ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 114 of 167
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:10 AM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Still very unlikely that he leaves 30+ mil on the table and another shot at a SB. His holdout might carry into the season, but it’s still doubtful that he sits the entire year.
In most cases you'd be correct, but I doubt it with Rodgers. He's got plenty of money and you're drastically underestimating how much he despises this front office, while also overestimating his love for the game. He's not passionate about football anymore.

Like Murphy said, he's a complicated fella. We'll see if his tune changes once the season starts, but he's definitely not starting for this team week one. That's for sure. Your scenario might be the most likely one, but I won't be shocked at all if he just sits the whole year. If anyone would do it, it'd be him.
[Reply]
TEX 09:28 AM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
He may not be going to Denver this year, but he's definitely never taking another snap in Green Bay. He will sit out this year, the Packers will save millions upon millions of dollars (which is honestly all that organization cares about) and then trade him next offseason. It honestly makes zero sense for them to trade him now.

What a dumpster fire of an organization. Murphy has now managed to alienate not one, but two Hall of Fame QBs in less than a 20 year period. Are they both divas? Sure, but most organizations are smart enough to realize that a franchise QB drives the whole damn thing. The Packers honestly think they can just plug Jordan Love in and keep rolling because they're just that much smarter than the rest of the league.

The funniest part is the fan base out here. They are clueless, spoiled morons. At least 75% are taking the organizations side. It's hilarious. They truly have no idea what they're in for.
I get that. I'm pretty "complicated" myself, but no way I'd ever leave $30 MILLION+ on the table. That's money that he will never get back. And no matter how financially set he is, it's a large sum. I'd take my time about it, but I'd report and play one more season and let everyone know it is my last in Green Bay. That would put pressure on everyone to win it all now, because next year, me and my $30 MILLION + that I earned for coming back for one more season, will be outta here!

I never really liked the guy anyway, so I really don't care WTF he does. He always came across to me as an arrogant prick, so if he ends up in Denver, he'll fit right in over there. And if that happens - BRING IT! Beating them will be more fun for the next couple of years!

Having said that, I do feel that Green Bay messed this thing up badly. They know Rodgers and know how he thinks, they should have handled a lot of things differently. They deserve what they get.
[Reply]
TEX 09:44 AM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Poor lil fella. Only 15 more years of mediocrity to go before your shit team even has a shred of hope of becoming relevant again.
They'll be a lot of SUCK mixed in with the mediocrity. Mediocrity is their ceiling.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:03 AM 06-17-2021
If Rodgers isn’t playing this year, can we switch our GB game to the Bucs?
[Reply]
Rausch 10:16 AM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:

Having said that, I do feel that Green Bay messed this thing up badly. They know Rodgers and know how he thinks, they should have handled a lot of things differently. They deserve what they get.
If what they get is two 1st round picks for an almost 40 year old QB I'd say they did just fine...
[Reply]
staylor26 10:17 AM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
If what they get is two 1st round picks for an almost 40 year old QB I'd say they did just fine...
Lol no.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:24 AM 06-17-2021
Lol no.
Rodgers is definitely an "odd fella." He might get to where he's going and not like it there. Brady is an extreme rarity - not the norm.

QB's will be playing longer and older than before but not into their 50's. I'd take two first round picks for any player not likely to play longer than 2 or 3 years...
[Reply]
staylor26 10:29 AM 06-17-2021
Rodgers is definitely an "odd fella." He might get to where he's going and not like it there. Brady is an extreme rarity - not the norm.

QB's will be playing longer and older than before but not into their 50's. I'd take two first round picks for any player not likely to play longer than 2 or 3 years...
He’s coming off an MVP season. Two 1st round picks, which would likely be late picks, are not going to cut it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:30 AM 06-17-2021
He’s coming off an MVP season. Two 1st round picks, which would likely be late picks, are not going to cut it.
I think he was talking about next year, especially if he sits out a year.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:42 AM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I think he was talking about next year, especially if he sits out a year.
How many years are we realistically expecting him to play? After this year what, 2 more? It should be obvious that everyone isn't Brady and most QB's aren't going to be starting quality at 38 or 40.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:45 AM 06-17-2021
How many years are we realistically expecting him to play? After this year what, 2 more? It should be obvious that everyone isn't Brady and most QB's aren't going to be starting quality at 38 or 40.
If they trade him right now, they can and should get more than a couple of 1st's for him.

If he sits out a year and they can still get 2 firsts for him next year, I'd agree with you that they made out okay.
[Reply]
O.city 11:45 AM 06-17-2021
Still very unlikely that he leaves 30+ mil on the table and another shot at a SB. His holdout might carry into the season, but it’s still doubtful that he sits the entire year.
Changing your tune eh?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:55 AM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Changing your tune eh?
Umm what?
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 11:58 AM 06-17-2021
I'd advise him to show up, complain about a hammy and ride a bike on the sidelines all season.

Thing is, he hasn't called.
[Reply]
O.city 12:00 PM 06-17-2021
Umm what?
"He'll never miss time, he'll show up"

"He may miss some time, but he'll eventually be there"

I'm guessing in a month you'll be on to "he'll get traded but wherever he goes won't be any good". :-)
[Reply]
Page 114 of 167
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164 > Last »
Up