ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 162 of 185
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166172 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
dlphg9 11:56 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Give it another year. Lots of D-linemen start slow. If he doesn't flash by the end of next year then he's basically Allen Bailey. But I still think there's a chance he can be Tamba Hali.
Doesn't flash? Wtf are you talking about. He had 6.5 sacks over the last 9 games. How's that not flashing. Allen Bailey was 29 before he had a season like Karlaftis had his rookie season.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:56 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I hate to reign on the parade but I just dont see Karlaftis being anything more than a useful player. Chris Jones mere presence helps alot of these guys out. Hes a good player just wont ever be great. We'll need trade up for a DE in the draft IMO. Being that we are set at QB, that should not be a big deal.
He's a rookie you stupid shit. You're so incredibly stupid
[Reply]
staylor26 12:08 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Give it another year. Lots of D-linemen start slow. If he doesn't flash by the end of next year then he's basically Allen Bailey. But I still think there's a chance he can be Tamba Hali.
:-)
[Reply]
New World Order 12:31 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Karlaftis showed up that's excellent, it wasn't a " try hard" or coverage sack/pressure
Why don’t you try to be a Positive Pete
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:31 AM 01-31-2023
I remember Chris Long's rookie year, it was rough. George had a way better rookie year than him and Chris turned out to be a really good player.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:22 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
One thing I want him to learn from Clark (besides coverage and edge setting) is timing the snap count.

There are times that Clark just has it down perfect. He’s moving perfectly with the ball before any OL is even starting to leave their stance. At times, it looks like he’s early but then you see the slo mo replay. It’s really impressive.
They were literally working together on this for at least 2 days in camp. We were talking with George’s girlfriend for about 15 minutes and she mentioned how Frank had been super helpful since he was drafted and they were close. Frank and George spent every extra minute working on timing the snap and small things to help his “get off”.

Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
I love Karlaftis. However, I've seen many times where he is really slow coming off the snap. I hope he gets better at this.
It all depends on the play all and his individual responsibilities on the play.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:22 AM 01-31-2023
I think people have gone overboard with Karlaftis, to be honest. He's been decent for a rookie, but he's not been THAT good against the run, and his pressure rate isn't amazing. He's been worse than Clark (as he should be, given he's a rookie) and we all know how most people feel about him.

He's a rookie, so I get it. I'm excited about what he COULD become, but this year I think people have over-valued his performances. He does seem to have gotten a little more consistent pressure, especially against weaker OLs, and turning more of those into sacks is massive. He's also been an absolute workhorse, and you've got to think that experience helps down the line, providing he's not flogged.

But I don't get praise beyond that. He's not set a great edge, his PFF run defence score is something like 40 which seems a tad low but honestly closer to reality I think.

He's been solid for a rookie. But he's not McDuffie level impact this year, I'm not sure he's Jaylen Watson level impact. Hoping he has a massive game against Philly now and shuts me up.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:37 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I think people have gone overboard with Karlaftis, to be honest. He's been decent for a rookie, but he's not been THAT good against the run, and his pressure rate isn't amazing. He's been worse than Clark (as he should be, given he's a rookie) and we all know how most people feel about him.

He's a rookie, so I get it. I'm excited about what he COULD become, but this year I think people have over-valued his performances. He does seem to have gotten a little more consistent pressure, especially against weaker OLs, and turning more of those into sacks is massive. He's also been an absolute workhorse, and you've got to think that experience helps down the line, providing he's not flogged.

But I don't get praise beyond that. He's not set a great edge, his PFF run defence score is something like 40 which seems a tad low but honestly closer to reality I think.

He's been solid for a rookie. But he's not McDuffie level impact this year, I'm not sure he's Jaylen Watson level impact. Hoping he has a massive game against Philly now and shuts me up.
He just helped us punch a ticket to go to the Super Bowl but that's not good enough to be excited about him and think he's fucking good for a rookie?
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:40 AM 01-31-2023
The Greek has the third most sacks in his rookie class. I think that's pretty good.
[Reply]
JPH83 04:40 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
He just helped us punch a ticket to go to the Super Bowl but that's not good enough to be excited about him and think he's ****ing good for a rookie?
Who said it's not good enough? I said he's been solid for a rookie, not that he's trash.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:03 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:

What exactly have people been saying about him that you disagree with?

That he's a rookie whose play had improved, and his sack streak at the end of the year is/was an encouraging sign for the kind of player he could become?

Yeah. Everybody really thinks he's Reggie White over here. Pump the brakes amirite???
[Reply]
BWillie 07:51 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
He's a rookie you stupid shit. You're so incredibly stupid
I must be since my opinion is different than yours. What am I thinking?! I'll go reflect on how I can be a better man and complete exercises to improve my intelligence to rival your own.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:55 AM 01-31-2023
Karlaftis is probably around a 10 sack per season guy.

That's a totally reasonable projection given that he got 6.5 as a rookie (all on the back half of the season), and has one in each of his play-off games.

Is he a game wrecking DPOY type? No, probably not, but you don't often get guys like that at #30.

Is he a foundational piece for the next 4-5 years? Absolutely.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:30 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Karlaftis is probably around a 10 sack per season guy.

That's a totally reasonable projection given that he got 6.5 as a rookie (all on the back half of the season), and has one in each of his play-off games.

Is he a game wrecking DPOY type? No, probably not, but you don't often get guys like that at #30.

Is he a foundational piece for the next 4-5 years? Absolutely.
Pretty much how I see it. He's not ever going to be the star of the DL, but he's going to be a great anchor guy on the DL for years to come. He's going to be that solid jack-of-all-trades high football IQ player that every great DL needs to have. He'll be good to great against the run, above average pass-rusher, solid in coverage, always situationally aware . . . Kind of a modern day Howie Long.
[Reply]
Bump 10:36 PM 02-01-2023
our d-line was noticeably better this season than any in the last 5 years and he started all season and the improvement of Danna was a part of that too. Just sayin
[Reply]
Page 162 of 185
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166172 > Last »
Up