ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 434 of 440
« First < 334384424430431432433434 435436437438 > Last »
The Lounge>***Official 2021 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:01 PM 01-07-2021
For all things Royals for the new year.

Free Agent Signings:
Carlos Santana
Mike Minor
Michael Taylor
Ervin Santana

Top 10 Prospects:
1 Bobby Witt Jr., SS
2 Asa Lacy, LHP
3 Daniel Lynch, LHP
4 Jackson Kowar, RHP
5 Erick Pena, OF
6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 04:29 PM 11-22-2021
If we're (and by that, I mean baseball) going to allow the cheating scumbag Astros to keep their tainted title, no reason to not allow Clemens, Bonds, A-Rod, etc. into the Hall.

Knock off the charade and the fake outrage over them while ignoring the most blatant incident of cheating in the last 100 years in MLB.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 04:32 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
If we're (and by that, I mean baseball) going to allow the cheating scumbag Astros to keep their tainted title, no reason to not allow Clemens, Bonds, A-Rod, etc. into the Hall.

Knock off the charade and the fake outrage over them while ignoring the most blatant incident of cheating in the last 100 years in MLB.
Not to mention that the writers themselves mostly ignored the steroid issue because it gave them easy stories to write every night.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:45 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Not to mention that the writers themselves mostly ignored the steroid issue because it gave them easy stories to write every night.
Sports writers are mainly loser nerds who hold way to a high of an opinion of themselves.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:35 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Sports writers are mainly loser nerds who hold way to a high of an opinion of themselves.

Hey whoa now…
[Reply]
tk13 12:31 PM 11-23-2021
Tampa locks up Wander.

Update with more details: Wander Franco’s deal with Tampa Bay is for 11 years and $185 million. There is a 12th-year option and the total value could jump to $223 million. @TBTimes_Rays was on deal being done, and @YancenPujols first reported talks between Franco and the Rays.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) November 23, 2021

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:52 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
Tampa locks up Wander.

There is the Bobby Witt salary comparison. Sherman needs to sell some more natural gas lol.
[Reply]
gblowfish 01:09 PM 11-23-2021
Does Wander roam around around around around...?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:10 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
Tampa locks up Wander.

That's my boy.

Duncan's fantasy baseball keepers, 2022: (we keep 10; start 14 position players and 10 pitchers, with a $300 salary cap)

Fernandito - 26
Bo Bichette - 10
Wander - 9
Kyle Tucker - 13
Brian Reynolds - 4
Daulton Varsho - 5
Chris Sale - 17
Jack Flaherty - 12
Emmanuel Clase - 4
Frankie Montas - 19

Leaving me $181 to spend.

I'ma gonna WIN.
[Reply]
kstater 01:24 PM 11-23-2021
I get the why. But man, the kid has played less than half a season

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:16 AM 11-24-2021

Wade Davis — a three-time All-Star, two-time reliever of the year finalist and World Series champion in 2015 — has retired. A storied Royals career. A level of dominance that will forever be hard to match.

— Alec Lewis (@alec_lewis) November 24, 2021

[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:18 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
That's my boy.

Duncan's fantasy baseball keepers, 2022: (we keep 10; start 14 position players and 10 pitchers, with a $300 salary cap)

Fernandito - 26
Bo Bichette - 10
Wander - 9
Kyle Tucker - 13
Brian Reynolds - 4
Daulton Varsho - 5
Chris Sale - 17
Jack Flaherty - 12
Emmanuel Clase - 4
Frankie Montas - 19

Leaving me $181 to spend.

I'ma gonna WIN.
Do you have salary escalators that kick in after a couple of years of control? Like $5 or $10 for Year 3 or something?
[Reply]
cabletech94 10:21 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
That dude was as nails as nails can be. I won’t remember his second stint with the R’s, there’s no need too. Wade Davis has earned his keep in Royals immortality.
[Reply]
bsp4444 10:42 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by kstater:
I get the why. But man, the kid has played less than half a season

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
He's also small framed. Doubt the end of that contract is pretty.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:40 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Do you have salary escalators that kick in after a couple of years of control? Like $5 or $10 for Year 3 or something?

Salary escalates $4 a year. I’m in good shape for the next 2-3 years and will try to add 1-2 cheap keepers in each draft.

May keep Logan Gilbert instead of Montas for $7, but Montas was SO good down the stretch and likely headed to a contender via trade. I’m hoping NL rather than AL East…
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:42 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by bsp4444:
He's also small framed. Doubt the end of that contract is pretty.

Why is that?

This extension covers his age 21-32 seasons. Drop-off is unlikely to be drastic at 31-32 because of his profile. Plate discipline and bat control and contact skills all typically age well, and those are his strengths.
[Reply]
Page 434 of 440
« First < 334384424430431432433434 435436437438 > Last »
Up