ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 37
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Media Center>Fear the Walking Dead (TWD companion series)
Fire Me Boy! 02:51 PM 03-27-2015

IT'S OFFICIAL! The walking dead companion show on AMC is called FEAR THE WALKING DEAD! Expect more news very soon! #FearTheWalkingDead

— Robert Kirkman (@RobertKirkman) March 27, 2015

[Reply]
BigRichard 07:54 AM 10-06-2015
I have a problem with the kill me now I was bit. It is human nature to want to live as long as you can as long as it isn't painful. Why would you eat a bullet knowing you will eventually turn? It doesn't seem to be a painful process and you can maybe do a few things before you die. You can just let people know to put a bullet in your brain once you are gone.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:03 AM 10-06-2015
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I have a problem with the kill me now I was bit. It is human nature to want to live as long as you can as long as it isn't painful. Why would you eat a bullet knowing you will eventually turn? It doesn't seem to be a painful process and you can maybe do a few things before you die. You can just let people know to put a bullet in your brain once you are gone.
The turning isn't pleasant. And that lady likely witnessed at least some of it where she was working. Remember Season 1, Jim got bit when the walkers took over camp. Over a few days he got very feverish and sick?
[Reply]
BigRichard 10:11 AM 10-06-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
The turning isn't pleasant. And that lady likely witnessed at least some of it where she was working. Remember Season 1, Jim got bit when the walkers took over camp. Over a few days he got very feverish and sick?
I don't consider feverish and sick as painful. It took several days if I recall. Not many people would eat a bullet when they are not showing symptoms. It would be like a terminally ill cancer patient eating a bullet the day they find out. Most would not do that unless there is depression issues.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:20 AM 10-06-2015
I don't consider feverish and sick as painful. It took several days if I recall. Not many people would eat a bullet when they are not showing symptoms. It would be like a terminally ill cancer patient eating a bullet the day they find out. Most would not do that unless there is depression issues.
Well, I mean what do you expect. It's a end of days survival show with zombies. These things move 2 mph, dumb as a box of rocks, and the military base can't figure out how to contain them. Zombies, in real life, would be super easy to eradicate. Especially because the only way the illness spreads is from bites. I don't know, maybe wear armored suit of some kind that makes it impossible to get bit? You know, just a thought.

This of course, would not make good TV.

I actually enjoyed the first few episodes, I like watching the gradual downfall of society. The middle episodes were meh, but the last 3, I agree with everyone were very well done. I have no idea what to think about the black guy in the suit either, I don't know how manipulative or evil he is yet.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:06 AM 10-06-2015

It's been a while, but Jim's portrayal of the slow decline seemed painful, IIRC.
[Reply]
Swanman 11:08 AM 10-07-2015
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Well, I mean what do you expect. It's a end of days survival show with zombies. These things move 2 mph, dumb as a box of rocks, and the military base can't figure out how to contain them. Zombies, in real life, would be super easy to eradicate. Especially because the only way the illness spreads is from bites. I don't know, maybe wear armored suit of some kind that makes it impossible to get bit? You know, just a thought.

I actually enjoyed the first few episodes, I like watching the gradual downfall of society. The middle episodes were meh, but the last 3, I agree with everyone were very well done. I have no idea what to think about the black guy in the suit either, I don't know how manipulative or evil he is yet.
Read World War Z. The sheer numbers of zombies always outweighs speed.
[Reply]
notorious 11:53 AM 10-07-2015
Originally Posted by Swanman:
Read World War Z. The sheer numbers of zombies always outweighs speed.
Yonkers chapter comes to mind.

The military is not equiped to fight Z's. Besides that, The Walking Dead takes place in a world that has no history of knowing what a zombie is.

They don't know how to fight them, or how to defend against them.

Sure, in our world we would all tape magazines/catalogs to our limbs, have .22's with 100 round mags to take out Z's with minimal effort.

By the end of WWZ book, they figured out how to fight them.
[Reply]
Swanman 12:00 PM 10-07-2015
Originally Posted by notorious:

The military is not equiped to fight Z's. Besides that, The Walking Dead takes place in a world that has no history of knowing what a zombie is.

Sure, in our world we would all tape magazines/catalogs to our limbs, have .22's with 100 round mags to take out Z's with minimal effort.

The chapter near the end where they had the firing line system with snipers was amazing. The dog chapter was probably my favorite though.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:03 PM 10-07-2015

Yonkers was a great chapter. Holy shit.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:07 PM 10-07-2015
Another reason the World War Z movie sucked (or at the very least didn't live up to the potential) - no Yonkers rendition.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:37 PM 10-07-2015
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Another reason the World War Z movie sucked (or at the very least didn't live up to the potential) - no Yonkers rendition.
You other than the fact it had next to zero to do with the book World War Z?
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:49 PM 10-07-2015
Originally Posted by BWillie:

Illness spreads by death. Lots of people dying all the time
[Reply]
eDave 01:10 PM 10-07-2015
Bunch of armchair apocalypse survivors here.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:23 PM 10-07-2015
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
You other than the fact it had next to zero to do with the book World War Z?
In name alone.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:34 PM 10-07-2015

Originally Posted by Swanman:
The chapter near the end where they had the firing line system with snipers was amazing. The dog chapter was probably my favorite though.

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Yonkers was a great chapter. Holy shit.

The firing line bit was awesome. They had the guys on a timer and when they got sluggish and missed shots or weren't hitting in their 2 or 3 second window, they were relieved of their position for a break.. And the horde kept coming for hours, IIRC.

That was some good shit. I don't recall the dog chapter though. Refresher?
[Reply]
Page 22 of 37
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up