ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 185
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116166 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:28 PM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by Bump:
if he becomes a superstar we need a good nickname for him after a Greek God. If he has a killer swim move, Poseidon could work. Or Cerberus because I've already heard people say he's a dog.
Perses - God of Destruction
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:35 PM 08-15-2022
^ we have a winner
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:36 PM 08-15-2022
George " The Animal"
[Reply]
philfree 09:52 PM 08-15-2022
"Saint George Slays the dragon"! Saint George!

Saint George (Greek: Γεώργιος (Geórgios); died 23 April 303), also George of Lydda, was a Christian who is venerated as a saint in Christianity. According to tradition he was a soldier in the Roman army. Saint George was a soldier of Cappadocian Greek origin and member of the Praetorian Guard for Roman emperor Diocletian.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:26 AM 08-16-2022
I was very surprised to see him actually draw a double team.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:42 AM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Balky?
And he can get a sack and do the dance of joy?

Don't be ridiculous.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:42 AM 08-16-2022
Interesting

This is true.

The #Chiefs rookie sack record is 10 & was set by Derrick Thomas in 1989.

I think he breaks it. https://t.co/GcaM8QE7TP

— BJ Kissel (@BJ_KCSN) August 16, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:50 AM 08-16-2022
One thing to note w/ Karlaftis - he hasn't shown the ability to 'chain' moves yet. And that's not a knock on him - I wouldn't expect him to have that in his bag yet.

But it means he may get out hot and then taper off as the league adjusts. Looks like most of what he does is that quasi-rip move to get to 'half a man' and then try to power/drive through. But we're not seeing him set up the OT with a feint to throw another move out there just yet. We're not seeing a developed pass rush plan.

Which again - is just fine. He's a rookie. But I do think we need to remember that when talking about double digit sack totals.
[Reply]
Sorce 08:51 AM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
We have not had this type of player on defense with such a combo of speed and power since Jared Allen.

We know how that turned out.
His motor reminds me of Tamba, he was not the most gifted but he did not give up.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:54 AM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by Sorce:
His motor reminds me of Tamba, he was not the most gifted but he did not give up.
I think tagging him with the 'motor player' tag does him a bit of a disservice but he's just gonna have to live with that because it's gonna happen a lot.

What's most impressive to me is how heavy his hands are. He just looks like a guy who's not going to be fun to play against. Now I doubt he'll have the stamina as a rookie to really take full advantage of that, but by as early as next year he's going to be a guy who's wearing dudes out by the 4th quarter.

And I'm gonna keep an eye on him after the whistle. I'll bet you see a lot of OTs that give him shoves/smacks after the play is over. He may draw a penalty or two this year. Guys that play with that level of aggression and with those heavy hands just irritate linemen.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:20 AM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Hopefully, teams aren’t allowed to put George in a choke hold without a penalty though
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:42 PM 08-16-2022
My early evaluation of him leads me to believe he leads the Chiefs in sacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:49 PM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Perses - God of Destruction
This reminded me I had a Rottweiler named Charon along time ago. Kick ass dog. (Had another named Roman who was a badass as well).

Originally Posted by :
Charon (Χαρων) was the son of the primordial Gods Erebus (God of Darkness) and Nyx (Goddess of Light). The name Charon means ‘fierce brightness’ in Greek, and the Roman´s equivalent was Charus.

He was the ferryman of the dead, an underworld daimon (spirit) in the service of King Haides. He received the shades of the dead from Hermes who gathered them from the upper world and guided them to the shores of River Acheron.

The Acheron was also known as the River of Pain that flowed from the Styx and believed to carry pains intended for mortals back to earth. It also carried the good souls from the Underworld that were sent back to earth to be reincarnated as mortals.

Those who had not received due burial and were unable to pay his fee, would be left to wander the earthly side of the Acheron, haunting the upper world as ghosts.

Although Hermes might have taken the souls of the dead to the banks of the river for free, Charon demanded his fee.

[Reply]
Dante84 08:53 PM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
My early evaluation of him leads me to believe he leads the Chiefs in sacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel high even typing this… but I think Frank could.

I have not seen him fast or pursue the QB with passion in years… and in this one preseason game on limited snaps, he had some fire.

Since he’s a vet and already has the skill, maybe we get some of that will that has been missing and he blows up.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:42 PM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I feel high even typing this… but I think Frank could.

I have not seen him fast or pursue the QB with passion in years… and in this one preseason game on limited snaps, he had some fire.

Since he’s a vet and already has the skill, maybe we get some of that will that has been missing and he blows up.
Veach basically betting on this.

And he went all in.
[Reply]
Page 66 of 185
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116166 > Last »
Up