ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 27
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Potential 1st round Targets
RunKC 11:48 AM 04-12-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It's likely the Bucs or Packers if we do.

I don't know why you're so certain that the Packers won't trade back simply because they have 11 picks, yet you are also so sure that the Cardinals, with their 11 picks, trade back from 4 and miss out on an elite talent. Makes zero sense. It makes more sense for the Pakcers to trade back considering their needs are low valued positions.
Packers have had a myriad of early draft picks in back-to-back years now. Feels like they will probably move up. And why wouldn’t they?

I get the hype about MHJ but the Cardinals were rumored to want an absolute haul for 4. They won’t get three 1’s but could probably get two 1’s and a 2nd at base value to build up their team so I get it.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:25 PM 04-12-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Packers have had a myriad of early draft picks in back-to-back years now. Feels like they will probably move up. And why wouldn’t they?

I get the hype about MHJ but the Cardinals were rumored to want an absolute haul for 4. They won’t get three 1’s but could probably get two 1’s and a 2nd at base value to build up their team so I get it.
No, the Cardinals are rumored to want an absolute haul to even consider trading is more accurate. The conversation starts at 3 1st round picks, becuase it's clearly going to take a lot to move off of MHJ.

There's not a team with more value in draft capital than the Cardinals. You saying the Packers won't trade back because they have 11 picks, but that the Cardinals surely will, makes no sense dude.

The Cardinals would be passing on an elite talent that they can't get outside of the top 10. The Packers wouldn't be losing nearly as much trading back a few spots at the end of the 1st. Use some critical thinking skills.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:40 PM 04-12-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:

No, the Cardinals are rumored to want an absolute haul to even consider trading is more accurate. The conversation starts at 3 1st round picks, becuase it's clearly going to take a lot to move off of MHJ.

There's not a team with more value in draft capital than the Cardinals. You saying the Packers won't trade back because they have 11 picks, but that the Cardinals surely will, makes no sense dude.

The Cardinals would be passing on an elite talent that they can't get outside of the top 10. The Packers wouldn't be losing nearly as much trading back a few spots at the end of the 1st. Use some critical thinking skills.
For three years in a row the Packers have had at least 4 picks in the top 100. In all 3 years, 3 of those 4 picks were in the top 58. They’ve been loaded with assets for years now.

The Cardinals don’t have any additional draft picks after this season. If a team like the Vikings gives them 11, 23 and a 2025 1st that might be more instrumental for them.

Look at their shit roster dude. Paris Johnson got moved to RT and Jonah Williams or Kelvin Beachum is their LT. Yikes. They’ve got McBride, Kyler, Baker…and? That roster is one of the worst in the NFL.

I get MHJ is a great talent but that team desperately needs assets to build up their roster. Hell if they got 11 and 23 they could get their LT (Fashanu, Fuaga) and their WR. (Thomas Jr?) and have another first next year.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:56 PM 04-12-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
For three years in a row the Packers have had at least 4 picks in the top 100. In all 3 years, 3 of those 4 picks were in the top 58. They’ve been loaded with assets for years now.

The Cardinals don’t have any additional draft picks after this season. If a team like the Vikings gives them 11, 23 and a 2025 1st that might be more instrumental for them.

Look at their shit roster dude. Paris Johnson got moved to RT and Jonah Williams or Kelvin Beachum is their LT. Yikes. They’ve got McBride, Kyler, Baker…and? That roster is one of the worst in the NFL.

I get MHJ is a great talent but that team desperately needs assets to build up their roster. Hell if they got 11 and 23 they could get their LT (Fashanu, Fuaga) and their WR. (Thomas Jr?) and have another first next year.
You keep ignoring the fact that the Cardinals have no blue chippers and absolutely nobody at WR.

All indications are that they really want MHJ, and their enormous asking price backs it up. Everything they've said/done screams we're more than happy taking the #1 player on our board at 4.

Also, the Vikings aren't giving 3 1st round picks when they don't have to. The Chargers are far more desperate for a trade down, and would probably do it for 11, 23, and some change.

