Page 104 of 112
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:58 PM 09-20-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
National media gives a ton of love to Lynch and Rat Jr, but there needs to be some balanced criticism, recognizing a huuuuuuge shortcoming of theirs.

2017 was a complete epic disaster for Lynch. He sat there with his supposed QB whisperer head coach, looked at the QBs in that draft, and said, "I'll pass." In my opinion, that is JUST as bad as taking a busted QB with a high pick, which he conveniently has also done. And it turns out even after his little trade down with the Bears, he STILL had the opportunity to take two elite starters (until one of them, well... you know...) and didn't recognize greatness when it stared up at him, even though he had nobody at the position he was married to. Janeane wasn't even a 49er yet at the time.

With that team and Mahomes? Does anybody think they wouldn't have won the last 4 Super Bowls? Or at least 3 of the last 4? Instead they've got one appearance, some wasted draft picks on a presumable bust, and now they're trying to marry themselves to an impressive yet small and brittle Brock Purdy.

They got sooooo much love for their 2017 draft. They were "smart" for not taking a QB. Solomon Thomas was what smart GMs do. The other teams who trade up for QBs are always reaching, and they just don't get it! Well, the results are in, and that was 100% incorrect. And nobody ever talks about it. It's only ever, "look at that blue chip pass rusher he got with a top 5 pick! What a stud GM!"
Passing on Pat was pretty horrible, but I'd argue the Trey Lance deal was the fireable offense.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:00 PM 09-20-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Passing on Pat was pretty horrible, but I'd argue the Trey Lance deal was the fireable offense.
It would be if Purdy had not worked out.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:01 PM 09-20-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Let's be honest though. He didn't draft Hurts in the first. I highly doubt that he was drafted to be the QBOTF. It looks like it worked, but now he will have to try and sustain that success when Hurts stops being cheap. But he is a very good GM.
You don't consider a 2nd round QB a QBOTF? Why else would you spend a premium draft pick on a QB?
[Reply]
tredadda 02:46 PM 09-20-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
You don't consider a 2nd round QB a QBOTF? Why else would you spend a premium draft pick on a QB?
Because QBs are the premium position in the NFL. If you see a player you think is your QBOTF, you snag him with your first pick, or trade up to a spot to get him. Sometimes it works out (Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert etc..) and sometimes it doesn't (Mayfield, Fields, Lance, Trubisky etc..). Drafting a QB in the second or later implies a player you hope will develop into a QBOTF. There is just no other position in the NFL that provides a greater ROI than a franchise QB.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:59 PM 09-20-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
National media gives a ton of love to Lynch and Rat Jr, but there needs to be some balanced criticism, recognizing a huuuuuuge shortcoming of theirs.

2017 was a complete epic disaster for Lynch. He sat there with his supposed QB whisperer head coach, looked at the QBs in that draft, and said, "I'll pass." In my opinion, that is JUST as bad as taking a busted QB with a high pick, which he conveniently has also done. And it turns out even after his little trade down with the Bears, he STILL had the opportunity to take two elite starters (until one of them, well... you know...) and didn't recognize greatness when it stared up at him, even though he had nobody at the position he was married to. Janeane wasn't even a 49er yet at the time.

With that team and Mahomes? Does anybody think they wouldn't have won the last 4 Super Bowls? Or at least 3 of the last 4? Instead they've got one appearance, some wasted draft picks on a presumable bust, and now they're trying to marry themselves to an impressive yet small and brittle Brock Purdy.

They got sooooo much love for their 2017 draft. They were "smart" for not taking a QB. Solomon Thomas was what smart GMs do. The other teams who trade up for QBs are always reaching, and they just don't get it! Well, the results are in, and that was 100% incorrect. And nobody ever talks about it. It's only ever, "look at that blue chip pass rusher he got with a top 5 pick! What a stud GM!"
It’s stunning to me that these running teams are so bad at finding good QBs. Like, if Tenn or SF had even a top 10-15 qb. Even worse when a team like Atlanta flat out refuses to even try to find one.
[Reply]
wachashi 02:04 PM 09-21-2023
This is what you call sustainable roster building.

Young and hungry ��#Chiefs players on their rookie contracts continue to contribute at a high volume, as KC slides in at #2 in total snaps by players still on their rookie deals through Week Two.

(provided by @josephjefe) pic.twitter.com/boOGB6v5Nj

— KC Sports Network (@KCSportsNetwork) September 20, 2023

[Reply]
RunKC 11:42 AM 02-03-2024
I'm not going to share the link bc it's KCStar but Sam McDowell had an interesting article about why the Chiefs love the underdog mentality.

The Chiefs have one player on the entire roster that was drafted in the top 20 of the draft. That player is Patrick Mahomes. Every other player was drafted outside of the top 20 picks.

This is why Veach has been so damn good. He's constantly playing at a disadvantage bc of our success and he's still drafting really good players with poor draft position.

Incredible
[Reply]
staylor26 11:45 AM 02-03-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I'm not going to share the link bc it's KCStar but Sam McDowell had an interesting article about why the Chiefs love the underdog mentality.

The Chiefs have one player on the entire roster that was drafted in the top 20 of the draft. That player is Patrick Mahomes. Every other player was drafted outside of the top 20 picks.

This is why Veach has been so damn good. He's constantly playing at a disadvantage bc of our success and he's still drafting really good players with poor draft position.

Incredible
This year is proof that he's the best in the business. There's no doubt that he's better than Howie Roseman at this point.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:41 PM 02-12-2024

The draft class that fueled the start of a dynasty #Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom #NFL pic.twitter.com/EZTlSUdIAf

— Chris (@chiefs_outsider) February 12, 2024

Morherfuckers said Howie Roseman was better even after winning the SB last year :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 12:43 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Morherfuckers said Howie Roseman was better even after winning the SB last year :-)
Howie Roseman GM's like he's playing Madden with an imported draft class. Oh lets draft all the guys from the national title team...and I'm gonna sign or trade for all the high rated players!
[Reply]
O.city 12:44 PM 02-12-2024
They've gotta sign Jones now. Just do it and move on.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:46 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Just imagine if Moore and Kinnard had hit.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:57 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Just imagine if Moore and Kinnard had hit.
Moore especially. At least Kinnard was a late pick.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:00 PM 02-12-2024
Hopefully after back to back, we can get a few veteran ring chasers that sign for less cause they want to win.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:01 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Hopefully after back to back, we can get a few veteran ring chasers that sign for less cause they want to win.
At some point, the winning has to translate to getting a ring chaser or two.
[Reply]
Page 104 of 112
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108 > Last »
Up