ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '24/'25 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 03:08 PM 03-23-2024
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:12 AM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
he gives me downvotes all the time and neg rep. Don’t even know the guy.
Yeah, me too but you could argue my posts deserve it quite often. I just want to know what was so offensive about that one.
[Reply]
InvinciBill 10:26 AM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
InvinciBill, why did you give this one a down vote? :-)
Did not enjoy the post.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:34 AM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by InvinciBill:
Did not enjoy the post.
Fair.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:47 PM 04-17-2024
Furphy is leaving
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:46 AM 04-18-2024
AJ Storr
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:47 AM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
AJ Storr
He'll (also) start for sure.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:57 AM 04-18-2024
Finish the deal with Rylan Griffen and we are so fucking back
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:52 PM 04-18-2024
Keeping up the downvote tradition. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:15 PM 04-18-2024
Welcome kid who's coming to his 7th school in 7 years, please don't suck for the 5 months you're in Lawrence before moving onto your next dream $chool.

:-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:44 PM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Welcome kid who's coming to his 7th school in 7 years, please don't suck for the 5 months you're in Lawrence before moving onto your next dream $chool.

:-)
If he wants to come score another 18 points a game, I don’t care what he does after this year.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:33 PM 04-18-2024
If he wants to come score another 18 points a game, I don’t care what he does after this year.
I saw a few comments from Wisconsin fans along the lines of "live by the Storr and die by the Storr," because he's pretty much all about himself... and maybe that's just being on Wisconsin, but they were mentioning his <1 assist per game and how he'll lose games for you before passing the ball.

It'll be interesting to see what Self does for him in that regard.

And I'm under no delusion that money wasn't a primary factor for players before NIL, but the old fart in me doesn't love the idea of all the roster turnover and guys in new systems every year and so forth. And it's similar to some of the one and dones of the past... they don't give a shit if they win a NC for KU or not and you throw out all of the experience of playing in a system with the same coach and players around you for one shot at something (obviously if they do, then yay... just seems like a losing battle in that regard).
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:59 PM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I saw a few comments from Wisconsin fans along the lines of "live by the Storr and die by the Storr," because he's pretty much all about himself... and maybe that's just being on Wisconsin, but they were mentioning his <1 assist per game and how he'll lose games for you before passing the ball.

It'll be interesting to see what Self does for him in that regard.

And I'm under no delusion that money wasn't a primary factor for players before NIL, but the old fart in me doesn't love the idea of all the roster turnover and guys in new systems every year and so forth. And it's similar to some of the one and dones of the past... they don't give a shit if they win a NC for KU or not and you throw out all of the experience of playing in a system with the same coach and players around you for one shot at something (obviously if they do, then yay... just seems like a losing battle in that regard).
Some of my favorite KU players were guys who waited their turn and developed in the program to become stars: T Rob, Frank Mason, Devonte Graham, Ochai Agbaji come to mind.

Sadly, I don’t see any of those guys (except maybe Agbaji because he’s a Kansas kid) sticking around in today’s game.

They’d all be recruited over through the portal and probably leave after a year of not getting enough playing time.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:28 PM 04-18-2024
Some of my favorite KU players were guys who waited their turn and developed in the program to become stars: T Rob, Frank Mason, Devonte Graham, Ochai Agbaji come to mind.

Sadly, I don’t see any of those guys (except maybe Agbaji because he’s a Kansas kid) sticking around in today’s game.

They’d all be recruited over through the portal and probably leave after a year of not getting enough playing time.
Yeah, and I guess we'll see how it works out in the long run... the benefit is you're getting more guys who aren't fresh out of high school (and then bolt) and already have some college experience.

But yeah, you think way back to where that 2008 team started, or the guys you mentioned... it's special to watch over the course of a few years while maybe plugging in a one-and-done guy; not (so far) the other way around.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:42 PM 04-18-2024
Storr is a frustrating player. He takes alot of bad shots but he's a talented one. We desperately need a player like him to be able to score without being assisted. He also does a good job at drawing fouls. He should see much less usage at Kansas and Self will have him ready to be his best self.
[Reply]
Ceej 04:43 AM 04-19-2024
The difference between UW Storr and KU Storr is that he's not going to be expected to be the leading scorer. He's not going to have to do all of the work.

Also sounds like the #1 PG in the 2025 class will be on campus this weekend too.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up