ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 236 of 315
« First < 136186226232233234235236 237238239240246286 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now!
Rain Man 04:29 PM 02-24-2019
Not available in stores! Buy now! Special price of only $1 for a limited time only. We're up and running!

Go to www.sandboxsimulations.com to sign up. (You can learn more about the game as well.)

For the time being, we set the price to $1, and we can't limit it to just the game testers, so if you're interested, you'll also get the $1 price. Just sign up.

This is a fresh reset, so everyone will have new teams and we'll do a new draft.

Also, please give us any feedback about what you like or don't like, and how we can improve navigation. We've updated all of the systems, so there's a chance that errors are lurking somewhere, but we think we're good to go now. Let us know if something bad happens to you.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:18 AM 10-07-2021
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
gg DJ, second comeback OT win of the year. :-)
It's just really tough to deal w/ a spread offense in this game if you aren't specifically designed for it. I guess the mistake I made was projection.

I built a defense designed to stop my offense. I've got corners for days and DLs that can get after the passer without much help from the LBs. With Yannick, Garrett, Jones and Clark, that front 4 will let me put a dime package out there if I need to and still get heat on the passer.

But I also threw a ton of capital at building that spread offense and nobody else really has, so he comes out and decides to run it 25 times. Despite making some changes to my run packages, it seemed to have very little impact. Now a lot of that was built on 2-3 big runs and my guys did keep him behind the sticks often enough, but those big runs still count.

The fog of war makes it difficult to know where my shortcomings there are. It could be my safeties, could be my LBs, could be scheme. Guess I'll have to just keep tinkering.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:23 AM 10-07-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yeah I looked at TOP and thought that had to be a glitch. Forget another winning streak I'll just be happy with the playoffs. Looking at that standings theres very little room for error
I was shooting for 3-3 over this 6 game gauntlet with a couple of relatively easy matchups in there as well.

So I figure I'll settle in around 12-4 or 13-3. You still have some rope, especially if you knock me off in the next matchup.
[Reply]
carlos3652 09:27 AM 10-07-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's just really tough to deal w/ a spread offense in this game if you aren't specifically designed for it. I guess the mistake I made was projection.

I built a defense designed to stop my offense. I've got corners for days and DLs that can get after the passer without much help from the LBs. With Yannick, Garrett, Jones and Clark, that front 4 will let me put a dime package out there if I need to and still get heat on the passer.

But I also threw a ton of capital at building that spread offense and nobody else really has, so he comes out and decides to run it 25 times. Despite making some changes to my run packages, it seemed to have very little impact. Now a lot of that was built on 2-3 big runs and my guys did keep him behind the sticks often enough, but those big runs still count.

The fog of war makes it difficult to know where my shortcomings there are. It could be my safeties, could be my LBs, could be scheme. Guess I'll have to just keep tinkering.
Its hard to really know because one game of a 16 game season (not including playoffs) does not really represent everything correctly.. you can look it over, over a season, and it would be averaged out --- but with the amount of variables, specifically the other teams gameplan, you cant really tweak and REALLY know if you improved or not after one game.

It's tough. You did a heck of a job planning, and it shows in the results.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:31 AM 10-07-2021
I was shooting for 3-3 over this 6 game gauntlet with a couple of relatively easy matchups in there as well.

So I figure I'll settle in around 12-4 or 13-3. You still have some rope, especially if you knock me off in the next matchup.
Hell, I still haven't played 5-2 Joplin yet either. They're part of that 6 game run but then I end the season with them as well.

That's 7 games over the last 9 weeks against damn good teams. Glad to have gotten one of them out of the way with a W but yeah, this race is faaaaar from over.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:39 AM 10-07-2021
I played the Buffalo Bills and lost 40-0.

Lol
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:27 AM 10-07-2021
Well, the Denver Ermines sure had an exciting game. We managed to make a Mike Jones-ish tackle on the one-yard line to win the game.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:35 AM 10-07-2021
I about took the worst loss in Sandbox history in League 2.

Up 28-13 with less than five minutes to play. Springfield drives down to make it 28-19 after a failed 2-point conversion at the 2 minute warning. Attempts an onside kick - failed. Okay, that's ballgame. Up two scores with 2 minutes left - a first ices it but really anything should do the job.

