ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 79
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Growing list of vaccine mandates
RodeoPants2 02:33 PM 08-11-2021
The list of vaccine mandates are growing, which is outstanding. Vaccines are the way we beat this bug, and I love that there is a growing list companies requiring the vax for their customers, and companies & government are requiring the vax for their employees.

I'm sure this is a partial list, so far the vax is mandated for:
Employees at: Disney, walmart, facebook, google, spirit airlines, united airlines, cicso, doordash

For teachers in CA (fuck the teacher's unions who opposed this)

State workers in OR, WA

All members of the armed forces.

There are also numerous businesses (including several cruise lines) requiring their customers & staff be vaccinated, and you can actually search in Yelp specifically for that.

Bring 'em on. As the delta variant rises, we beat this bug with vaccines. Selfish idiots not willing to do their part can stay home.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:21 AM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
70% of adults are vaxxed and pissed at the selfish 30%
Why? They’re vaccinated and have no worries.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:24 AM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Obviously, the antivaxers getting sick and clogging up the health care system, extending the pandemic restrictions
Ok. Now say Mu, or another variant doesn’t take to the vaccine. Then take the next one they roll out, and so on, and so on? That how you wanna love your life?
[Reply]
Aries Walker 06:47 AM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Yeah, they had 7.7% excess mortality in 2020, compared to 1.5% in Denmark, 1.0% in Finland, and 0% in Norway.

Scandinavia as a whole fared a lot better than most of Europe did, which makes me think that there are cultural or environmental factors, such as having a young population with relatively few old people, or better fitness or diet.

Meanwhile, Sweden has had 142 Covid deaths per 100,000 population overall, compared to Denmark's 44, Finland's 18, and Norway's 15.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

I mean, they haven't done *horribly*, they just could have done much better. They're not the anti-lockdown knockout punch you may be hoping for.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 06:49 AM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
70% of adults are vaxxed and pissed at the selfish 30%
Yeah, damn black community not getting vaxxed!!!!!

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:55 AM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by Aries Walker:
Yeah, they had 7.7% excess mortality in 2020, compared to 1.5% in Denmark, 1.0% in Finland, and 0% in Norway.

Scandinavia as a whole fared a lot better than most of Europe did, which makes me think that there are cultural or environmental factors, such as having a young population with relatively few old people, or better fitness or diet.

Meanwhile, Sweden has had 142 Covid deaths per 100,000 population overall, compared to Denmark's 44, Finland's 18, and Norway's 15.

I mean, they haven't done *horribly*, they just could have done much better. They're not the anti-lockdown knockout punch you may be hoping for.
Why aren't 90,000 dead as predicted by the lock downers?

500 excess death over 2 years isn't good enough?

They needed to resurrect old people from 3 years ago to meet your goal?!

You sound really stupid.

And we've gone over this 1000 times. The China lock downers like yourself just cherry picked who the "neighbors" for Sweden should be to advance your idiotic lock down religion.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 09:30 AM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Why aren't 90,000 dead as predicted by the lock downers?

500 excess death over 2 years isn't good enough?

They needed to resurrect old people from 3 years ago to meet your goal?!

You sound really stupid.

And we've gone over this 1000 times. The China lock downers like yourself just cherry picked who the "neighbors" for Sweden should be to advance your idiotic lock down religion.
They did fine, but you seem to be insisting that they did so well because of their policies. The evidence shows that all of Scandinavia did really well, regardless of their policies, suggesting that the difference is something (or things) that all four have in common.

Sweden, though, did the worst by far of all four, so why are you holding them up as an example of policy? Why not say that we should have handled the virus the way, say, Norway did?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:49 AM 09-10-2021
They did fine, but you seem to be insisting that they did so well because of their policies. The evidence shows that all of Scandinavia did really well, regardless of their policies, suggesting that the difference is something (or things) that all four have in common.

Sweden, though, did the worst by far of all four, so why are you holding them up as an example of policy? Why not say that we should have handled the virus the way, say, Norway did?
All of Scandinavia had more open policies than Italy or France.

Why did you not mention that?

Oh, it's because you're just regurgitating shit you got from CNN.

And worse? Based on what?

Sweden had more old people that survived an extra year. So for that, sure, they are "worse". If only their old people had died the year before you could congratulate them.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:58 AM 09-10-2021

Sweden also stayed open at the beginning, before we'd gotten a handle on how to treat the virus. But, despite that, their numbers are only problematic for those who want to deliberately downplay the success. It's pathetic on the part of such people, but not at all unexpected.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 10:32 AM 09-10-2021

They also stayed open and suffered for less of the consequences of lockdowns (economic, mental health, social health, natural immunity).

The bolded should tell you a lot about how naďve you are being.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 11:21 AM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
They also stayed open and suffered for less of the consequences of lockdowns (economic, mental health, social health, natural immunity).

The bolded should tell you a lot about how naďve you are being.
No, they did not. Norway, Finland, and Denmark instituted relatively strict lockdowns and restrictions and had much better numbers to show for it. I don't know where you guys are getting your ideas.

I don't know that sourcing will help any, but ...

Originally Posted by :
More than 5,500 people have died with Covid-19 in this country of just 10 million. It is one of the highest death rates relative to population size in Europe, and by far the worst among the Nordic nations. Unlike Sweden, the rest all chose to lock down early in the pandemic.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53498133

Originally Posted by :
Countries that locked down early and/or used extensive test and tracing—including Denmark, Finland, Norway, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam and New Zealand—saved lives and limited damage to their economies. Countries that locked down late, came out of lock down too early, did not effectively test and quarantine, or only used a partial lockdown—including Brazil, Mexico, Netherlands, Peru, Spain, Sweden, the U.S. and the U.K.—have almost uniformly done worse in rates of infection and death.
https://time.com/5899432/sweden-coronovirus-disaster/

But now this is just taking up all of our days, so I'll leave it at that.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 11:23 AM 09-10-2021
This is pretty important, but I don't have a membership to the Telegraph:

Teenage boys are six times more likely to suffer from heart problems from the vaccine than be hospitalised from Covid-19, a major study has found

— The_Real_Fly (@The_Real_Fly) September 10, 2021

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:23 AM 09-10-2021
No, they did not. Norway, Finland, and Denmark instituted relatively strict lockdowns and restrictions and had much better numbers to show for it. I don't know where you guys are getting your ideas.

I don't know that sourcing will help any, but ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53498133

https://time.com/5899432/sweden-coronovirus-disaster/

But now this is just taking up all of our days, so I'll leave it at that.
The data is clear. Countries that followed your Chinese medicine had higher excess death.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 11:36 AM 09-10-2021
Israel booster data:

ISRAELI COVID DATA — BOOSTERS BOOST RESULTS pic.twitter.com/gh33M89v0o

— The_Real_Fly (@The_Real_Fly) September 10, 2021

[Reply]
Eleazar 11:50 AM 09-10-2021
At the very beginning, there was a period where Sweden hadn’t implemented certain restrictions like closing schools and their case numbers were lower, primarily because people were staying home and being cautious on their own. But the meme that Sweden did nothing and didn’t have a pandemic as a result has persisted to this day.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:05 PM 09-10-2021

[Reply]
Page 29 of 79
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Up