ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 24
« First < 111718192021 222324 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Dave Chapelle's "The Closer": He Fucking Roasts Everyone
AdolfOliverBush 11:30 AM 10-12-2021
Of course comedy is subjective, but I loved it. Chappelle absolutely does not give a rat's ass about backlash for his words. Comedy should be without limits. I think even us maniacs in CPDC who watch it will mostly give it a thumbs up.

Netflix chief Ted Sarandos defends controversial Dave Chappelle special in staff memo: Reports
Jenna Ryu
USA TODAY

Netflix co-CEO Ted Sarandos is defending his decision to keep comedian Dave Chappelle's controversial special "The Closer" on the streaming service.

In a Friday staff memo obtained by Variety and The Verge, Sarandos pledged Netflix's commitment to the special, despite backlash about the comedian's transphobic comments. "Chappelle is one of the most popular stand-up comedians today, and we have a long standing deal with him," Sarandos wrote in Chappelle's defense.

He continued: "As with our other talent, we work hard to support their creative freedom – even though this means there will always be content on Netflix some people believe is harmful, like 'Cuties,' '365 Days,' '13 Reasons Why,' or 'My Unorthodox Life.' "

Chappelle drew criticism for his comments in the special about the transgender community, including his defense of author J. K. Rowling, who previously conflated sex with gender and defended ideas suggesting that changing one's biological sex was a threat to her own gender identity.

"They canceled J.K. Rowling – my God," Chappelle said. "Effectually she said gender was a fact, the trans community got mad as (expletive), they started calling her a TERF… I'm Team TERF. I agree. I agree, man. Gender is a fact."

TERF is an acronym that stands for "trans exclusionary radical feminists" and describes feminists who are transphobic.

In the memo, Sarandos used Chappelle's previous special "Sticks & Stones" as an example, writing that it was also "controversial" and "our most watched, stickiest, and most award winning stand-up special to date."

USA TODAY has reached out to Netflix for comment.

Netflix CEO Ted Sarandos defended comedian Dave Chappelle's controversial comedy special, "The Closer." Sarandos also said Netflix doesn't believe that "The Closer" promotes hate speech.

"Several of you have also asked where we draw the line on hate. We don’t allow titles on Netflix that are designed to incite hate or violence, and we don’t believe 'The Closer' crosses that line," he said.

"I recognize, however, that distinguishing between commentary and harm is hard, especially with stand-up comedy which exists to push boundaries. Some people find the art of stand-up to be mean-spirited but our members enjoy it, and it’s an important part of our content offering."

"The Closer," the sixth installment in the comedian's Netflix deal, which the "Chappelle's Show" comedian describes as "his last special for a minute," includes tongue-in-cheek jokes about race, the coronavirus pandemic and negotiating "the release of DaBaby" after the rapper's homophobic comments.

Many on social media slammed Chappelle and the streaming platform, including writer Jaclyn Moore, who also serves as showrunner for Netflix's "Dear White People."

In-depth story:How trans 'Harry Potter' fans are grappling with J.K. Rowling's legacy after her transphobic comments

"I've been thrown against walls because, 'I'm not a "real" woman,' " Moore, who is transgender, tweeted. "I've had beer bottles thrown at me. So, @Netflix, I'm done."

Advocacy group GLAAD responded to the memo Monday.

“Netflix has a policy that content ‘designed to incite hate or violence’ is not allowed on the platform, but we all know that anti-LGBTQ content does exactly that," GLAAD said in a statement. "While Netflix is home to groundbreaking LGBTQ stories, now is the time for Netflix execs to listen to LGBTQ employees, industry leaders, and audiences and commit to living up to their own standards.”

Last week, the group tweeted that Chappelle's brand "has become synonymous with ridiculing trans people and other marginalized communities."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...ts/6094754001/
[Reply]
Loneiguana 01:20 PM 01-05-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yeah, nothing to see here, just Senator Suckadick trying to help out misunderstood and oppressed citizens down on their luck. No politicking or anything going on, just helping normal everyday people misunderstood after wrecking entire city blocks over some crackhead none of them knew. And not that it matters, but I really do understand the bail system in this country, so stop arguing that point. What I don't understand is why you keep trying to focus on that and not why a Senator running for Vice President would contribute to any of these people getting out of jail, though. Care to explain that, or do you have some more dud snark you want to throw out that absolutely nobody is seeing as you deflecting off the subject raised to you?
"How dare Harris promote a completely legal non for profit whose mission statement is to help people afford their constitutionally protected right of bail, which has been approved by a judge!!! Yes, I am stupid."

