ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 71
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How good are the Chiefs chances at the AFC's #1 seed?
MMXcalibur 07:21 PM 11-21-2021
Updated: 12/19

Teams that actually matter in this conversation:

Kansas City (10-4) (vs PIT, at CIN, at DEN)

New England (9-5) (vs BUF, vs JAC, at MIA)

Tennessee (9-5) (vs SF, vs MIA, at HOU)

Baltimore (8-5) (vs GB, at CIN, vs LAR, vs PIT)

Buffalo (8-6) (at NE, vs ATL, vs NYJ)

Indianapolis (8-6) (at ARI, vs LV, at JAC)

LA Chargers (8-6) (at HOU, vs DEN, at LV)

---

Being 1 game back with six games to play seems incredibly generous given our shitty tiebreaker situation. I'll put our odds at 99.9999999%
[Reply]
O.city 10:07 AM 12-08-2021
"Run the ball and play defense" ..

Blech.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:12 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
And Buffalo the second time they play. I fully expected them and Buffalo to split their games.
Very possible.

They are evenly matched, that's why I bet the under even though I liked the Patriots slightly more last game because of the conditions.

Buffalo could have had one of Allen's screwball passes get caught in the end. Buffalo guys were open.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:19 AM 12-08-2021
That Dolphins defense is going to give him fits. They're talented and well-coached, by a former Patriot no less.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:28 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by wachashi:
The pure math systems really like the Patriots as well. DVOA has NE as the #11 offense, the #2 defense, and the #4 special teams, good for #2 overall on the year.

Looking at the last 10 games, the Patriots are far and away the best team using DVOA.

Not saying I agree that's the case in reality, but the numbers like the Pats, especially right now.
They've been shit kicking pretty much everyone they play for the last two months so that makes sense.

The rookie QB will likely limit them from making it to the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:28 AM 12-08-2021
The pure math systems really like the Patriots as well. DVOA has NE as the #11 offense, the #2 defense, and the #4 special teams, good for #2 overall on the year.

Looking at the last 10 games, the Patriots are far and away the best team using DVOA.

Not saying I agree that's the case in reality, but the numbers like the Pats, especially right now.
Yeah, I mean, it's hard to argue w/ a 150 pt point differential. The Patriots are kicking ass right now.

Now I think a BIG part of that is a soft schedule, but the numbers are what the numbers are.

And looking at Buffalo's slate, as well as some of the tie-breaker scenarios, there's a WAY better chance that they miss the playoffs outright than there is that they get the 1 seed, IMO. They're in a world of trouble here. They need to win 4 of 5 w/ the Colts having the tie-breaker over them. I don't think 10-7 gets them in - I think they'll need 11.

I just don't see them doing that with the way their schedule sets up.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:32 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That Dolphins defense is going to give him fits. They're talented and well-coached, by a former Patriot no less.
Whatever. You are not beating pats defense this year unless you have a stud QB that can. Tua is not and will get exposed.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:34 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Whatever. You are not beating pats defense this year unless you have a stud QB that can. Tua is not and will get exposed.
I didn't say the Dolphins will win, you should really try reading instead of shitposting.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:35 AM 12-08-2021
And I'm absolutely shocked, just shocked, I tell you, that Red Dawg loves this Patriots team.

Chode.
[Reply]
loochy 10:41 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
No he won't. He never has. The two times KC lost to NE in the Mahomes era was because the KC defense played like garbage. Belichick has never been able to shut down Mahomes for an entire game.

Right, but now he doesn't have to shut down Mahomes. Nowdays, either Mahomes' receivers shut him down or Mahomes shuts himself down.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:44 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
Right, but now he doesn't have to shut down Mahomes. Nowdays, either Mahomes' receivers shut him down or Mahomes shuts himself down.
True. But KC also doesn't have a BIG 12 caliber defense either this year.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:48 AM 12-08-2021
Let's worry about the Pats if/when we get to them. A lot can change in that amount of time.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:01 AM 12-08-2021
UPDATE the OP, mods or OP!!
[Reply]
crispystl 11:03 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Ravens are gonna miss the playoffs.
Oh my god I hadn't considered this, but that would be the best thing ever.
[Reply]
crispystl 11:09 AM 12-08-2021

That's okay because the football gods like PATRICK!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:14 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Oh my god I hadn't considered this, but that would be the best thing ever.
Hell the Chargers and Titans might, too.

Would be sweeter than pie!
[Reply]
Page 27 of 71
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up