Fortunately the first two plays go nicely picked up 9.99 yards to burn Springifleds remaining TOs and get it to 3rd and inches. Stuffed - no big deal, run the clock down to 40 seconds and snap it, pick up your inch and take a knee. Nope - stuffed again....AND a fumble....AND a 65 yard fumble recovery for a touchdown. Well that's not ideal. But hey, it's alright - 30 seconds left now and a 28-26 lead.

AND THEY RECOVER THE ONSIDE KICK! Then their first play they immediately pick up 15 down to my 33 and spike the clock at 6 seconds for the FG attempt.......and Zuerlein misses it.

A missed 50 yarder away from ignominy. That would've been just a brutal beat.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:53 AM 10-07-2021
I about took the worst loss in Sandbox history in League 2.

Up 28-13 with less than five minutes to play. Springfield drives down to make it 28-19 after a failed 2-point conversion at the 2 minute warning. Attempts an onside kick - failed. Okay, that's ballgame. Up two scores with 2 minutes left - a first ices it but really anything should do the job.

Fortunately the first two plays go nicely picked up 9.99 yards to burn Springifleds remaining TOs and get it to 3rd and inches. Stuffed - no big deal, run the clock down to 40 seconds and snap it, pick up your inch and take a knee. Nope - stuffed again....AND a fumble....AND a 65 yard fumble recovery for a touchdown. Well that's not ideal. But hey, it's alright - 30 seconds left now and a 28-26 lead.

AND THEY RECOVER THE ONSIDE KICK! Then their first play they immediately pick up 15 down to my 33 and spike the clock at 6 seconds for the FG attempt.......and Zuerlein misses it.

A missed 50 yarder away from ignominy. That would've been just a brutal beat.
That would've been pretty epic to lose.
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 06:41 PM 10-07-2021
Hell, I still haven't played 5-2 Joplin yet either. They're part of that 6 game run but then I end the season with them as well.

That's 7 games over the last 9 weeks against damn good teams. Glad to have gotten one of them out of the way with a W but yeah, this race is faaaaar from over.
You're going to beat me like a drum. Week 10, I'm missing several key players, then I have absolutely nobody playing week 16, including Mahomes.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:53 PM 10-07-2021
Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas:
You're going to beat me like a drum. Week 10, I'm missing several key players, then I have absolutely nobody playing week 16, including Mahomes.
I'll be missing 5 starters in week 10 and 8 in week 16 (everyone's gonna have issues in week 16, it seems).

But yeah - missing Mahomes is no bueno...
[Reply]
cdcox 08:25 PM 10-07-2021
Carlos and I are tied for the division league in both leagues and are playing each other in both leagues as well.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:28 PM 10-07-2021
I didn't realize Royal Oak was on a 6 game streak of their own...

Hell of a season they're having. An OT loss followed by 6 straight wins.

Curious to see how they compare with that stout Nashville defense.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:38 PM 10-07-2021
I didn't realize Royal Oak was on a 6 game streak of their own...

Hell of a season they're having. An OT loss followed by 6 straight wins.

Curious to see how they compare with that stout Nashville defense.
Yeah I beat Nashville this year but that's a damn good team wouldnt be surprised if they win it all even though they have Rothlisberger and he totally fell apart at the end of the year last season IRL
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:33 AM 10-08-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yeah I beat Nashville this year but that's a damn good team wouldnt be surprised if they win it all even though they have Rothlisberger and he totally fell apart at the end of the year last season IRL
My recollection is that the game 'pro-rates' rather than gives you a week over week performance.

So the Ben Nashville will get over 16 games is an average of the Ben that the Steelers got in '20 and won't have a precipitous collapse late.

I used to worry about a sort of 'regression to the mean' thing - if you 'waste' your good performances early in the season, will your guys struggle late to get their numbers more in-line with what they did in the real NFL. But I think we've got enough information at this point to determine that doesn't happen.

My 'maul the bad teams' strategy early in the season will be the ultimate test. Ultimately I just don't see the sim forcing interceptions late because Tannehill carved apart some rummies early.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:39 AM 10-08-2021
Somehow my shit team has the best record in the lunar.
[Reply]
Page 236 of 315
« First < 136186226232233234235236 237238239240246286 > Last »
Up