ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 70
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek Picard
Frazod 11:27 AM 06-20-2018
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star-...in-development

Star Trek: The Next Generation Reboot With Patrick Stewart Reportedly in Development

Rumors of the Picard-centric reboot come amid Alex Kurtzman extending his CBS contract for a planned expansion of the Star Trek TV universe.

According to a THR article, there are unconfirmed rumors that CBS TV Studios is developing a Star Trek reboot starring Patrick Stewart in which he would reprise his The Next Generation role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard. According to THR's sources, Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman are attached to the potential reboot. Not only is this an unconfirmed project, but THR's sources also say that the deal is far from complete and might not happen. Still, this would be huge news for Star Trek fandom—however you might feel about a Picard-centric reboot.

The rumors of the Picard reboot come amidst Kurtzman renewing his overall deal with CBS Television Studios, extending his contract by five years. This will keep him in partnership with the studio through 2023, for a reported $5 million per year.

Kurtzman was recently made sole showrunner of Star Trek: Discovery following the dismissal of previous co-showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg who left amidst reports of bullying behavior in the writers room. Goldsman, who served as an executive producer on Season 1 of Discovery, also left the show, reportedly due to a clash with the writing staff in terms of management style and personality, so it's interesting that he is still attached to the potential Picard-centric reboot.

In addition to his work on Star Trek: Discovery, Kurtzman's extended deal with CBS Television Studios will include an expansion of the Star Trek franchise on the small screen, including the development of new series, miniseries, and other content, including animation.

While this generally seems like good news for the Star Trek universe, it may also be disappointing, depending on what kind of Star Trek fan you are. While the move represents a reinvestment in the Star Trek TV universe, Kurtzman is not known for critical success. Previously, he has co-written the scripts for Transformers, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. More recently, he directed and co-wrote The Mummy. Not exactly the kind of nuanced science fiction writing Star Trek has, at its best, historically represented.

More news on the expanded Star Trek TV universe as we hear it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:53 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Oh lighten up Francis. She's in the episode from the beginning and is instantly recognizable. It's not like I said what she does.
YOU RUINED THE REVEAL OF ONE OF GENE RODDENBERRY'S GREATEST CHARACTERS
[Reply]
Chieficus 01:13 PM 03-16-2023
This show is golden.

The crap of seasons 1&2 wasted what could have been an awesome 3-year run. I don't want this season to end.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:27 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Chieficus:
This show is golden.

The crap of seasons 1&2 wasted what could have been an awesome 3-year run. I don't want this season to end.
Much like Next Generation itself, this show took until season 3 to get really good.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:29 PM 03-16-2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:32 PM 03-16-2023
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Fish 10:40 PM 03-16-2023
Gotta agree with everybody that this is the most exciting Star Trek is a long time. Actually feels fresh. Picard is like 238 years old, but somehow still nailing it. Beverly looks like a failed Borg attempted upgrade, but whatever. Worf has been fucking grin-inducing awesome almost every scene. Riker has been awesome, and is just needing one awkward reverse chair sit down to perfect himself. Ro Laren!

FYI.. if you do not have Whatever+ that's needed to watch this, I've had very good luck with this streaming website. Legit, but NSFW's to prevent CP from being linked to the site.

EDIT: http$ : //uflix*cc/

NSFW won't let me post a link. Figure it out.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:44 PM 03-16-2023
yeah, picard's angry old man speech to ro laren was just...classic picard

we saw that almost every episode for seven seasons :-)

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:46 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
Riker has been awesome, and is just needing one awkward reverse chair sit down to perfect himself.
oh god...i didn't realize how much my soul needed this until now

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Fish 11:01 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 05:25 AM 03-17-2023
Michelle Forbes gave us one of the best guest star performances in Trek history. While I liked Nana Visitor as Kira in DS9, I'll always wonder what that show would have been like had Forbes taken the role of the Bajoran second in command, which was originally written for her. Like Kirstie Alley's Saavik being the traitor in Star Trek VI, it will always be a what if? that could have made a great show even better.

Between her roles as Ro Laren and Helena Cain in Battlestar Galactica, Forbes has definitely cemented herself as the queen of sci-fi guest stars.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:59 AM 03-17-2023
Agree with others, that may be the best episode since Deep Space Nine. This is turning into the best Star Trek ever put on TV. Spending the necessary money on the CGI. Fan Service. Nicely cut and paced action. Need to insert the Kelce "More, More, More" meme....
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:54 AM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Agree with others, that may be the best episode since Deep Space Nine. This is turning into the best Star Trek ever put on TV. Spending the necessary money on the CGI. Fan Service. Nicely cut and paced action. Need to insert the Kelce "More, More, More" meme....
I'm probably in the minority here, but I still prefer the way the ships looked 20 years ago.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:27 AM 03-17-2023
I'm probably in the minority here, but I still prefer the way the ships looked 20 years ago.
Yeah, the bridges are too shiny or something, and it seems the VFX are leaning a bit on the JJ lens flare thing, or something to make them extra bright. I will say the Titan has grown on me.

And did anyone else notice that when the Intrepid showed up it seemed to have both forward and rear facing deflector arrays?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:44 AM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yeah, the bridges are too shiny or something, and it seems the VFX are leaning a bit on the JJ lens flare thing, or something to make them extra bright. I will say the Titan has grown on me.

And did anyone else notice that when the Intrepid showed up it seemed to have both forward and rear facing deflector arrays?
I don't mind the bridge designs at all.

The exteriors just don't look as real as models.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:16 PM 03-17-2023

Spoiler!
Lore
[Reply]
Page 52 of 70
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662 > Last »
Up