ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Chiefs got lucky to win Super Bowls
BWillie 01:18 PM 04-17-2024
Get out your pitchforks boys, you ain't gonna like this. It's actually good arguments. We probably got lucky last year, unlucky in the losses to Brady because that motherfucker is the luckiest person alive.

[Reply]
New World Order 01:24 PM 04-17-2024
I hope we get lucky 4 more times
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:25 PM 04-17-2024
Not even going to watch this clickbait. I watched the actual games. The Chiefs won because of undisputed greatness.
[Reply]
Molitoth 01:26 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by :
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”
Hi
[Reply]
staylor26 01:27 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Hi
Exactly. Considering we've had to dominate the AFC almost every year to get those opportunities, it's not luck.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:27 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Not even going to watch this clickbait. I watched the actual games. The Chiefs won because of undisputed greatness.
And the mafia.
And Taylor Swift.
And cute puppies.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:27 PM 04-17-2024
Every team that wins a Super Bowl has luck...I hate even bringing it up.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:28 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Every team that wins a Super Bowl has luck...I hate even bringing it up.
OP just wants some attention.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:29 PM 04-17-2024
Maybe we were the best and were also fortunate. Handing Mahomes the ball at the end of the game wasn't luck, though but we still needed some good fortune and we got it.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:30 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
OP just wants some attention.
No I just found the video fascinating. Sports aren't supreme destiny. It's also possible if we were as lucky as TOM BRADY we would have five super bowls and not three. Or if we were extremely unlucky maybe only 1.
[Reply]
PHOG 01:31 PM 04-17-2024
I'll take this kind of luck any day.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:31 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
No I just found the video fascinating. Sports aren't supreme destiny. It's also possible if we were as lucky as TOM BRADY we would have five super bowls and not three. Or if we were extremely unlucky maybe only 1.
Congratulations on discovering that there is some luck involved in winning championships.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:32 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Get out your pitchforks boys, you ain't gonna like this. It's actually good arguments. We probably got lucky last year, unlucky in the losses to Brady because that motherfucker is the luckiest person alive.

Sure they did - a little. I mean the 49ers were lucky to even BE there, but let's not quibble...

Greenlaw's injury saved our asses. And Grapes missed an easy throw in the first SB that could've changed everything.

But man, that Eagles SB was two teams playing at an extremely high level. I'm just not sure I can find any 'luck' in there at all.

Moreover, there's not been a team in NFL history that didn't need a good break here or there to win a championship. That's how damn hard these things are to win. Maybe some of those early Cowboys teams that were molly-whopping the Bills didn't need any luck. But even then, they had some tight squeezes to get there in the playoffs.

It's just a truism, really.

And in the end, you can distinguish luck from skill by it's duration. 3 SB titles in 5 years ain't luck. Unless you call the Bengals being dumb enough to take John Ross when they needed a QB and the Bills being dumb enough to trade us pick 10 when they ALSO needed on 'luck'.

In which case - sure. Fine. Whatever. The Cowboys were lucky the Vikings are stupid. The Patriots are lucky they got a GOAT QB in the 5th round (who didn't need much salary cap space because his wife was a billionaire). The 49ers are lucky we took Steve Fuller instead of Joe Montana.

So in short - who really gives a fuck?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:33 PM 04-17-2024
Luck is a part of life but you got to take advantage of it. Most teams and people don't, Chiefs do.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:34 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Congratulations on discovering that there is some luck involved in winning championships.
I've always believed this but fans tend to think there is almost no luck in sports.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Up