Pull your head out of your ass and maybe you would notice I am addressing your stupid talking point. You just have no idea what it is you are angry about, so you can grasp what is being said.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 01:21 PM 01-05-2022
Oh look, Commie Three has entered the game.

Sorry Commie Three, the correct answer we were looking for is "don't ****ing destroy the city in the first place and avoid jail altogether". A valiant attempt, but absolutely the wrong answer.
You do know bail is for people who haven't yet been found guilty of a crime, right? And that bail does not prevent a trial or being punished in a court of law?

Or are you so authoritarian, you forgot some of the basic principals of America?
[Reply]
Loneiguana 01:26 PM 01-05-2022
Outside of Veep Cackles LITERALLY jump starting her political career with a blowjob and subsequent affair with Willie Brown, you are absolutely correct with all that.

And what is it with you libs constantly dodging the question, anyway? Why did Harris bail out looters and rioters during the Summer of Love, but not the rioters from 1/6? It doesn't make any sense considering bail and constitution and whatever else triggers lefties, especially considering how some of the 1/6 rioters rotted away in jail for months on end? And the only murderer I know of from that day is named Michael Byrd, and he was doing the rounds on talk shows.
Harris didn't bail our rioters.

Harris promoted a non for profit whose mission statement is helping people afford bail.

The only thing worse then you attacking bail for political points like a chump, is how dishonest you have to be while doing it.

Dishonest and stupid is no way to go through life son.

/some white people sit in jail waiting trial for a few months and now all of a sudden conservatives are "concerned" about violent criminals who were rioting and looting getting to experience America criminal system. It would be comical if it wasn't so depressingly transparent.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:03 PM 01-05-2022
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
"How dare Harris promote a completely legal non for profit whose mission statement is to help people afford their constitutionally protected right of bail, which has been approved by a judge!!! Yes, I am stupid."

Pull your head out of your ass and maybe you would notice I am addressing your stupid talking point. You just have no idea what it is you are angry about, so you can grasp what is being said.
Do you think this completely non partisan non profit should have bailed out the 1/6 rioters? And if you don't, do you feel maybe this "non partisan" non profit was acting on the orders from Senator Deepthroat and that's why they didn't? I'm sure you have a great explanation as to why that didn't happen, and I can't wait to hear it.

In the meantime, you calling me names and saying to pull my head out of my ass while you CONTINUE to dance around the subject absolutely makes you appear super intelligent and your outbursts totally justified and relevant. And trust me, nobody else is picking up on this, so you're likely safe there. You're an amusing dancing monkey, for sure.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:03 PM 01-05-2022
Harris didn't bail our rioters.

Harris promoted a non for profit whose mission statement is helping people afford bail.

The only thing worse then you attacking bail for political points like a chump, is how dishonest you have to be while doing it.

Dishonest and stupid is no way to go through life son.

/some white people sit in jail waiting trial for a few months and now all of a sudden conservatives are "concerned" about violent criminals who were rioting and looting getting to experience America criminal system. It would be comical if it wasn't so depressingly transparent.
Why are you making it about race?
[Reply]
mkp785 02:07 PM 01-05-2022
Look who's deflecting now. So why are you whining about this and NOT about the Trumper animals that tried to murder multiple cops while they were attempting to overthrow the government?
[Reply]
Bowser 02:11 PM 01-05-2022
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Look who's deflecting now. So why are whining about this and NOT about the Trumper animals that tried to murder a cop while they were attempting to overthrow the government?
Absolutely nobody brought up race before LoneMarxist. You have a problem with him answering the question as to why he brought it up. The rest of his post is just hot air anyway.

These "Trumper Animals" need to be punished to the full extent of the law if it can be proven in a court of law they attempted murder, there's no deflecting off of that point. While we're talking about it, burn the "Trumpers" right along with Michael Byrd. You good with that?
[Reply]
Loneiguana 02:25 PM 01-05-2022
Do you think this completely non partisan non profit should have bailed out the 1/6 rioters? And if you don't, do you feel maybe this "non partisan" non profit was acting on the orders from Senator Deepthroat and that's why they didn't? I'm sure you have a great explanation as to why that didn't happen, and I can't wait to hear it.

In the meantime, you calling me names and saying to pull my head out of my ass while you CONTINUE to dance around the subject absolutely makes you appear super intelligent and your outbursts totally justified and relevant. And trust me, nobody else is picking up on this, so you're likely safe there. You're an amusing dancing monkey, for sure.
Why wouldn't a non for profit whose mission statement is helping people with bail not help people? I mean, outside you projecting to continue to whine and be angry at bail.

And I have been addressing your stupid dishonest point. Again, you are just too dumb to get it.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 02:29 PM 01-05-2022
Because the only time you and other conservative dipshits have ever cared about pre trial jail time is now that white people are experiencing it.

