ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 157
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022-2023 College Basketball Thread****
Pablo 06:23 PM 11-11-2022
Games tipped off this week. Feel free to post any and all college basketball info and thoughts in this thread.

Here’s how the top 25 started out

[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:52 PM 02-22-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
And Tim Horton (KCC): Kentucky has 5 Q1 wins with a chance to reach 7 before end of regular season. With 4 of those wins already coming against tournament teams and a bubble team.
This reminds me of a Raiders fan celebrating a pending one-and-done wild card appearance in the NFL playoffs. Congrats on your eventual #8/#9 seed, KU hasn't been seeded that low in a NCAA tournament in 25 years.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 09:56 PM 02-22-2023
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I think I typed this after they blew their 2nd double digit lead of the night.
Well...they still suck on defending straight-line drives but at least they rebound. As long as Wheeler is out of the lineup, they have a chance to do something.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:58 PM 02-22-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Are they going to beat a single tournament team this season?
Depends on if LSU makes the tournament or not.
Also, you're the one who answered that question like this, so I have no idea why you keep harping on it when you clearly didn't have any belief they'd make it at all.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:14 PM 02-22-2023
Also, you're the one who answered that question like this, so I have no idea why you keep harping on it when you clearly didn't have any belief they'd make it at all.
Because you haven’t said anything since regarding Kentucky either or mentioned their improved play?

This reminds me of a Raiders fan celebrating a pending one-and-done wild card appearance in the NFL playoffs. Congrats on your eventual #8/#9 seed, KU hasn't been seeded that low in a NCAA tournament in 25 years.
Ok.

Also, actively rooting for South Carolina rn
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:17 PM 02-22-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Well...they still suck on defending straight-line drives but at least they rebound. As long as Wheeler is out of the lineup, they have a chance to do something.
Are you serious? This team is worse if Wheeler isn’t playing 15-20 minutes a night. Wallace is starting to have his shot negatively impacted by playing the 1 the entire game. And Reeves is getting exposed defensively playing substantially more.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:25 PM 02-22-2023
I don’t think I’ve actively wanted a team to lose like Alabama in basketball since Baylor in football with Briles.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:29 PM 02-22-2023
Because you haven’t said anything since regarding Kentucky either or mentioned their improved play?
Why would I? They're still bad, just not bad enough to miss the tournament again like UNC.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 11:03 PM 02-22-2023
Are you serious? This team is worse if Wheeler isn’t playing 15-20 minutes a night. Wallace is starting to have his shot negatively impacted by playing the 1 the entire game. And Reeves is getting exposed defensively playing substantially more.
Sahvir Wheeler is an anchor to this team, and not in a good way. Chris Livingston does nothing when Wheeler plays significant minutes. Oscar is only average at best the vast majority of the time when Wheeler plays because it allows his defender to sag and and teams are able to double Oscar better.

Wheeler offers nothing on the offensive end and taller guards eat him up.

He's ok to spell a couple guys but shouldn't be playing more than 10 minutes a game. I'd be happy if he never logged another minute.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:36 AM 02-25-2023
I don’t think I’ve actively wanted a team to lose like Alabama in basketball since Baylor in football with Briles.
There is a LOT more to dislike about Baylor than Briles.

I remember discussing on this board the murder of Patrick Dennehy by his teammate, Carlton Dotson who dumped him in a gravel pit. His body was scavenged by animals as his head was not found with the torso.

Not to be outdone, Dave Bliss, had paid Dennehy's tuition, and during investigation claimed that the tuition was actually paid for by Dennehy being a drug dealer.

Originally Posted by :

Bliss had told players to lie to investigators by indicating that Dennehy had paid for his tuition by dealing drugs. These conversations were taped on microcassette by assistant coach Abar Rouse from July 30 to August 1. On the tapes, Bliss was heard instructing players to fabricate the story of Dennehy being a drug dealer to Baylor investigators and also said that talking to the McLennan County Sheriff's Department would give him the opportunity to "practice" his story. The tapes also showed that Bliss and his staff knew that Dennehy had been threatened by two of their teammates when they publicly denied such knowledge. Rouse taped the conversations after Bliss threatened to fire him if he did not go along with the scheme.

[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 11:12 AM 02-25-2023
KSUCats @ Diet OU today.

I'm kinda worried about this game. OkST is 5-1 in their last 6 at home, losing to Kansas. They then went on the road and lost at WVU and TCU. They need this game to maybe get a bid.
[Reply]
kstater 11:33 AM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
KSUCats @ Diet OU today.

I'm kinda worried about this game. OkST is 5-1 in their last 6 at home, losing to Kansas. They then went on the road and lost at WVU and TCU. They need this game to maybe get a bid.
Eh, would think all they need to do to lock up a 3 in the tournament is beat OU and one of the road games. Don't think they would even need to win one in the Big 12 tournament. So loss today isnt upsetting me as I think they'll beat WVU. I also don't think OSU is on the wrong side of the bubble (unless they lose out)

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 11:59 AM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by kstater:
Eh, would think all they need to do to lock up a 3 in the tournament is beat OU and one of the road games. Don't think they would even need to win one in the Big 12 tournament. So loss today isnt upsetting me as I think they'll beat WVU. I also don't think OSU is on the wrong side of the bubble (unless they lose out)

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
I'd prefer they win today.

Cats haven't played bad, but also not great, on the road (2-5) and finishing with 2 out of 3 away has me a little leery of their ability to finish the conference strong against these teams.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 12:21 PM 02-25-2023
RustShackSt down 4 at home to OU. Lots of time left though. 15min.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 12:22 PM 02-25-2023
TCU @ home leading Tech by 5 @ the under 16 TO.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:18 PM 02-25-2023

I don't think Fran McCaffery is happy with the officials. pic.twitter.com/QCdhwmQIVv

— The Field of 68 (@TheFieldOf68) February 25, 2023

[Reply]
Page 38 of 157
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Up