ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 96 of 114
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!


Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!


Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!



I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:11 PM 01-06-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Just finished season 4 of Gomorrah. Wowwwwwwww............

The first two seasons are super dark and fairly linear. The third season takes it on a slightly different path that's still intense. And then season 4 involves a very different arc and is a bit more complex (and relaxed) but concludes brilliantly.

What a show. Excited so many of you are giving it a try. I can't really stack it up against things like The Wire, Sopranos, and Boardwalk Empire in an apples-to-apples way given the language/subtitles/dubbing. but it's as enjoyable as anything I've ever watched aside from maybe Game of Thrones.

Season 5 is already out in Italy in its entirety and just premiered in the UK. Coming to HBO Max some time early next year.
Did you watch the movie that is supposed to breach between season 2 and 3 called The Immortal? We have t seen it yet but about 2 episodes from finishing season 4. Gonna watch it after this season.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:44 AM 01-07-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Trying to decide whether to check out. Tough to tell if it'll be bonkers bad or bonkers good, but the reviews are coming in and seem promising.

throughout though; I didn't know if that was Juliette Lewis or the Crypt Keeper.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 11:10 AM 01-07-2022
I'm 3/4s of the way thru season two of Gomorra. Watching with subtitles. I don't think an episode goes by without multiple deaths of characters you know. The only thing that surprises me is that the characters don't walk around with body armor since someone apparently gets shot every 27 minutes. Much, much darker than the Sopranos and Breaking Bad, and without the comedic breaks. No Pauly Walnuts trying to get Christopher to pick up the tab.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:23 AM 01-07-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
I'm 3/4s of the way thru season two of Gomorra. Watching with subtitles. I don't think an episode goes by without multiple deaths of characters you know. The only thing that surprises me is that the characters don't walk around with body armor since someone apparently gets shot every 27 minutes. Much, much darker than the Sopranos and Breaking Bad, and without the comedic breaks. No Pauly Walnuts trying to get Christopher to pick up the tab.
I actually just finished season 1 of Gomorrah while finishing season 5 and 6 of the Sopranos (my first time through the show) and it strikes a nice balance for me. I watch one episode of Gomorrah and 2 episodes of the Sopranos.

The contrast between ultra violence on mopeds and Cadillacs and titty bars is doubly entertaining.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:27 PM 01-07-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I actually just finished season 1 of Gomorrah while finishing season 5 and 6 of the Sopranos (my first time through the show) and it strikes a nice balance for me. I watch one episode of Gomorrah and 2 episodes of the Sopranos.

The contrast between ultra violence on mopeds and Cadillacs and titty bars is doubly entertaining.
First time through Sopranos huh?

It was a couple years ago when I went through it. It was really good IMO. Obviously some of the stuff is dated but there were some really good performances IMO. Much like the wire - dated but excellent
[Reply]
rocknrolla 12:36 PM 01-07-2022
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
throughout though; I didn't know if that was Juliette Lewis or the Crypt Keeper.
Every time I see her, thats what I have said to myself.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:37 PM 01-07-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
First time through Sopranos huh?

It was a couple years ago when I went through it. It was really good IMO. Obviously some of the stuff is dated but there were some really good performances IMO. Much like the wire - dated but excellent
When it was on, I was seeing a chick who's family was really into the show and she preferred medigans if you know what I'm saying. So I wasn't really welcome over to watch and she hated it.

I only have a few episodes left and its easily one of my all time favorite shows. I could see myself going through it again at some point.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:57 PM 01-07-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
When it was on, I was seeing a chick who's family was really into the show and she preferred medigans if you know what I'm saying. So I wasn't really welcome over to watch and she hated it.

I only have a few episodes left and its easily one of my all time favorite shows. I could see myself going through it again at some point.
Yeah. I was a poor high school/college student when it was on.

Iím contemplating doing it again before I dump HBO again
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:41 PM 01-07-2022
Originally Posted by rocknrolla:
Every time I see her, thats what I have said to myself.
Beautiful minds.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:26 PM 01-08-2022
For fans of Top Gear, stop what you are doing and watch Clarkson's Farm on Amazon prime. Hilarious.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:32 PM 01-08-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
For fans of Top Gear, stop what you are doing and watch Clarkson's Farm on Amazon prime. Hilarious.
Earlier convo

Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
If you want something that is bucolic and amiable, while also being interesting;



Obviously, it has the Clarkson 'stamp.' He mucks about and fuddy-duddies. Some of it is played up for camera and some of it is hand-waved for time and editing, but it's a great little primer look into the complexities of operating a modern farm.

And much of it a GORGEOUS. He has some beautiful pastures and the cinematographers are good at catching little slices of beauty and wildlife and weather to intersperse the narrative.

On Amazon Prime.
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I watched an episode. I may throw it on in the winter when I have office work to do. I’m definitely not the target market for this.

Fucking pretentious brits and their fucking tram lines. :-)
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
It's turned out really popular. Thought I saw it was the most-watched property in Amazon Prime 'history,' though I haven't confirmed.

I think whether it's 'target market' depends on what you're looking for. It's certainly not a serious treatise on farming, but it's a pitch-perfect use of Clarkson's talent. And for such a cantankerous guy, it's quite wholesome and comforting.
Also, coincidentally, I recall 3 separate Farm news bits coming across my feed this week

1 - season 2 is moving along swimmingly
2 - Clarkson has taken a sabbatical from operations until March
3 - Township turned down zoning for a restaurant.

Related - Hammond has opened a car restoration operation in the vein of Leno, and there's a series on the activities there, but I haven't checked it out yet, just the youtube/drivetribe clips on the opening of the facility.


[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:45 PM 01-08-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. I was a poor high school/college student when it was on.

Iím contemplating doing it again before I dump HBO again
I watched The Soporanos in its entirety for the first time in 2010 and really enjoyed it.

But if I'm gonna watch an HBO gangster show again, I think it's Boardwalk Empire I'd be focused on.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:17 AM 01-09-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I watched The Soporanos in its entirety for the first time in 2010 and really enjoyed it.

But if I'm gonna watch an HBO gangster show again, I think it's Boardwalk Empire I'd be focused on.
Iím about to start ZeroZeroZero on Prime. Looks to be a good one.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:05 PM 01-09-2022
S2 Trailer


[Reply]
PackerinMo 09:19 PM 01-09-2022
Steve the Pirate has come a long way.
[Reply]
Page 96 of 114
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106 > Last »
Up