Usually its "Don't do the crime if you cannot do the time." Until, of course, white people violently riot and destroy property. Then its "rotting away in jail for months on end". Your own word choice over the last page gives you away.

Transparent as can be.

"Bail is bad and encourages crime! Now, let me tell you about those poor conservatives rotting away in jail for months on end". :-)

As I've said it before, you don't even know what your mad at. You only know to parrot what the talking heads are tv tell you to be mad at.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 02:31 PM 01-05-2022
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Look who's deflecting now. So why are you whining about this and NOT about the Trumper animals that tried to murder multiple cops while they were attempting to overthrow the government?
"Bail encourages people to committee crimes. Harris was totally was out of line talking about a non for profit that helps afford bail. That is helping violent criminals! Anyway, did you hear about those poor conservatives rotting away in jail for months on end! The horror! They haven't even had a trial yet!!!"

Its classic conservative unawareness, where the only absolute truth is anything a democrat does bad, anything a conservative does good.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:51 PM 01-05-2022
Why wouldn't a non for profit whose mission statement is helping people with bail not help people? I mean, outside you projecting to continue to whine and be angry at bail.

And I have been addressing your stupid dishonest point. Again, you are just too dumb to get it.
No you haven't, you've been trying to deflect and disregard the point by going all pissed off yap dog. Super effective, by the way. Really. And really the problem you're having is that I'm not dumb enough to get sidetracked into a slap fight with you and realize you'd rather insult me than address my point.

I'll spell it out with crayons for you, junior - nobody is questioning the bail system in this country. Nobody is attacking the non profits that bail people out. The question is why did Heels Up make an effort to contribute to these non profits for the Peaceful Protestors yet did nothing for the 1/6 rioters? Do you think she had an agenda, maybe? Or was it just an unfortunate oversight on her part (lulz)?
[Reply]
Bowser 02:56 PM 01-05-2022
Because the only time you and other conservative dipshits have ever cared about pre trial jail time is now that white people are experiencing it.

Usually its "Don't do the crime if you cannot do the time." Until, of course, white people violently riot and destroy property. Then its "rotting away in jail for months on end". Your own word choice over the last page gives you away.

Transparent as can be.

"Bail is bad and encourages crime! Now, let me tell you about those poor conservatives rotting away in jail for months on end". :-)

As I've said it before, you don't even know what your mad at. You only know to parrot what the talking heads are tv tell you to be mad at.
So you have a problem with white people that commit crimes, but not minorities that commit crimes. Got it. You also see no issue with a sitting Senator bailing out those minorities that caused billions in damages across the country, but being eerily silent when it comes to white folks thrown in jail for committing crimes (that likely reside on the opposite side of the aisle whose votes can't be bought)

Who would have ever thought a homegrown commie in this country would be so into race baiting? I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell you. Well, not that shocked.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:01 PM 01-05-2022
Lone is Iranian..
[Reply]
Bowser 03:03 PM 01-05-2022
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Lone is Iranian..
I keep forgetting.

Speaking of which, I read Iran attacked an American base in Iraq either today or yesterday, but all their weapons broke apart in midair due to the superiority of the American defenses.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 03:09 PM 01-05-2022
No you haven't, you've been trying to deflect and disregard the point by going all pissed off yap dog. Super effective, by the way. Really. And really the problem you're having is that I'm not dumb enough to get sidetracked into a slap fight with you and realize you'd rather insult me than address my point.
Yes. I have.

You "Harris said some stuff about bail. The horror. Me angry."

Me, addressing your stupid point: "Um, bail is a constitutionally protected right granted by a judge......"

You "Me too stupid to get what you are saying."

Stop being so stupid and I would stop calling you stupid.

I'll spell it out with crayons for you, junior - nobody is questioning the bail system in this country. Nobody is attacking the non profits that bail people out. The question is why did Heels Up make an effort to contribute to these non profits for the Peaceful Protestors yet did nothing for the 1/6 rioters? Do you think she had an agenda, maybe? Or was it just an unfortunate oversight on her part (lulz)?
Interesting. You make a stupid comment pages back, and I guess now, you realize how stupid it was.

So you think adding "but but but she didn't mention 1/6 rioters" will some how save you dumbass. Sure, go ahead and change your argument to something just as dumb. You do you son.

But what a mystery. Why wouldn't Harris mention January 6th 2021 in a June first, 2020 tweet. I bet it is a political agenda!

I bet you are smart to figure that one out. Let us know! :-)
[Reply]
Page 21 of 24
« First < 111718192021 222324 >
Up