ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 168 of 185
« First < 68118158164165166167168 169170171172178 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:54 AM 04-07-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Funny story.

While we were at camp, we were right next to George’s girlfriend chatting with her and after practice, George came over and in that couple minutes I mentioned to him how I think he’s similar to Tamba Hali and how he should reach out to him because some of the training he did may really help him. He said he would.

I wonder if that’s how that started or the coaching staff reached out to Tamba, or if Tamba reached out directly to George.

Fun to think that I may have played a role in them working together.
I love stories like this.

It reminds me of the time I was living in Dallas as a young man, attending college at the University of Texas at Arlington. I would frequently go to Rangers games.

One game Pat Mahomes was there pitching, and I happened to see a young boy on the field shagging fly balls before the game.

The elder Mahomes came over to sign autographs and I asked him who the young child was in the outfield, displaying such raw, dazzling athletic talent. He told me that was his son, and he was going to be a great baseball player some day.

"Mr. Mahomes, your son should play football. He looks like a quarterback to me."

Pat Sr. smiled and said "Yeah, but he'll never be a first round pick, fatboy."

Fun to think that I may have played a role in the rise of the Kansas City Chiefs dynasty.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:13 AM 04-07-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I love stories like this.

It reminds me of the time I was living in Dallas as a young man, attending college at the University of Texas at Arlington. I would frequently go to Rangers games.

One game Pat Mahomes was there pitching, and I happened to see a young boy on the field shagging fly balls before the game.

The elder Mahomes came over to sign autographs and I asked him who the young child was in the outfield, displaying such raw, dazzling athletic talent. He told me that was his son, and he was going to be a great baseball player some day.

"Mr. Mahomes, your son should play football. He looks like a quarterback to me."

Pat Sr. smiled and said "Yeah, but he'll never be a first round pick, fatboy."

Fun to think that I may have played a role in the rise of the Kansas City Chiefs dynasty.
“Mr Mahomes, please also keep your other son away from female restaurant owners.”
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:03 AM 04-07-2023
Here’s a pic I took of her before I struck up a conversation about halfway through practice. She was actually very down to earth and cool to talk to. We were a few feet back from everyone for awhile and I do t think anyone even recognized her till George came over after practice and after he spent sone time with Frank on “get off” reps snd conversations they were having about what to look for pre snap and technique to immediately transition from first to second move.

I’ll post pictures of them working together a few feet away from us, too.
The "you and George" story is cool but taking a random picture of his girlfriend comes off as a little odd man...not gonna lie.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:53 AM 04-07-2023
I ever tell you fellas about the time I taught Daniel Sorensen how to spot a fake punt?
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:03 AM 04-07-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I ever tell you fellas about the time I taught Daniel Sorensen how to spot a fake punt?

[Reply]
ModSocks 10:18 AM 04-07-2023
I showed Dwayne Bowe the best late night munchie spots for after getting high.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:18 AM 04-07-2023
I taught Matt Cassel how to put a hat on.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:19 AM 04-07-2023
I'm the guy who told Todd Haley who to flip off.
[Reply]
Chief3188 10:21 AM 04-07-2023
I once told Andy Reid when I ran into him in the subway back in Philly, that when things were grim, be the grim reaper.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:34 AM 04-07-2023
Priest Holmes had never even tried nachos before I force-fed them to him upon signing with the Chiefs
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:35 AM 04-07-2023
I really regret all those soccer lessons i gave Kareem Hunt.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:46 AM 04-07-2023
While scouting Chris Jones coming out of college I told him to let his nuts hang
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 10:49 AM 04-07-2023
I went to band camp with Harrison Butker. We teased him relentlessly calling him Harry Butt, until he kicked one of the camp counselors in the balls for calling him that in front of the whole group.

Pretty sure his career took off from there.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:59 AM 04-07-2023
Here’s a pic I took of her before I struck up a conversation about halfway through practice. She was actually very down to earth and cool to talk to. We were a few feet back from everyone for awhile and I do t think anyone even recognized her till George came over after practice and after he spent sone time with Frank on “get off” reps snd conversations they were having about what to look for pre snap and technique to immediately transition from first to second move.

I’ll post pictures of them working together a few feet away from us, too.
Am I remembering correctly that she was also an athlete at Purdue?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:02 AM 04-07-2023
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
I went to band camp with Harrison Butker. We teased him relentlessly calling him Harry Butt, until he kicked one of the camp counselors in the balls for calling him that in front of the whole group.

Pretty sure his career took off from there.
Dude, we don't want to hear about that one time at band camp that you stuck a flute up your pussy.
[Reply]
Page 168 of 185
« First < 68118158164165166167168 169170171172178 > Last »
Up