ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 163 of 185
« First < 63113153159160161162163 164165166167173 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:43 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Karlaftis is probably around a 10 sack per season guy.

That's a totally reasonable projection given that he got 6.5 as a rookie (all on the back half of the season), and has one in each of his play-off games.

Is he a game wrecking DPOY type? No, probably not, but you don't often get guys like that at #30.

Is he a foundational piece for the next 4-5 years? Absolutely.
Hell of a get for the end of the first round
[Reply]
O.city 09:37 AM 02-02-2023
I dunno that he's a legit double digit sack per year guy. That's a pretty legit number, usually only the upper echelon guys are true double digit sack per year guys.

I'd say he settles in around 6-10 every year depending who's around him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:58 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I dunno that he's a legit double digit sack per year guy. That's a pretty legit number, usually only the upper echelon guys are true double digit sack per year guys.

That's really all we need from him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:03 AM 02-02-2023

I don't think he'll hit 10 like clockwork or anything (though the extra game should help a little).

But I think we should be able to enter a season going forward with a projection of 8-10 sacks and know that we're gonna be within a sack or so either way. I'd be surprised if a healthy season yields fewer than 7 for him anytime soon just as I'd be pretty surprised if he ever popped off more than 12.

I could see some stars aligning and him getting 12 one year but ultimately 'solid complementary rusher and SDE' is a wholly reasonable projection for him.
[Reply]
O.city 10:27 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's really all we need from him.
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I don't think he'll hit 10 like clockwork or anything (though the extra game should help a little).

But I think we should be able to enter a season going forward with a projection of 8-10 sacks and know that we're gonna be within a sack or so either way. I'd be surprised if a healthy season yields fewer than 7 for him anytime soon just as I'd be pretty surprised if he ever popped off more than 12.

I could see some stars aligning and him getting 12 one year but ultimately 'solid complementary rusher and SDE' is a wholly reasonable projection for him.
Oh, it's totally ideal. I'm not downplaying him at all. It's a great use of a pick.

Just saying I always reserve the "double digit sack guys" label for your high end guys.

You know, Bosa, Garrett....Brian Burns, etc.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:29 AM 02-02-2023
....Brian Burns, etc.
...this freakin' guy...
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:30 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
...this freakin' guy...
No shit.

Burns must be his cousin or something.

:-)
[Reply]
O.city 11:03 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
...this freakin' guy...
No shit.

Burns must be his cousin or something.

:-)
12.5 sack Brian Burns. Yes. HIm.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:07 AM 02-02-2023
12.5 sack Brian Burns. Yes. HIm.
Burns had 7.5 sacks his rookie year, 1 more than Karlaftis had this year. And 9 the two years after.

He's broken 10 sacks once. Frank Clark did it TWICE in Seattle before he ever came here.

If you really want to talk about ELITE defensive ends, you should probably stop talking about Brian Burns.
[Reply]
O.city 11:10 AM 02-02-2023
Burns had 7.5 sacks his rookie year, 1 more than Karlaftis had this year. And 9 the two years after.

He's broken 10 sacks once. Frank Clark did it TWICE in Seattle before he ever came here.

If you really want to talk about ELITE defensive ends, you should probably stop talking about Brian Burns.
Yeah, in his 24 year old season, he put up 12.5 sacks. He's a year younger than Nick Bosa.

I mean, if that's not an elite trajectory.....I don't know what we're looking for.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:17 AM 02-02-2023
Yeah, in his 24 year old season, he put up 12.5 sacks. He's a year younger than Nick Bosa.

I mean, if that's not an elite trajectory.....I don't know what we're looking for.
It's an elite trajectory and that's all it is. Burns still has a lot to prove.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:32 AM 02-02-2023
It's an elite trajectory and that's all it is. Burns still has a lot to prove.
He also has a pretty damn outstanding set of tools. He's long, quick, fluid; really does have most anything you could ask for from a potentially dynamic DE. He doesn't have the functional strength that a monster like Garrett has, but he has a LOT going from him physically. Look at what Cullen did with Danna and ask yourself what he could do for someone with the skills of Brian Burns.

I just ain't giving up a 1st rounder for the right to give another defensive player $25+ million/season.

Been there, done that, have the scars to prove it.

I mean your cap structure with Burns would have to be SO lean. It'd be almost pure stars/scrubs. The pressure that puts on every single draft would be immense.

You're talking about probably half your salary cap going into Mahomes, Jones, Burns and Kelce. HALF. In 4 guys.

That risk is just enormous. If you do that and he doesn't become a Micah Parson's sort of player, you're really up shit's creek because you're going to be cutting corners all over your roster to make it happen.

You're just betting way too much on the come with the kid.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:39 AM 02-02-2023
Side note: Man, I'm sorry, but the Dolphins should fire the fuck out of Mike McDaniel. That team has SO much talent that it was just inexcusable for them to flame out.

I was trying to come up with reasonable comparisons for a 'mid-tier' outcome with Burns and came up with Jaelan Phillips. But he's actually been a bit better than I realized. 15.5 sacks in his first two years and REALLY good pressure rates. He's a very good player. And then they add Burns to the other side not to mention Seiler being a letter perfect 3-tech for them and Wilkins isn't far behind as the other 3. They have some really nice players in their secondary and obviously the insane talent at WR.

That SHOULD be a 12-13 win team. It absolutely had that kind of talent. Going 9-8 to sneak into the playoffs is just real bad. I think there's an excellent chance that Mike McDaniel is a shitty HC.
[Reply]
O.city 11:41 AM 02-02-2023
Qb issue sunk it.

The secondary really aged and fell apart too. They're gonna have to cut some guys there to get the cap in order.

But really, once Tua got blasted it was all over.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:48 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Side note: Man, I'm sorry, but the Dolphins should fire the fuck out of Mike McDaniel. That team has SO much talent that it was just inexcusable for them to flame out.

I was trying to come up with reasonable comparisons for a 'mid-tier' outcome with Burns and came up with Jaelan Phillips. But he's actually been a bit better than I realized. 15.5 sacks in his first two years and REALLY good pressure rates. He's a very good player. And then they add Burns to the other side not to mention Seiler being a letter perfect 3-tech for them and Wilkins isn't far behind as the other 3. They have some really nice players in their secondary and obviously the insane talent at WR.

That SHOULD be a 12-13 win team. It absolutely had that kind of talent. Going 9-8 to sneak into the playoffs is just real bad. I think there's an excellent chance that Mike McDaniel is a shitty HC.
???
[Reply]
Page 163 of 185
« First < 63113153159160161162163 164165166167173 > Last »
Up