ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 53
« First < 414748495051 5253 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Gun owners: ready to surrender them yet?
Discuss Thrower 06:26 PM 01-19-2021
It's very simple. There will be a mass shooting event sooner than later.

It will be followed by a massive leak wherein everyone who can be traced to have owned a firearm in any capacity will be made public.

This mass shooting event will be blamed on the "alt right."

Thus the connotation will be made between gun ownership and "white nationalism / supremacy" where it is assumed if you're in one category you are, by definition, in the other. If you don't give up your guns then logically you are just like the terrorists who invaded the Capitol.

Do not say

you were

not warned.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:55 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
This guy "being a sheepdog" at Subway isn't gonna surrender his guns nor his $5 foot long meatball marinara on Italian herbs and cheese.

/2A supporter or not... I think we can all agree that this dude looks like a fucking tool.
This guy is making himself a target. Open carry has it's place, and I support responsible open carry. Dudes like this are just asking to be the first person shot if the worst were to happen.

Good news about that is the CC guy in line behind him will then be able to take out the shooter.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:01 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Appeals court finds age-based handgun purchase ban unconstitutional

PDF of ruling
The number one indicator of someone either being a victim, or perpetrator of gun violence is poverty.

Neither party has any interest in working to eliminate poverty. So they use the violence, and poverty, as a wedge issue.
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:04 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
This guy is making himself a target. Open carry has it's place, and I support responsible open carry. Dudes like this are just asking to be the first person shot if the worst were to happen.

Good news about that is the CC guy in line behind him will then be able to take out the shooter.
Right... if I am a shooter I pick him first and walk up behind him and either put a couple through the back of his chest or back of the head. While it is your right and I will defend that right... you are an idiot sir.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:02 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Right... if I am a shooter I pick him first and walk up behind him and either put a couple through the back of his chest or back of the head. While it is your right and I will defend that right... you are an idiot sir.
Indeed. The LAST thing I want is for people to know I have a gun. They have open carry here in Nebraska, but no way in hell I'm doing that. I've seen a few people with it, but it's pretty rare. I mean, if I was hunting and wanted a sidearm, sure, it's out in the woods. But I am not walking into town with that shit on my hip...
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:38 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
People make that claim all the time. But it never seems to hold water, and there's a reason for that.

It's because it's a silly theory.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:47 PM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by :
Dick Heller is probably laughing to himself today. Late yesterday, US District Judge Royce Lamberth ruled that Washington, D.C. is liable for six wrongful arrests made in the years after the D.C. vs Heller Supreme Court decision was handed down. The individuals in question were arrested between 2012 and 2014 for carrying handguns in public...

...Instead, Lamberth ruled, laws banning carrying firearms in public and nonresidents from registering firearms, and permitting the arrest of nonresidents for carrying weapons or ammunition without a license, “go the core of the Second Amendment.” The judge said the amendment preserves the “right of responsible citizens to carry firearms for personal self-defense beyond the home, subject to long-standing restrictions,” quoting the 2017 opinion, Wrenn v. District of Columbia...

“The District violated the plaintiffs’ Second Amendment rights by arresting them, detaining them, prosecuting them, and seizing their guns based on an unconstitutional set of D.C. laws,” Lamberth wrote....

...The ruling covered six individuals, but as many as 4500 people were arrested and 1900 prosecuted by the city during the years the laws were in place, so expect more claims for damages.

Federal Judge Rules Washington, DC is Liable for Post-Heller Wrongful Firearm Arrests
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:49 PM 10-01-2021
Hell yeah.

Fuck D.C.
[Reply]
banyon 02:53 PM 10-01-2021
You can't ignore SCOTUS rulings for years. Seems like a no brainer decision.
[Reply]
notorious 02:55 PM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
You can't ignore SCOTUS rulings for years. Seems like a no brainer decision.
Does DC have to shell out a ton of money now?
[Reply]
banyon 03:06 PM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Does DC have to shell out a ton of money now?
Looks like the opinion is here:

https://ecf.dcd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin...2015cv0737-141

The Court ruled in favor of the plaintiffs that their 2nd amendment rights were violated by the District. The exact amount they will have to shell out for these other 6 individuals will be determined either by a settlement agreement or by a jury/judge at a later date. The opinion does not say how much they pled in their demand.

I do see in other articles a statement that there might be as many as 4500 arrestees on this law in DC that could file similar claims.
[Reply]
notorious 04:33 PM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
Looks like the opinion is here:

https://ecf.dcd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin...2015cv0737-141

The Court ruled in favor of the plaintiffs that their 2nd amendment rights were violated by the District. The exact amount they will have to shell out for these other 6 individuals will be determined either by a settlement agreement or by a jury/judge at a later date. The opinion does not say how much they pled in their demand.

I do see in other articles a statement that there might be as many as 4500 arrestees on this law in DC that could file similar claims.
Ouch.

Yeah, they are going to feel it.
[Reply]
frozenchief 06:21 PM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Indeed. The LAST thing I want is for people to know I have a gun. They have open carry here in Nebraska, but no way in hell I'm doing that. I've seen a few people with it, but it's pretty rare. I mean, if I was hunting and wanted a sidearm, sure, it's out in the woods. But I am not walking into town with that shit on my hip...
To some degree it depends on where you are. In my state, outside of SE Alaska and outside of Anchorage, it's fairly common to see open carry. I estimate I see open carry about 1 out of every 3 times I go to the grocery store.

But myself - I open carry if I'm fishing or out in the woods. If i"m going to be in public, it's pretty much concealed carry.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:30 AM 10-06-2021
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:55 AM 10-06-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Spoiler!

Spoiler!
Not mostly peaceful! :-)
[Reply]
Aries Walker 11:55 AM 10-06-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
The number one indicator of someone either being a victim, or perpetrator of gun violence is poverty.

Neither party has any interest in working to eliminate poverty. So they use the violence, and poverty, as a wedge issue.
Biden just passed a Child Tax Credit worth thousands per year per child, and one part of the Build Back Better plan makes that permanent. If it's passed, that alone will lift millions of children out of poverty. That doesn't count?
[Reply]
Page 51 of 53
« First < 414748495051 5253 >
Up