ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 219
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread****
duncan_idaho 09:14 AM 07-03-2023
Year 4 of the Drinkwitz era, let's discuss.

Schedule
Recruiting Class
Rivals
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:56 AM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Average is pushing it. I'd put him below average.
He was playing behind a dogshit OL with a RB who was from Truman St. getting consistent playing time.

Yes, he had help at WR, but he can’t make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

I do think the supporting cast is an indictment on Drink.

Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I don't think he really looked good before the torn labrum,but the line and running game could stand to be better.

Who knows maybe this new OC is a QB whisperer and can get 2010 Matt Cassel out of him :-)
I’m not saying he’s going to be Joe Burrow on his A game at LSU (far from it), but there’s no reason not to think that he can be similar to other college QBs that are athletically limited but make good decisions and don’t fuck up.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:06 AM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
He was playing behind a dogshit OL with a RB who was from Truman St. getting consistent playing time.

I’m not saying he’s going to be Joe Burrow on his A game at LSU (far from it), but there’s no reason not to think that he can be similar to other college QBs that are athletically limited but make good decisions and don’t fuck up.
Hey, it got Greg McElroy drafted...

I just wonder if college football still allows for that sort of player to have much success. Even Alabama isn't dragging guys like that along for the ride anymore (though I guess Georgia pretty much has for 2 seasons now).
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:10 AM 08-15-2023
Gabe DeArmond thinks we're gonna snipe Dre Kirkpatrick Jr away from Alabama now?

C'mon, Gabe - that seems ambitious...

This is a kid who grew up in Alabama. Who's pop was a legend at Alabama.

Then again, he's not THAT good a prospect by most services so maybe this is a strict playing time thing.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:53 AM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Hey, it got Greg McElroy drafted...

I just wonder if college football still allows for that sort of player to have much success. Even Alabama isn't dragging guys like that along for the ride anymore (though I guess Georgia pretty much has for 2 seasons now).
Stetson Bennett is as athletically limited, if not moreso, than all of Saban’s QBs at Alabama prior to Hurts.

I don’t think Bennett will amount to much in the NFL, and while he didn’t put up crazy numbers or anything at Georgia, he did exactly what Smart/Monken wanted him to do and earned the right to be a Heisman finalist despite what some people might think.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:56 AM 08-15-2023
Stetson Bennett is as athletically limited, if not moreso, than all of Saban’s QBs at Alabama prior to Hurts.

I don’t think Bennett will amount to much in the NFL, and while he didn’t put up crazy numbers or anything at Georgia, he did exactly what Smart/Monken wanted him to do.
Bennett is freakin' terrible.

Oftentimes he was out there trying to play hero ball WHILE being limited. Put him under center for Mizzou last season and they win 4 games.

He was the worst of all worlds but because he'd pull a drive out of his ass after shooting himself in the foot for 3 quarters, he got a 'gamer' tag. He stinks.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:05 AM 08-15-2023

I’m not saying he’s going to be Joe Burrow on his A game at LSU (far from it), but there’s no reason not to think that he can be similar to other college QBs that are athletically limited but make good decisions and don’t **** up.
I get what you're saying, but it takes a little more than just being a caretaker to win in the SEC IMO

Unless you have 5 stars allover your roster.

The weapons are there, he just needs to see to connect every once in awhile.
[Reply]
Woogieman 11:24 AM 08-15-2023
I was talking to someone in-the-know this morning, and he believed Nwaneri will have to go JUCO route...bummer
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:27 AM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
I was talking to someone in-the-know this morning, and he believed Nwaneri will have to go JUCO route...bummer
Better get Bill Self in here - he knows how to get kids eligible.

Because the "JUCO route" means this entire process as just masturbation. We got Sheldon Richardson back, but had to entirely re-recruit him as a JUCO transfer. We've lost others.

The JUCO route just means the kids gone and maaaaaybe we'll be able to get him back someday.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:40 AM 08-15-2023
I've seen no indication of that or mention of that anywhere, but I'll check with a few folks who would know.
[Reply]
Woogieman 11:42 AM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Better get Bill Self in here - he knows how to get kids eligible.

Because the "JUCO route" means this entire process as just masturbation. We got Sheldon Richardson back, but had to entirely re-recruit him as a JUCO transfer. We've lost others.

The JUCO route just means the kids gone and maaaaaybe we'll be able to get him back someday.
True, and one of the many reasons college athletics is dying. The schools that have the most success in the next decade may be the ones with the best attorneys and NIL bagmen. Let's hope he gets qualified.
[Reply]
Woogieman 11:50 AM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I've seen no indication of that or mention of that anywhere, but I'll check with a few folks who would know.
I hadn't either...interested to see what you find out
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:08 PM 08-15-2023
Did he elaborate on why?
[Reply]
Woogieman 12:23 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Did he elaborate on why?
Just grades...he is a long-time educational admin in the district. It's up in the air of course, but improvements need to be made in the SR year. Maybe he has more motivation now that the rainbow has a pot of gold.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 12:53 PM 08-15-2023
Just grades...he is a long-time educational admin in the district. It's up in the air of course, but improvements need to be made in the SR year. Maybe he has more motivation now that the rainbow has a pot of gold.
Comments like that are a good way to be a former long-time educational admin in the district, true or not.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:56 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by allen_kcCard:
Comments like that are a good way to be a former long-time educational admin in the district, true or not.
If it's like any major school district I've ever been aware of, 'educational admin' is along the lines of 'assistant vice president' and there are probably about 2,700 of them...

Good luck finding the guy...
[Reply]
Page 10 of 219
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Up