ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 116 of 185
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126166 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
JPH83 10:59 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
My bad, I got them mixed up. DJ is right, not what you want for pass-rush win rates. But still the second-best mark in the rookie class.

Best thing I can find on his pressure rate is that it's around 9 percent. Which is average-ish.

I think it's reasonable to believe he's going to improve from those totals moving forward. Most pass rushers do, unless they're absolute freaks of nature whose physical traits are so good they instantly explode (ie Parsons).
All good, and yep, given he's smart and obviously hard working you've got to think the chance of improvement is very high.
[Reply]
-King- 11:02 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm not talking about people that are underwhelmed. I'm talking about the people calling him a bust after 8 games. And it's not just Karlaftis, it's literally everybody we've draft over the last few years.

By reading this board, you'd think the Chiefs are awful at the draft.
I think the closest someone has gotten to calling him a bust is tribal warfare calling him a JAG.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:06 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
I think the closest someone has gotten to calling him a bust is tribal warfare calling him a JAG.
BWillie implied that he's going to get 1 sack a year...
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:53 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm not miserable at all. I value all opinions. That's why I'm here. Love hearing Chiefs takes that are different than my own. People caliling others name and being all uppity and bitching about others for having an opinion one way or the other is the annoyance.
:-)

I know better. Think about it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:55 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Ha, it's a fair point. But like htismaqe says it's pretty nauseating either way right? There's a fair bit of doom and gloom and a fair bit of needlessly jumping down the throats of people who just disagree with you in the margins. It's odd.
Exactly.

And for those people that are actually thoughtful and spend time backing up their opinions (like DJLN, for example) spend way too much time getting criticized by BOTH sides. Because occupying a rational, reasonable middle ground is viewed by too many people as being "soft" on your opinions or riding the fence.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:57 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
It's not just Karlaftis. People have called McDuffie injury prone, for example.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:59 AM 11-10-2022
Exactly.

And for those people that are actually thoughtful and spend time backing up their opinions (like DJLN, for example) spend way too much time getting criticized by BOTH sides. Because occupying a rational, reasonable middle ground is viewed by too many people as being "soft" on your opinions or riding the fence.

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:33 PM 11-10-2022
It's not just Karlaftis. People have called McDuffie injury prone, for example.
That was beyond ridiculous, though.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:36 PM 11-10-2022
There's just as much doom and gloom here as there is homer stuff. It's all annoying. But such polarization is par for the course in our society.
On Skyy Moore:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Complete and absolute bust

He’s maybe the 9th or 10th option on offense. Every other WR, every TE, and every RB are higher in the pecking order catching the ball than this worthless piece of trash.

[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 05:16 PM 11-10-2022
Exactly.

All of this.

The other issue(at least if the poster wants their opinion valued) is that when you are extreme one way or another it's hard to take the opinion seriously. It's like when Collinsworth says a player is amazing. He says everyone is amazing so it stops having meaning.

I also chuckle when people then claim to have known what was going to happen when something they were negative about turned about to be correct. Well you are negative(or a homer) about everything so by law of averages you are going to be correct sometimes.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:13 PM 11-10-2022
I figured at some point some on the board would call him a bust. He will never have eye popping sack numbers maybe 8-10 a year. I thought he's done everything else pretty solid this year just like he always did at Purdue
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:29 PM 11-10-2022
You can quote stats all day long and they tell you a little. My eyes tell me dude is around the QB and football a lot.

Just needs to learn to finish more and he will.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:09 AM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You can quote stats all day long and they tell you a little. My eyes tell me dude is around the QB and football a lot.

Just needs to learn to finish more and he will.
yup
[Reply]
Dante84 11:08 AM 11-14-2022

Karlaftis led the team(Tied with Jones) with 4 QB pressures yesterday, he added 2 batted passes as well. He’s now up to 28 pressures and a league leading 5 batted passes through the first 9 games of his career.#Chiefs | #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/21q3DDnL37

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) November 14, 2022

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:26 AM 11-14-2022
Water Polo paying off.
[Reply]
Page 116 of 185
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126166 > Last »
Up