ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 37
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Media Center>Fear the Walking Dead (TWD companion series)
Fire Me Boy! 02:51 PM 03-27-2015

IT'S OFFICIAL! The walking dead companion show on AMC is called FEAR THE WALKING DEAD! Expect more news very soon! #FearTheWalkingDead

— Robert Kirkman (@RobertKirkman) March 27, 2015

[Reply]
notorious 05:39 PM 09-04-2015
I can't tell you if it's a waste of time. We need more episodes.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:05 PM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by bowener:
To those that are not huge fan boys in here, is this show worth spending my time on? I've heard from one friend it is pretty much as bad as the other show, and nothing ground breaking is being done in this show as far as story telling, direction, or writing. The few reviews I read said it has been pretty ho-hum.
There have only been 2 episodes so there is no way to tell whether it's going to be epic or meh.

They're zombies. There are only so many ways to start it off. It'll be good or bad as character development.

It doesn't suck. It's worth the time. It has a pretty good budget do it at least looks good. I would say it's worth a watch. There is only 6 episodes this year iirc so you're not out much if you don't dig it.
[Reply]
aturnis 12:45 AM 09-05-2015
Is this just going to be a way for the walking dead to introduce new characters?

6 episodes following a group of people, some of which meet up with Rick's group. This way they don't waste loads of TWD time on new character back story...?
[Reply]
eDave 12:57 AM 09-05-2015
Originally Posted by aturnis:
Is this just going to be a way for the walking dead to introduce new characters?

6 episodes following a group of people, some of which meet up with Rick's group. This way they don't waste loads of TWD time on new character back story...?
Not sure how people in LA are going to meet up with a group out of ATL.
[Reply]
aturnis 01:01 AM 09-05-2015
I dunno. It's been awhile. Maybe they were headed to the CDC as well. You know how these shows go. People who see the aftermath in their part of the country always have some kind of hope that there's some sort of functional society left across the map.
[Reply]
notorious 06:39 AM 09-05-2015
They could meet up with a pilot?

One of the zombie book series I read has a military pilot. It was a good way to move the story along.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:30 AM 09-05-2015
Originally Posted by bowener:
To those that are not huge fan boys in here, is this show worth spending my time on? I've heard from one friend it is pretty much as bad as the other show, and nothing ground breaking is being done in this show as far as story telling, direction, or writing. The few reviews I read said it has been pretty ho-hum.
1) I think being a fan-boy makes people tend to like it less. It's like watching Aliens before Alien. People get use to danger and action around every corner and forget the pacing of a normal drama (which it is.)

2) The premise interests me more. People can make it out in a rural setting but uban? Millions of people (who become zombies at some point) scavenging for food and needful things?

Making it work in the concrete jungle is a completely different ballgame...
[Reply]
notorious 02:57 PM 09-05-2015
Originally Posted by Rausch:
1) I think being a fan-boy makes people tend to like it less. It's like watching Aliens before Alien. People get use to danger and action around every corner and forget the pacing of a normal drama (which it is.)

2) The premise interests me more. People can make it out in a rural setting but uban? Millions of people (who become zombies at some point) scavenging for food and needful things?

Making it work in the concrete jungle is a completely different ballgame...
People are the real danger.

This has a good chance of being awesoome.
[Reply]
eDave 03:38 PM 09-05-2015
Originally Posted by notorious:
People are the real danger.

This has a good chance of being awesoome.
I like how slow the outbreak is vs. the breakdown of humanity. Shit goes south fast!
[Reply]
frankotank 12:18 PM 09-08-2015
Originally Posted by Rausch:
nicely done!
yeah that would have SUCKED! :-)
I LOVE Alien. but it ain't Aliens. two films at opposite ends of the genre.
[Reply]
frankotank 12:20 PM 09-08-2015
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I was watching TWD one night and my daughter came in to see what I was doing and said " Oh...This is gross...Why don't they just tie the Zombies shoe laces together so they can't chase you???" Then she left the room.

Hmmmmmm.....:-)

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:52 PM 09-09-2015
I'll watch the season to the end, it looks like it will pickup. Hard to go off of 2 episodes.
[Reply]
Brock 05:55 PM 09-09-2015
I like this show much better than the original.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:25 AM 09-14-2015
Last nights episode was pretty intense. Best episode yet IMO.
[Reply]
Kman34 05:45 AM 09-14-2015
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Last nights episode was pretty intense. Best episode yet IMO.
Yeah.. Looks like the military has their shit together... It will be interesting to see how they lose control...
[Reply]
Page 12 of 37
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up