ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 94 of 171
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:32 AM 12-18-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Is there a way to have it in Italian with subtitles...the overdubs are like Squid Games.

I've tried twice to get through episode one....does it start ruff then get better?

You seem emphatic but I havent connected to it...acting felt stiff.
On HBO you have to back out of the player and there is an option before you click play
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:47 AM 12-18-2021
Is there a way to have it in Italian with subtitles...the overdubs are like Squid Games.

I've tried twice to get through episode one....does it start ruff then get better?

It gets ridiculously good, at least to me. I connected with it fairly quick. But yeah I’d give it an episode or 2 more.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:51 PM 12-18-2021

Yeah, I actually watched the first episode in Italian with subtitles. But then I realized if I'm going to get through 4 seasons of this show, I'm going to need to make it a bit less arduous of a journey where if I look down at my phone for 10 seconds I don't miss an important part of the story.

I've never really watched anything dubbed before - I always prefer subtitles - but I quickly got to the point where it seemed completely natural.

I would give it 3 episodes and if you're not into it, move on.

And CL, mid-way through season 2. I can't wait to catch up to that point!
[Reply]
HemiEd 10:55 PM 12-18-2021
This six season series on Netflix has me absolutely captivated.

The series takes place just over about a hundred years ago, a time period I find very interesting as my grandparents would have been young adults.

It is extremely well done with top rate actors and actresses and seemingly no expense spared.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:53 PM 12-19-2021
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
This six season series on Netflix has me absolutely captivated.

The series takes place just over about a hundred years ago, a time period I find very interesting as my grandparents would have been young adults.

It is extremely well done with top rate actors and actresses and seemingly no expense spared.
I really enjoyed most of that show but it got a bit tedious at the end.

There's a new show called Gilded Age by the DT creator coming to HBO late next month that's basically the show transported to NY.
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:57 AM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I really enjoyed most of that show but it got a bit tedious at the end.

There's a new show called Gilded Age by the DT creator coming to HBO late next month that's basically the show transported to NY.
Interesting, thanks.

I am into season four now and it seems to have gotten over the hump a bit, but I can sense what you are talking about is coming.

I would rate it in the top 5 series I have enjoyed on Netflix and Amazon.

We are on Dish for the last few years, so we no longer get HBO. We had DTV for over 20 years but their attitude change became tiresome compared to when they were an independant company.

I checked into buying a couple HBO series and holy crap, $30 for one season.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:54 AM 12-20-2021
The Starved Rock Murders on HBO Max is a good watch*

Its a 3 part documentary on the 1960 murders of 3 women in the state park. Its unique in the fact that its created by the son of the state prosecutor who put the killer away for life but there's some questions about his possible innocence. So there's a personal connection as he seeks out the truth, often times doubting the work of his own father and idol growing up.

Its not Steven Avery gripping, but its a good story and well made. Took like 10 years in the making. Every person featured in the documentary is a true character.

Fun fact, I had never heard of these murders until scrolling through HBO Max last night but during the pandemic the wife and I would drive down to Starved Rock every so often just to get out of the city for a day. We took a selfie in the canyon where the womens bodies were found. I'm sure there's a gazillion selfies taken there a year but its kind of ominous to look at the pic now.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
unlurking 10:31 AM 12-20-2021
Been looking for something lighthearted and fun (way too much dark and heavy stuff in my queue) and found "The Great". Much better than I expected.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:47 PM 12-24-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Oh HELL Yeah!!!!

[Reply]
KCUnited 07:19 AM 12-25-2021
The Silent Sea on Netflix is off to a really good start. Rattled off 3 episodes last night like nothing.

Sci-fi with some familiar faces from Squid Games and Train To Busan (must see movie).

[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:01 PM 12-28-2021
It's a series in that it airs once every year, and it's must-watch because it's become one of my favorite year-end things over time. So rather than bothering with a new thread, just put it here

That time again

[Reply]
Miles 10:39 PM 12-28-2021
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Been looking for something lighthearted and fun (way too much dark and heavy stuff in my queue) and found "The Great". Much better than I expected.

Hilarious show. Really enjoyed that one.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 04:26 AM 12-30-2021
Just finished season 1 of Gomorrah, incredible.
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:14 AM 12-31-2021
That time again

one of my favorite jokes was carr doing background vocals for ed sheeran. i lost my shit: Huh-Haaaaaaaaah!

i assume you probably have watched the following? funny as, per usual!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:31 AM 12-31-2021
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
i assume you probably have watched the following? funny as, per usual!
Not yet, but on the agenda. Thanks.

EDIT - actually I saw the BFQoE clear back last January. I thought you had somehow already found the one soon to air for THIS year. So yeah, seen it, enjoyed it, fell a LITTLE infatuated with Oti Mabuse [if you haven't had the chance to see her on the British version of those dancing shows, that's her thing, she's the pro dancer who coaches the celebs, basically GBs version of Julianne Hough].

EDIT EDIT - here you go [I swear at :25 in, even SHAKIRA grabbed a notepad and started scribbling].

[Reply]
Page 94 of 171
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144 > Last »
Up