Broncos Receive:

Russell Wilson
4th Round Pick

— Allan Bell (@AllanBell247) March 8, 2022

[Reply]
RunKC 09:35 AM 10-07-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I mean....huh?
Rodgers chose to stay in GB over ever even trying to force a trade to Denver. I think he knew how bad Hackett was. Who better to know that than him?

The point is if Rodgers did go to Denver like Broncos fans had originally hoped, I think he’d look washed too.

Hackett is terrible, their OL is terrible, their top 2 WR’s have dropped more passes than any other teams too 2 receivers and there’s no talent at all at TE.

Much to Denver’s dismay, and to our joy, they don’t have any pieces for any QB at all. And now their GM has solidified that by foolishly handing an elite QB contract to Russell and giving up 2 years worth of early draft picks. He’s really put them in a nasty position that could take 3-4 years to rebuild….which I’m sure he will be long gone by then and this mess will be handed to the next GM to clean up.

TLDR: Denver sucks everywhere on offense and Rodgers or Wilson doesn’t change that
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:38 AM 10-07-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Rodgers chose to stay in GB over ever even trying to force a trade to Denver. I think he knew how bad Hackett was. Who better to know that than him?

The point is if Rodgers did go to Denver like Broncos fans had originally hoped, I think he’d look washed too.

Hackett is terrible, their OL is terrible, their top 2 WR’s have dropped more passes than any other teams too 2 receivers and there’s no talent at all at TE.

Much to Denver’s dismay, and to our joy, they don’t have any pieces for any QB at all. And now their GM has solidified that by foolishly handing an elite QB contract to Russell and giving up 2 years worth of early draft picks. He’s really put them in a nasty position that could take 3-4 years to rebuild….which I’m sure he will be long gone by then and this mess will be handed to the next GM to clean up.

TLDR: Denver sucks everywhere on offense and Rodgers or Wilson doesn’t change that
Except that Rodgers doesn't miss Hamler. Rodgers doesn't miss every single deep shot he took. Rodgers doesn't hold the ball too long or throw it late over the chute.

Rodgers and Wilson aren't on the same plane right now. Rodgers may not be able to make his team orders of magnitude better than it is (though that's arguable) - but he damn sure doesn't make it substantially worse.

Right now that's exactly what Russell Wilson is doing. Any problem Denver has is being magnified by the disaster they have under center.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:43 AM 10-07-2022
As a resident of Denver, I'll at least give Broncos fans credit. They're often annoyingly optimistic, but this season I feel like they've been 100% realistic about the fact that their franchise is screwed for the forseeable future. This post-game broadcast is so direct, it's almost refreshing.

Broncos local station apologizes to audience for the terrible football game, launches into marvelous criticism pic.twitter.com/kqT6mREWwt

— Timothy Burke (@bubbaprog) October 7, 2022

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:14 AM 10-07-2022
It's an ugly loss for a team with a newly acquired franchise QB. However, I expect the Broncos to turn it on in the second half of the season. They're not in a groove offensively just yet but they have a lot of talent on defense. (The Colts will fade sooner than later.)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:15 AM 10-07-2022
The meme’s are delicious today

“Maybe Drew Lock wasn’t so bad after all” pic.twitter.com/33xFc5qK3o

— ������ (@nesmithenjoyer) October 7, 2022

[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:18 AM 10-07-2022
Why did they just up and give him all that money? We did that for matt before he played a snap and it was a terrible decision. He proved nothing and they paid him like he had some great season there and now they are stuck with him. Glad they did it but that was a stupid decision they can't get out of now. Same with Dallas and Dak. They are stuck with him and he's a loser.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:19 AM 10-07-2022

After the 12-9 loss in OT, Russell Wilson ends his press conference with "Broncos Country, let's ride."

�� @MySportsUpdate pic.twitter.com/BcRxiutGHj

— NFL on CBS �� (@NFLonCBS) October 7, 2022

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:19 AM 10-07-2022
RunKC saying he'd rather have Wilson than Rodgers was...off base.

The biggest feather in Denver's cap in that whole exchange was that they had so much flexibility in Russ's contract because the structure of it gave him a lower base salary and the signing bonuses hit Seattle's cap. They had an opportunity to use that flexibility to their advantage.

Instead they just set it all on fire and doubled down on a mediocre QB.

Just fucked this thing up coming and going. And if my memory on the extension is correct, it came during camp - right? They'd seen him play. They had to realize something was amiss.

Just remarkably awful.
Rumor was embaRuss wasn’t going to play a snap until he signed his new contract. That’s why he didn’t play in PS.
[Reply]
carcosa 10:27 AM 10-07-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
It's an ugly loss for a team with a newly acquired franchise QB. However, I expect the Broncos to turn it on in the second half of the season.
Turn what on lol
[Reply]
FringeNC 10:30 AM 10-07-2022
Except that Rodgers doesn't miss Hamler. Rodgers doesn't miss every single deep shot he took. Rodgers doesn't hold the ball too long or throw it late over the chute.

Rodgers and Wilson aren't on the same plane right now. Rodgers may not be able to make his team orders of magnitude better than it is (though that's arguable) - but he damn sure doesn't make it substantially worse.

Right now that's exactly what Russell Wilson is doing. Any problem Denver has is being magnified by the disaster they have under center.
Agreed, but has there ever been a case of an elite QB (Russell Wilson could very well be the highest rates QB of all-time that has 10+ years in the league) that goes to a new team and shits the bed like this? It's stunning. Props to Pete Carroll and that staff for getting as much out of Wilson as they did.
[Reply]
crispystl 10:50 AM 10-07-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
The cherry on top will be when Seattle drafts a franchise QB with one of Denver's picks.
Yes that would be absolutely beautiful. The cherry on top indeed.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:11 AM 10-07-2022
Denver's defense is hard to measure. The Colts and 49ers have serious offensive limitations. The Raiders offense looked fine against Denver.

It's still early enough in the season. I hope Wilson continues to suck but maybe it's just growing pains and/or he's still bitter about how it ended in Seattle. Think Bret Hart when he first joined WCW.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:13 AM 10-07-2022
Pete Carrol looks like a genius, throw in what he's done with Geno Smith.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:14 AM 10-07-2022
So when is the earliest the Donks can get out of this glorious contract of theirs? Surely they can't cut him after this season, right? They're stuck with him for at least... 4? 5 seasons?

Eeeeexcellent.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:17 AM 10-07-2022
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Agreed, but has there ever been a case of an elite QB (Russell Wilson could very well be the highest rates QB of all-time that has 10+ years in the league) that goes to a new team and shits the bed like this? It's stunning. Props to Pete Carroll and that staff for getting as much out of Wilson as they did.
As some pointed out in this thread (some more strongly than me, even) - the wheels have been wobbling on ol' AlbatRuss for some time now.

That 2nd half when he was said to be healthy and Pete was 'letting Russ cook' was ugly. The guy was directly responsible for 2-3 losses in there. He was on the decline already - some folks just didn't want to admit it and tended to put the blame at Carroll's feet.

I don't think he's THIS bad (because Matt Cassel wasn't THIS bad), but he's clearly not close to his peak.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 66
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864 > Last »
Up