As for the Packers, there's no difference in the caliber of player from 25-32. Just because they've had a ton of picks the last few years doesn't mean they wouldn't move down a few spots to add more to their 2025 draft, while still getting their guy at 32. Their needs are S, LB, and IOL. They can likely get the top player at either of those at 32.

You arent making any sense.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 12:09 PM 04-12-2024
If Nix and to a lesser extent Penix is still on the board at 32, I could see us trading down for more picks in the top 100 and maybe a early round pick next year. Having the 5th year option on a franchise QB extends your window a year. It is more valuable to have that than to have a 5th year at any other position.
[Reply]
Chargem 06:39 AM 04-13-2024
I think I really don't want a trade up. If there isn't a tackle or a receiver there at 32 who will make the offense much better then there is going to be a stud defender I think.

I would rather we went O than D, but if that's how it falls I really don't care too much.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 07:34 AM 04-13-2024
Guys, I have a new draft crush and his name is Rome Odunze. Worth the move up. Ultra safe guy who would slay in our offense. In a lot of ways, his game actually reminds me of Travis Kelce - crazy but hear me out.
He is so good at understanding what the defense is doing and finding little soft spots in zone coverage.
He often sucks the whole defense towards him creating space for other players.
He finds a way to fight through contact to get to the ball.
Excellent at being a QB friendly target, working back to Penix when the play breaks down, and often has a good sense of when that is happening, even before route development.
Excellent at tracking and adjusting to the throw.
Good at catching the ball and picking his way through the defense.
Ultra competitive, hard-working, smart kid.

What I worry about: Can you please just attack the ball with your hands? Lets a lot of balls get into his body.
Can we resolve the juggling catches? I worry about that, especially with a larger NFL ball.
He is probably not running by anyone at the NFL level.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:24 AM 04-13-2024
Man, we'd have to give up the farm to go get him. He's going in the top ten, right?

Mahomes was worth the move up, clearly. Does this kid bring the same Mahomes-ian impact to our team at his position, because he'd have to if we're going to give up the capital to draft him.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 09:34 AM 04-13-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Man, we'd have to give up the farm to go get him. He's going in the top ten, right?

Mahomes was worth the move up, clearly. Does this kid bring the same Mahomes-ian impact to our team at his position, because he'd have to if we're going to give up the capital to draft him.
I really think if he falls to 9 you have to at least call the Bears and ask. They are desperate for more draft capital this year, imo. They only have what, four picks? Poles job is probably safe next year after drafting Caleb, so you can tap next year too. I think a lighter package gets it done just because they need the picks.
[Reply]
Chargem 09:47 AM 04-13-2024

Yeah Odunze going top 10, its not worth thinking about.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:20 AM 04-13-2024
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Yeah Odunze going top 10, its not worth thinking about.
If we make a move up for a WR it would be get ahead of Buffalo for the last 1st round WR talent on the board.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:22 AM 04-13-2024
Why wouldn't Pit trade with us? ...out of curiosity.

Why not MIA? We've done good business together in the past, so what we knocked them out they sucked anyways lol

Rams at 19? I live in LA and can't name a single player outside of Stafford and Puca (need some coffee).
[Reply]
Bowser 11:28 AM 04-13-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:

Why not MIA? We've done good business together in the past, so what we knocked them out they sucked anyways lol

Rams at 19? I live in LA and can't name a single player outside of Stafford and Puca (need some coffee).
I can't see any AFC team allowing us to jump ahead of them in the draft, much less a couple of AFC teams that made the playoffs last year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:44 AM 04-15-2024
I can't see any AFC team allowing us to jump ahead of them in the draft, much less a couple of AFC teams that made the playoffs last year.
Pittsburgh knows their fight isn't with us. They're not getting through us without a QB to speak of. But if they can strengthen their roster to the point that they're able to win the North and maybe stay out of our lane for a round or two, perhaps they can win ugly against someone else and hope we get taken out.

So if trading back with us helps them in their fight to win the North, it makes a lot of sense for them.

There's really no reason for Pittsburgh not to trade with us. That's not a team that's going to beat us straight up and I think they know that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:41 AM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:

Well there's....uh....

I mean they have....that guy...uh....

Shit - you're right.

Stafford, Puca and Kupp. And a bunch of nothin'.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 27
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Up