ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 24
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Dave Chapelle's "The Closer": He Fucking Roasts Everyone
AdolfOliverBush 11:30 AM 10-12-2021
Of course comedy is subjective, but I loved it. Chappelle absolutely does not give a rat's ass about backlash for his words. Comedy should be without limits. I think even us maniacs in CPDC who watch it will mostly give it a thumbs up.

Netflix chief Ted Sarandos defends controversial Dave Chappelle special in staff memo: Reports
Jenna Ryu
USA TODAY

Netflix co-CEO Ted Sarandos is defending his decision to keep comedian Dave Chappelle's controversial special "The Closer" on the streaming service.

In a Friday staff memo obtained by Variety and The Verge, Sarandos pledged Netflix's commitment to the special, despite backlash about the comedian's transphobic comments. "Chappelle is one of the most popular stand-up comedians today, and we have a long standing deal with him," Sarandos wrote in Chappelle's defense.

He continued: "As with our other talent, we work hard to support their creative freedom – even though this means there will always be content on Netflix some people believe is harmful, like 'Cuties,' '365 Days,' '13 Reasons Why,' or 'My Unorthodox Life.' "

Chappelle drew criticism for his comments in the special about the transgender community, including his defense of author J. K. Rowling, who previously conflated sex with gender and defended ideas suggesting that changing one's biological sex was a threat to her own gender identity.

"They canceled J.K. Rowling – my God," Chappelle said. "Effectually she said gender was a fact, the trans community got mad as (expletive), they started calling her a TERF… I'm Team TERF. I agree. I agree, man. Gender is a fact."

TERF is an acronym that stands for "trans exclusionary radical feminists" and describes feminists who are transphobic.

In the memo, Sarandos used Chappelle's previous special "Sticks & Stones" as an example, writing that it was also "controversial" and "our most watched, stickiest, and most award winning stand-up special to date."

USA TODAY has reached out to Netflix for comment.

Netflix CEO Ted Sarandos defended comedian Dave Chappelle's controversial comedy special, "The Closer." Sarandos also said Netflix doesn't believe that "The Closer" promotes hate speech.

"Several of you have also asked where we draw the line on hate. We don’t allow titles on Netflix that are designed to incite hate or violence, and we don’t believe 'The Closer' crosses that line," he said.

"I recognize, however, that distinguishing between commentary and harm is hard, especially with stand-up comedy which exists to push boundaries. Some people find the art of stand-up to be mean-spirited but our members enjoy it, and it’s an important part of our content offering."

"The Closer," the sixth installment in the comedian's Netflix deal, which the "Chappelle's Show" comedian describes as "his last special for a minute," includes tongue-in-cheek jokes about race, the coronavirus pandemic and negotiating "the release of DaBaby" after the rapper's homophobic comments.

Many on social media slammed Chappelle and the streaming platform, including writer Jaclyn Moore, who also serves as showrunner for Netflix's "Dear White People."

In-depth story:How trans 'Harry Potter' fans are grappling with J.K. Rowling's legacy after her transphobic comments

"I've been thrown against walls because, 'I'm not a "real" woman,' " Moore, who is transgender, tweeted. "I've had beer bottles thrown at me. So, @Netflix, I'm done."

Advocacy group GLAAD responded to the memo Monday.

“Netflix has a policy that content ‘designed to incite hate or violence’ is not allowed on the platform, but we all know that anti-LGBTQ content does exactly that," GLAAD said in a statement. "While Netflix is home to groundbreaking LGBTQ stories, now is the time for Netflix execs to listen to LGBTQ employees, industry leaders, and audiences and commit to living up to their own standards.”

Last week, the group tweeted that Chappelle's brand "has become synonymous with ridiculing trans people and other marginalized communities."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...ts/6094754001/
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:41 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Brought to you by the party that has people doing Nazi salutes and openly carrying nazi/confederate flags at their events.

New year, same stupid republican commentary.
Brought to you by a supporter of a party that endorsed the destruction of cities and degradation of children's education with continual forced remote learning.
[Reply]
mkp785 12:43 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Brought to you by a supporter of a party that endorsed the destruction of cities and degradation of children's education with continual forced remote learning.
Show me where Biden said that he wants American cities to burn and innocent people to die at the hands of BLM. Show me the quote.

Go ahead. I'll wait patiently.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:48 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Show me where Biden said that he wants American cities to burn and innocent people to die at the hands of BLM. Show me the quote.

Go ahead. I'll wait patiently.
You're the one who invoked Biden's name, not me.
[Reply]
mkp785 12:55 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
You're the one who invoked Biden's name, not me.
You said I support the party that endorses the destruction of cities....I asked for some proof of that assumption.

Unless you were talking to KC Lee-whose party in fact DOES endorse those things you accused me of.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:07 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by mkp785:
You said I support the party that endorses the destruction of cities....I asked for some proof of that assumption.

Unless you were talking to KC Lee-whose party in fact DOES endorse those things you accused me of.
Republicans are destroying cities via riots? That's news to me. Just stating it's idiotic to paint broad strokes over the actions of a few. Besides, it's Democrat supporters that advocate for the term of "complicity via inaction". By allowing the destruction of a community over the course of months because of their own sense of vigilante justice, democrats are most definitely supporters of those actions.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 01:08 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Show me where Biden said that he wants American cities to burn and innocent people to die at the hands of BLM. Show me the quote.

