ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 71
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Media Center>What Are You Spinning? Cont.
eDave 08:45 PM 02-05-2019
Rabble's thread has become extremely slow to load and post so I'm starting a new one while the other will be locked.

As rabble is no longer with us (cough), I have been authorized to post in his stead.

Perhaps we can add a full description of the video then post a direct link in an effort to forego the issues in the original thread.

Let's hear what your hearing.

Link to the original - https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314922
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:26 PM 03-13-2021
New Colossus demo

[Reply]
Mennonite 12:05 PM 03-15-2021

[Reply]
srvy 12:33 AM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:

Good stuff
[Reply]
srvy 12:44 AM 03-18-2021
This British folk-rock singer wrote it.

But Del McCoury band owned it.

Del looks just like the barber my dad took me too when I was 10. He had a Bluegrass band also and would play concerts in the park back then. When I want to listen to some good old American Bluegrass DMB is my go to.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:36 PM 03-19-2021

One of the staples of my childhood and still one of my absolute favorite albums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:08 PM 03-20-2021
Just acquired a couple of albums from these guys out of the Netherlands...

[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:33 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:

One of the staples of my childhood and still one of my absolute favorite albums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GodDAMN, I LOVE that record.

"Rain On The Scarecrow" makes my heart hurt and tears come to my eyes...

"Paper In Fire"...

This one and Lonesome Jubilee are masterpieces.
[Reply]
Mennonite 02:53 PM 03-22-2021

[Reply]
Pablo 04:19 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
GodDAMN, I LOVE that record.

"Rain On The Scarecrow" makes my heart hurt and tears come to my eyes...

"Paper In Fire"...

This one and Lonesome Jubilee are masterpieces.
Yeah, that intro to ROTS gets me fucking goin'. The whole album is great start to finish, bet I've listened to it 500 times.

Minutes to Memories is my personal fave.
[Reply]
srvy 08:28 PM 03-22-2021
Yeah, that intro to ROTS gets me fucking goin'. The whole album is great start to finish, bet I've listened to it 500 times.

Minutes to Memories is my personal fave.
He really got a lot of bad flack for his uncomfortable dancing in those MTV videos. Scarecrow was a great album. I thought Scarcrow, American Fool, and Big Daddy were pretty solid albums of his.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:06 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I'd seek out Power Trip which shouldn't be too elusive. Both studio albums, Manifest Decimation and Nightmare Logic, are some of the best modern thrash to come out.

Other modern thrash bands you can't really go wrong with (no particular order):

Warbringer
Municipal Waste (Breathe Grease)
Iron Reagan (shares the same vocalist as Municipal Waste)
Lazarus A.D.
Toxic Holocaust
Vektor (more on the progressive metal side of thrash)
Lich King
Havok
Evile

EDIT: I should caveat this by saying I'm not sure if all these bands have releases on vinyl. Seems over the years metal was fully entrenched in releasing to CD while punk/hardcore always stayed with vinyl. Seems as little as a few years ago there were only a limited number of plants in the US even doing pressings. That's likely changed though with the resurgence in vinyl. A lot of these older metal releases are likely being reissued on vinyl if not originally.
Really dig this Nightmare Logic album. Gonna find it on vinyl. Bummed to see their frontman died recently. They had a good thing going it appears.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:27 AM 03-25-2021
Really dig this Nightmare Logic album. Gonna find it on vinyl. Bummed to see their frontman died recently. They had a good thing going it appears.
Happy to hear you enjoyed it, and yeah, huge blow to fans and peers to learn of Riley's death.

Music is so subjective, especially the heavier stuff, that there's not much middle ground between love and hate, making recommendations trickier, haha.

Not speaking directly to you, but anyone who's building out a collection or is interested in discographies, pressing info, etc. discogs.com is a really good resource if not already utilizing it.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:57 AM 03-25-2021
Cool I’ll check it out.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:46 PM 03-25-2021
Treated myself to this nugget that was released last year.

San Jose hardcore putting toxic masculinity back on the map.

Single side etched

[Reply]
Baby Lee 03-25-2021, 05:57 PM
This message has been deleted by Baby Lee. Reason: dupe soomehow
Baby Lee 05:58 PM 03-25-2021
WYHIYSB

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 34 of 71
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Up