ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 37
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Media Center>Fear the Walking Dead (TWD companion series)
Fire Me Boy! 02:51 PM 03-27-2015

IT'S OFFICIAL! The walking dead companion show on AMC is called FEAR THE WALKING DEAD! Expect more news very soon! #FearTheWalkingDead

— Robert Kirkman (@RobertKirkman) March 27, 2015

[Reply]
Gadzooks 04:19 PM 09-21-2015
Originally Posted by kepp:
I really liked this episode. No antagonist? Did you not see every other scene that had the military in it? The barber is the man...anti-gun dad is a panzy.
Who asked who the antagonist was?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:41 PM 09-21-2015
The show is interesting enough for me to watch casually. I can't say it's wowing me.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:42 PM 09-21-2015
I know I'm in the minority but I really dig this show and what they're building...I went into it expecting a slow burn so I'm not disappointed. I do think we'll see a balls to the wall shit hits the fan zombie filled season finale to build into the next season.

TWD is what it is so I'm glad to get a differing take in the same universe....
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:22 PM 09-21-2015
So I finally caught it.

Did Nick and the Salazar Lady get fucking blasted? Is that what they were getting at?
[Reply]
notorious 09:31 PM 09-21-2015
Decent.

The fall of humanity is going to be awesome. Hopefully they have an entire season of trying to get out of LA.
[Reply]
notorious 09:33 PM 09-21-2015
10.1 rating on the 1st episode. I can't find any other ratings.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:01 PM 09-21-2015
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Huh? It's like a second rate soap opera on Telemundo sans tittahs...
Funny. I thought that was more TWD than FTWD. I would imagine, once the zombies take hold of society, it will be much more like TWD and more like a soap opera and Ill get bored and stop watching. I hope they go into conspiracy stuff and how the govt allowed this to happen. Im only tuning in because I like apocalyptic end of the world dramas. Once thats over, this will be meh too
[Reply]
aturnis 02:38 AM 09-22-2015
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Acting is better than the other one but the writers are still just horrible.

A guy gets out of his truck with his family to seek safety in a barber shop only to get out of the barber shop and head back to his truck while things are worse and he easily gets back to his house. Why did he get out of the truck in the first place?

Next you have the dumb asses at the house climbing into their neighbors backyard which is some sort of fun house maze. WTF??? Not only that, we let our sister run back into said maze and house having knowledge about what is going on while my sister has none. This show is the epitome of what this commercial is making fun of...

Lets get in the running car and get away... No no lets go hide in our neighbors fun house maze backyard thingy.
:-)

As someone stated earlier in the thread I will continue to watch because Zombies.
They got out of the truck to find his kid.

I don't think anyone knew the daughter went back into the neighbors house.
[Reply]
aturnis 02:42 AM 09-22-2015
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I have a questi
Spoiler!
She just got away from a zombie and didn't realize who had a hold of her. She was freaking out.
[Reply]
aturnis 02:45 AM 09-22-2015
Originally Posted by frankotank:
please excuse if I dumb-assed and missed the explanation.....
I HAVE QUESTIONS!

1 - they crossed the backyard fence to the neighbors house and then the daughter looks ACROSS THE STREET and says, mom there's somebody in our house. :-)

2 - when she sees her husband drive up and realizes he doesn't know a zombie is in the house.....why not run out the FRONT FREAKING DOOR to tell him? instead she runs back thru the garden maze in the backyard!?

WTF!?

are these legit observations or did I miss something?

PS - anybody buying that birdshot to the face at about 10 paces away wouldn't get to the brain? I don't hunt so just asking.
They were looking over the fence across a decent sized driveway, and into the back/side sliding door.
[Reply]
aturnis 02:56 AM 09-22-2015
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
Who asked who the antagonist was?
Everyone sends to be bitching about no antagonist...
[Reply]
aturnis 02:57 AM 09-22-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The show is interesting enough for me to watch casually. I can't say it's wowing me.
This.
[Reply]
aturnis 03:46 AM 09-22-2015
I'm enjoying it. Started off slow, but then again, it would in real life as well. I feel like things are moving at a realistic pace.

I'm really enjoy reading all the gripes and bitching in this thread. Some of you are REALLY going out of your way to find holes where none exist. I'm assuming your confusion stems from your lack of interest. Casually watching.

I think the reason most of you don't like it is b/c there are a lot of real people here who have no idea what's going on and they're not reacting how you think they should.

Of course, you know what's going on...

People really are annoying, intolerable, irrational, or just plain stupid in real life. So this doesn't bother me. I'm certainly not looking for a show where everyone starts off as Daryl Dixon, Rick or Carol on day one.

Don't know if any of you have ever lived with women, they are irrational. Most I know want to go to the basement when the sky gets dark and it gets really windy outside. The female reactions seem about right to me.

Not sure why everyone is bitching about "social issues", I don't see "social issues". I do see family issues. Which again, seem to be presented reasonably well. Families gonna family.

As far as not telling the daughter, to me, there are multiple reasons that make sense to them.

1. She's their fucking daughter, they feel they have a responsibility to "protect her" and make her feel safe. I thought it was obvious they didn't want to acknowledge a lot of things b/c they didn't want freak everyone out. Like Travis telling his wife he didn't want to acknowledge his sons video. Best to keep everyone calm. Another example was Travis telling cry baby dad, "tell them everything's gonna be ok".

2. You have to consider that they themselves have no clue what is going on. All they can do is guess, which can be dangerous. Look at how the military is reacting on assumptions. Not good.

3. They still assume this is an issue that will be contained, dealt with and they'll be back to their regular lives in no time. Why wouldn't they? They have no reason to think otherwise. All they've ever known is functional society, so it only stands to reason that humanity will prevail. They have no idea if this is happening elsewhere or how big, contagious, fast spreading, or curable it is.

You can also see the naivety in the way that, until the end of the most recent episode, they were perfectly willing to trust the military. Travis was given reasons to question them by the two most important people in his life, but he refused to believe it until he saw it for himself at the end of the episode.

I think everyone feels the impending doom, but shine desperately want to hold onto hope. Most seem to be grasping onto something for a sense of normalcy. The most blatant and realistic was the mother freaking it about bullshit housework. Everyone knows it's pointless, but it's the normalcy she's latching onto to cope.

Very few choose to acknowledge reality. The druggie son has. Hence the unfeeling comment of "she's dead". Then again, he killed a guy, and saw that he came back. Nobody else has that kind of confirmation.

To me, it's like religious vs non religious. Some people need something to believe in. Some people don't, and are quick acknowledge reality. Druggie, barber and cry baby dad don't, but are all dealing with it differently.

Others, like Travis, are going to take more convincing. He doesn't know if they're sick, dead or curable. Hence him not wanting to shoot his neighbor, or the mom talking to Susan.

If this all went down, and you weren't aware of the concept of zombies. Had no clue what was happening, but you 6 and 8 yr old children were infected and trying to eat you, are you just going to blow their heads off without more information? I really wouldn't think so.
[Reply]
notorious 07:10 AM 09-22-2015
aturnis nailed it.
[Reply]
notorious 07:12 AM 09-22-2015
We have to remember that these people live in LA. They are used to trusting the government and depending on them for a LOT. They don't know what to do if they had to depend on themselves.

They think differently than a lot of us do.

Martial law is a bitch. Give some men power and control, and very bad things are probably going to happen.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 37
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up