrong button.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:10 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Obviously I prefer the Chargers miss them of the three, but man I'd love to hear the media's excuses for Lamar and Ravens
It’s gonna be injuries, and rightfully so. They’re decimated, and have had enormous amounts of luck to get to their current record. If their team had only half the injuries they currently do, they may still be clinging to the one seed.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 71
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Up