ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>Ted Lasso is a good show
BWillie 10:26 AM 09-04-2020
It's on Apple TV so that is kind of a pain in the ass. I always give a watch to the guys who grew up around here (Sudekis, Rudd, Cheadle etc)

A feel good show that is better than I thought, albeit a little corny.

Story: Likable and optimistic D2 football coach gets hired to coach Premier soccer team in England.

[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 01:57 PM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
That was probably the best thing about this season. Love that part. Hopefully more soccer in the next season, never thought I'd say that. Less folksy kid stuff, even though I know that is kind of what the show is all about but they can tone it done a little bit.
This show will always be more about 'relationships' than 'the game'.
[Reply]
MagicHef 03:02 PM 10-15-2021
Is Nate now the only non-Mary Sue character?
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:14 PM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
Spoiler!
Love the Sam
Spoiler!
I hope Ted gets with
Spoiler!

I know I might be late to this realization but this blew my mind:
Shame!
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 03:57 AM 10-16-2021
Trent Crimm will get Keely’s old job or some press related job with the club.
Nate will be a complete failure as head coach and realize just how good at his job Ted really is.
I’m sure the show will end with Richmond winning the premier league similar to Leicester a few years back.
Ted will return home to the states to be closer to his kid as the coach of sporting KC.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:41 AM 12-10-2021
Saw this shirt a few days ago:

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:46 AM 12-10-2021
Wait - the owner is only 47? Yeesh - she appears to have been ridden hard.

I'd have put her mid-50s.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:31 PM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Saw this shirt a few days ago:

:-) Love a good venn diagram.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:35 PM 12-10-2021

Hey DJ, you know how I know we're getting old (I say we because I think we're the same age)?

Because you said ONLY 47.

Seems not that long ago 30 seemed old. All that being said, I agree, but I'd still give her a ride around the arena.

[Reply]
BWillie 07:59 PM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Hey DJ, you know how I know we're getting old (I say we because I think we're the same age)?

Because you said ONLY 47.

Seems not that long ago 30 seemed old. All that being said, I agree, but I'd still give her a ride around the arena.

She is a massive massive woman who doesn't have an ounce of fat on her.
[Reply]
DCTwister 07:46 AM 05-06-2023
I was just watching S3 latest episode - 8. Am I the only person that noticed that when Nate hooked up with Jade, the chick from the restaurant that she went to go pee and Nate hears her peeing like a man? So now she’s a transgender?
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 08:24 AM 05-06-2023
Originally Posted by DCTwister:
I was just watching S3 latest episode - 8. Am I the only person that noticed that when Nate hooked up with Jade, the chick from the restaurant that she went to go pee and Nate hears her peeing like a man? So now she’s a transgender?
I think that is a leap. Water makes noise whether it falls from a two ft. distance or a 1 ft. distance. Women do make noise when they tinkle.

I thought the point of the scene was to demonstrate how uptight Nate is, awaking earlier than his guest and using a different bathroom in the house to clean up and brush teeth, etc, so that he would be 'perfect' when she woke up. Where-as she is not that uptight.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:02 AM 05-06-2023
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
I tried really hard to get into it based on all the hype and several people telling me how great it is...made it through 8 episodes of the first season and just couldn't keep myself interested.
I think I watched four episodes before I game it up. One of my best friends, who generally hates everything, was raving about it so I gave it a shot. And while I didn't hate it or anything, it just didn't hold my interest. At the end of the day, it's Ned Flanders coaching soccer in England. Yawn.
[Reply]
scho63 02:39 PM 05-06-2023
Another show I have never watched but everyone raves about.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:05 PM 05-06-2023
Hope it ends well this season, but there's been a noticeable dip in quality this season other than the Amsterdam episode (which was great). I think they just ended up trying to do too much with too many different characters.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:04 PM 05-06-2023

you get tortured by the mountain and see how youthful you appear to be.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up