Go ahead. I'll wait patiently.
Is Biden the only member of the party?
[Reply]
mkp785 01:14 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Republicans are destroying cities via riots? That's news to me. Just stating it's idiotic to paint broad strokes over the actions of a few. Besides, it's Democrat supporters that advocate for the term of "complicity via inaction". By allowing the destruction of a community over the course of months because of their own sense of vigilante justice, democrats are most definitely supporters of those actions.
No, they're not. They support people standing up and peacefully protesting. No one wants anyone to die.

At least no one on the left. You should save some of your anger for the Trumpers from Charlottesville and Jan 6th. PizzaGaetz, Boebert, Madison Cathorne, Jim Jordan and MTQ have other ideas about peaceful protests.

Those are the villains here. No dems have reached those levels of sedition and trying to sow discontent within the American population.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:20 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by mkp785:
No, they're not. They support people standing up and peacefully protesting. No one wants anyone to die.

At least no one on the left. You should save some of your anger for the Trumpers from Charlottesville and Jan 6th. PizzaGaetz, Boebert, Madison Cathorne, Jim Jordan and MTQ have other ideas about peaceful protests.

Those are the villains here. No dems have reached those levels of sedition and trying to sow discontent within the American population.
I've exhausted quite a bit of ire against all of those individuals for years now. I think it's time to tilt that pendulum back the other way to ensure leftists in this country don't ruin everything while we're playing wack-a-mole with these right wing extremists. Maybe I'm sour grapes, but it's leftists who are busy shitting up the hobbies I enjoy lately, and their continual need to bust this nut of giving everyone handouts while we are seeing off the chart inflation is starting to piss me off.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 01:30 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I've exhausted quite a bit of ire against all of those individuals for years now. I think it's time to tilt that pendulum back the other way to ensure leftists in this country don't ruin everything while we're playing wack-a-mole with these right wing extremists. Maybe I'm sour grapes, but it's leftists who are busy shitting up the hobbies I enjoy lately, and their continual need to bust this nut of giving everyone handouts while we are seeing off the chart inflation is starting to piss me off.
Its sad when people get pissed off and imagined things.

You know you can control that, right? Not get mad at fake things?

It would be better for you.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:39 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Its sad when people get pissed off and imagined things.

You know you can control that, right? Not get mad at fake things?

It would be better for you.
Tell us more of how Kamala didn't raise money to bail looters out of jail during the Summer of Peaceful Protests.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:15 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Its sad when people get pissed off and imagined things.

You know you can control that, right? Not get mad at fake things?

It would be better for you.
I could link you posts about people review bombing creators for lack of representation, about creators getting review bombed for a stock photo of a frog being used as art that incidentally had the OK sign, or that designers in my hobby using colonialism in their theme is the worst thing ever or...but I'm not wasting my effort on you for this because you'll just agree with these lunatics.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 02:19 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Tell us more of how Kamala didn't raise money to bail looters out of jail during the Summer of Peaceful Protests.
For example, look at this mental midget getting angry at non-for-profit that raises money for the constitutionally mandated bail, which requires a judge to grant.

Imagine being so mentally weak, you are convinced bail, specifically protected in the constitution and that requires a judge to grant, is a bad thing that makes you angry.

Anyway, Trump told me he would pay my legal bills and to rough em up, so I need to go commit crimes.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 02:22 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I could link you posts about people review bombing creators for lack of representation, about creators getting review bombed for a stock photo of a frog being used as art that incidentally had the OK sign, or that designers in my hobby using colonialism in their theme is the worst thing ever or...but I'm not wasting my effort on you for this because you'll just agree with these lunatics.
Remember when you trotted out a lie about BBB and paying out to non working people? And we corrected you, pointing out that is was based on your income from the year past? And you doubled down and didn't let facts get in the way of your anger and wrongness?

You want to believe bull shit to get angry over. So, you do you. But don't lie to yourself and everyone else that is for any actual factual reason.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:42 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Remember when you trotted out a lie about BBB and paying out to non working people? And we corrected you, pointing out that is was based on your income from the year past? And you doubled down and didn't let facts get in the way of your anger and wrongness?

You want to believe bull shit to get angry over. So, you do you. But don't lie to yourself and everyone else that is for any actual factual reason.
Eyyyy, hope you can take your own advice the next time you try to misrepresent polls like the one about how West Virginians feel about the BBB
[Reply]
Bowser 02:47 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
For example, look at this mental midget getting angry at non-for-profit that raises money for the constitutionally mandated bail, which requires a judge to grant.

Imagine being so mentally weak, you are convinced bail, specifically protected in the constitution and that requires a judge to grant, is a bad thing that makes you angry.

Anyway, Trump told me he would pay my legal bills and to rough em up, so I need to go commit crimes.
Nobody noticed that you immediately tried to deflect off the subject of our now Vice President bailing out looters and rioters during the Summer of Love, so don't worry about your integrity here.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 24
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up