ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 364 of 1818
« First < 264314354360361362363364 3653663673683744144648641364 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Are you going to take the vaccine?
GloryDayz 08:48 AM 12-01-2020
I know I'm going to try to be first in line, but what about the rest of you? I'm not sure if the death count is where the science community wants it to be, plus Birdbrain hasn't been sworn in, so I expect there will be delays, but that's beside the point.

You can be honest.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:19 PM 06-25-2021
Reuters

Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
EXCLUSIVE WHO estimates COVID-19 boosters needed yearly for most vulnerable
Francesco Guarascio

BRUSSELS, June 24 (Reuters) - The World Health Organization (WHO) forecasts that people most vulnerable to COVID-19, such as the elderly, will need to get an annual vaccine booster to be protected against variants, an internal document seen by Reuters shows.

The estimate is included in a report, which is to be discussed on Thursday at a board meeting of Gavi, a vaccine alliance that co-leads the WHO's COVID-19 vaccine programme COVAX. The forecast is subject to changes and is also paired with two other less likely scenarios.

Vaccine makers Moderna Inc (MRNA.O) and Pfizer Inc (PFE.N), with its German partner BioNTech (22UAy.DE), have been vocal in their view that the world will soon need booster shots to maintain high levels of immunity, but the evidence for this is still unclear.

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...le-2021-06-24/


Once you get on the train, you're not getting off.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:22 PM 06-25-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Ok. Iíve already said. The vax should be mandatory. Required for any interaction with government, to return to work, to go to school, etc.

Also the lotteries seem to be working very well so why not fun one for each state.
I'd like to see everyone get the vaccine, but this isn't the way to get it done. The US will never get anywhere near a 100% vaccination rate, and probably never get to 75%. At some point, you have to say, "Fuck it, we tried", and go about your business. People have the information they need, and they've had plenty of time. If they catch Covid and die, it's on them.
[Reply]
Donger 12:26 PM 06-25-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
As of 14 June, there have been 73 deaths in England of people who were confirmed as having the Delta variant and who died within 28 days of a positive test, and of these:

34 (47%) were unvaccinated
10 (14%) were more than 21 days after their first dose of vaccine
26 (36%) were more than 14 days after their second dose


https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57525891.amp


Hmmmm.
Are you presenting that as reason to not get vaccinated?
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 12:41 PM 06-25-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Forcing a vaccine onto a populace is not an incentive, it's totalitarian nonsense that goes against the tenets of this country. You'd understand that if you could think critically.

So have you gotten the covid 19 vaccine?
[Reply]
Donger 12:44 PM 06-25-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
So have you gotten the covid 19 vaccine?
What are you trying to accomplish here?
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 12:47 PM 06-25-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I'd like to see everyone get the vaccine, but this isn't the way to get it done. The US will never get anywhere near a 100% vaccination rate, and probably never get to 75%. At some point, you have to say, "Fuck it, we tried", and go about your business. People have the information they need, and they've had plenty of time. If they catch Covid and die, it's on them.

If the virus couldnt mutate I would agree. But the longer itís here the more likely a mutation renders the vaccines much less effective, or ineffective.

Look my objective is eradication of covid. I donít want to go through another year like 2020 ever again.

So I think we might be close to the point where investing in global vaccination support / delivery is most effective, but Iím not interested in pseudoscientific nonsense about the vaccines. Itís amazingly same and very very effective. Iím here for all the carrots and all the sticks. We should have lotteries, we should give everyone who gets it $100, we should mandate it.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:03 PM 06-25-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Ok. Iíve already said. The vax should be mandatory. Required for any interaction with government, to return to work, to go to school, etc.

Also the lotteries seem to be working very well so why not fun one for each state.
I dont necessarily agree, but I did have a humorous thought about how things would go if in today's climate had we tried making the same vaccines that are already mandotory for children... mandatory. There would be so much pushback, and that's mostly because the internet has had the opposite of what we thought its' intended effect would be (folks reinforcing their biases with false information rather than seeking out the truth).
[Reply]
True North 01:04 PM 06-25-2021
Mutating is what viruses do. Forcing mass vaccinations on everyone isn't going to change nature.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:05 PM 06-25-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I dont necessarily agree, but I did have a humorous thought about how things would go if in today's climate had we tried making the same vaccines that are already mandotory for children... mandatory. There would be so much pushback, and that's mostly because the internet has had the opposite of what we thought its' intended effect would be (folks reinforcing their biases with false information rather than seeking out the truth).
Holy shit, you'd have conspiratards jumping out of high-rise windows 9/11 style, just to escape the draconian medical tyranny about to be inflicted on them. :-)
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:06 PM 06-25-2021
The Truth is 30 years of mRNA research never netted a viable vaccine till Covid19. And people trying to claim its already showing results are insane.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:07 PM 06-25-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
If the virus couldnt mutate I would agree. But the longer itís here the more likely a mutation renders the vaccines much less effective, or ineffective.

Look my objective is eradication of covid. I donít want to go through another year like 2020 ever again.

So I think we might be close to the point where investing in global vaccination support / delivery is most effective, but Iím not interested in pseudoscientific nonsense about the vaccines. Itís amazingly same and very very effective. Iím here for all the carrots and all the sticks. We should have lotteries, we should give everyone who gets it $100, we should mandate it.
Not going to happen. We have eradicated very few diseases and Covid isn't a good candidate to join smallpox.

Most scientists believe Covid will become endemic and that's why it is probably better for the young and healthy to get it now to increase their protection for the future.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:07 PM 06-25-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Holy shit, you'd have conspiratards jumping out of high-rise windows 9/11 style, just to escape the draconian medical tyranny about to be inflicted on them. :-)
The bill 2006, signed by DeSantis that bans vaccine passports includes forced vaccination of citizens and give dystopian powers to the head of our Florida's health. I guess we have a surgeon general too, because that's what they call him.
[Reply]
Donger 01:07 PM 06-25-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Holy shit, you'd have conspiratards jumping out of high-rise windows 9/11 style, just to escape the draconian medical tyranny about to be inflicted on them. :-)
Hmmmm. I'm re-considering my opinion on this matter...
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:07 PM 06-25-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
The Truth is 30 years of mRNA research never netted a viable vaccine till Covid19. And people trying to claim its already showing results are insane.
I'm guessing you're being obtuse. There's no way you actually believe this.
[Reply]
Donger 01:09 PM 06-25-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
The Truth is 30 years of mRNA research never netted a viable vaccine till Covid19. And people trying to claim its already showing results are insane.
Umm, what?
[Reply]
Page 364 of 1818
« First < 264314354360361362363364 3653663673683744144648641364 > Last »
Up