ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 98 of 98
« First < 48889495969798
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
LagunaSWana 09:01 AM Today
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
A new domed stadium out by the racetrack in Kansas? I guess that's better than moving to San Antonio etc. but still would suck big time.
Except that it would put KC in the rotation for the Final 4 and the Super Bowl, which is 99% the reason you go domed.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:03 AM Today
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
St. Louis politicians don't run the Missouri legislature. The difference in seats for the two metro areas is 12-13, out of 163 members of the Missouri house.

If going based purely on fandom/fan support, the Chiefs have a majority of the house. It's not based just on that, though. Obviously.

I suspect the MO legislature and governor's office are motivated to keep both teams in the state (In fact, I know this from talking to the husband of a friend of mine who is a state rep on the side of the aisle that is in power).

Kansas City itself and the state will work to keep the Royals. Kansas City, or North Kansas City + Kansas City and the state will work to keep the Chiefs.

And all of the tax shit will probably be worse than it would have been had the sales tax extension passed, and Johnson County will continue to suck off the teat of Kansas City proper while freeloading on the things that make the area cool.
I wonder about this part when its all said and done. The real possibility of it costing more than the initial extension

I'm a buy once, cry once guy though so I'd ultimately rather pay more and get it right when it came to the shortcomings of both proposals (I'm not a voter)
[Reply]
wazu 09:03 AM Today
Originally Posted by LagunaSWana:
Except that it would put KC in the rotation for the Final 4 and the Super Bowl, which is 99% the reason you go domed.
Hosting a Super Bowl or a Final Four once every 20 years is not worth having a shitty game day experience for every Chiefs game.
[Reply]
Valiant 09:04 AM Today
I can see royals moving to Kansas. Let Johnson county pay for the team. Sherman could try and move the team
.but would lose the lawsuit and the name, history and titles stay with KC. Also, je Dunn would need.to move as they would lose all contracts in KC area. Sherman is in a tough spot with being caught as a liar.

Chiefs will get what they want. Problem is their design was not enough for the amount of money they wanted to spend. It was a shit upgrade for 800m.

It needs to be a district. Put in a couple bars, restaurant, top golf, pickleball with its own parking. And a moveable roof that goes over both locations.
[Reply]
wazu 09:06 AM Today
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, no idea what they're planning, but if they tore down the old Cerner buildings (RIP), they could probably fit a stadium in there across the street from Great Wolf Lodge, and build hotels or whatever on the other side, between Village West Pkwy and I-70.

It wouldn't be a crazy short walk, but a mile from Jazz, YardHouse, and several other restaurants... about the same as walking from Lot L.
Those things would no doubt make it a better experience for out-of-towners. As a local I can't imagine I'd bother with any of the other surrounding attractions on Chiefs gameday. Between tailgating and the game, it's already a pretty full day.
[Reply]
philfree 09:34 AM Today
Moving to KS would suck for this out of towner. I can Leave my house and be at Arrowhead in 2:45 minutes. Adding 30-45 minutes to that would suck. The Great Wolf Lodge? I've priced that and I can stay in a beach side high rise condo on the Gulf of Mexico for that kind of money. **** that place and it's indoor pool full of kiddie pee.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:57 AM Today
Originally Posted by wazu:
Hosting a Super Bowl or a Final Four once every 20 years is not worth having a shitty game day experience for every Chiefs game.
This X 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 bazillion!
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:57 AM Today
Originally Posted by wazu:
Those things would no doubt make it a better experience for out-of-towners. As a local I can't imagine I'd bother with any of the other surrounding attractions on Chiefs gameday. Between tailgating and the game, it's already a pretty full day.
Yeah, I'd personally rather see that kind of stuff for baseball, because I've never tailgated for the Royals and don't view baseball games as the same all-day event like Chiefs games.

Local or traveling, I could see it changing my habits a bit though.. for example, I did TopGolf before the Chiefs/Cards game across from the Cards stadium and it was great... I wouldn't fully substitute that for tailgating in KC, but if there was a prime time game, I'd definitely consider showing up extra early for something like that or other things close by. And I personally don't postgame tailgate and never eat inside the stadium, so postgame meals/drinks would be an option.

And I'm usually crashing a tailgate, so I'm sure many others spend the first half of the day prepping and so forth, and wouldn't have the time... but if there's other stuff to do besides waiting in line for the gates to open, I'd be all for it to cram in as much stuff on a game day.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:58 AM Today
If Kansas really plays it’s cards right, it can use the new stadium to attract the real prize, Buc-ees.
[Reply]
Page 98 of 98
« First < 48889495969798
Up